hp in my 88 245 >

hp in my 88 245

Notices

hp in my 88 245

Old 07-24-2006, 01:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hp in my 88 245

i have been reading all the post on the limited 245. its great to see others like them . i recently bought mine. it had new all white int. and was stored indoors always. the boat is orig grey sides and red adn black stripes , not the common blue/wht. since boat sat so long i had typica problems with it but getting them worked out. the boat is powered by a 468 ci chevy bbc with twin gale banks turbos on it. i put a 13/34 x 22 4 blade stainless on it and it hauls azz. i contacted chris craft and the tare weight of it with a bbc was 5800lbs give or take. i personaly took to scales and with approx 40 gl of fuel and on trailer was a wopping 7120 lbs. i have the bravo 1 on rear and nurse it to plane and it shoots out of hole. if you have any questions . i have done extensive reserch on them and now know a bit. as for 1 more the boat will be for sale this year.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Registered

Default Re: hp in my 88 245

What gear ratio in the bravo?
Old 07-24-2006, 09:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

7200 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I got mine the paperwork said 3750 dry with a small block,I know big blocks are heavier but not 3000lbs!!!
Maybe I shoud weigh mine!! I am at 50 on gps with a small block with dart heads,bigger cam and holley carb and alumin intake,I guess it may be ha\eavier that I thought,no wonder its a tird!!
Still love my boat though.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:05 PM
Registered

It seems that a lot doesn't make sense in the first post. Hence the reason I'm asking drive ratio.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:53 PM
Registered

i got to check the gear ratio. where do i find this. as far as weight , i was supprised myself, however i can e mail the orig sales brochure i downloaded from chris craft. i was shocked myself so thats why i went and weighed it. ive heard they were very heavy boats but dang. appearently the thickness of the hull was more than normal to give a smoother ride in rougher waters. ill get some pics to post. im glzad to hear they are liked. it seemed like i had the only one around till i got to this posting. if you have the small block engine go weigh it. they are heave. i think a bbc is only about 350lb more isnt it?
Old 07-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by lmtd245
i got to check the gear ratio. where do i find this. as far as weight , i was supprised myself, however i can e mail the orig sales brochure i downloaded from chris craft. i was shocked myself so thats why i went and weighed it. ive heard they were very heavy boats but dang. appearently the thickness of the hull was more than normal to give a smoother ride in rougher waters. ill get some pics to post. im glzad to hear they are liked. it seemed like i had the only one around till i got to this posting. if you have the small block engine go weigh it. they are heave. i think a bbc is only about 350lb more isnt it?
Email any info to [email protected] I would like to see some info on this boat,I have been looking forever.
I had to fix a delaminated strake a couple months ago,I cut the inside under the front side seat to make sure it was not all the way split,it was not,I did not think that the hukll was that thick,my dads 21 ft sea ray is thicker.
email that info if you can.Thanks,Tim
Old 07-26-2006, 05:51 PM
Registered

ok got in contact with mercruiser reg the gear ratio. the one in my particular boat is 1.5 to 1. was a common ratio for the 7.4l . the boat will be for sale. id hate to see it go but im ready to go back to a sanger hydro and or a 30ft baja. boat is is great shape and has a newer trailer.(orig owner had it at lake tahoe and was stored indoors) trailer is a 94' color all white with chrome wheels and putting new tires on it. i will not sell boat unless all is perfect. so its in a shop now being checked. i did see the trailer switch to automatically raise the out drive when at trailer dont work but i dont think it matters. new all white marine int. new grey snap im marine carpet. bunks underneith in new grey and matching color trim. porta pody looks never used. new 4 blade stainless prop. if any questions ask ill post pics....
Old 07-26-2006, 05:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by lmtd245
ok got in contact with mercruiser reg the gear ratio. the one in my particular boat is 1.5 to 1. was a common ratio for the 7.4l . the boat will be for sale. id hate to see it go but im ready to go back to a sanger hydro and or a 30ft baja. boat is is great shape and has a newer trailer.(orig owner had it at lake tahoe and was stored indoors) trailer is a 94' color all white with chrome wheels and putting new tires on it. i will not sell boat unless all is perfect. so its in a shop now being checked. i did see the trailer switch to automatically raise the out drive when at trailer dont work but i dont think it matters. new all white marine int. new grey snap im marine carpet. bunks underneith in new grey and matching color trim. porta pody looks never used. new 4 blade stainless prop. if any questions ask ill post pics....
How much? And of course we want pics!!!!!!!!!!!!
We here love pics!!
Old 08-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Registered

pics????
Old 08-08-2006, 08:07 AM
Registered

I've got the original sales brochure with my 1990. I can scan the spec. sheet if ya want and post that. The big block boat comes in around 4700lbs.

Quick Reply: hp in my 88 245

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.