Stinger 260 Electrical Questions >

Stinger 260 Electrical Questions

Notices

Stinger 260 Electrical Questions

Old 11-09-2006, 04:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stinger 260 Electrical Questions

Hi, just got two questions if anybody can help?

1. I am trying to locate where the 'house power' main cable is. I know if runs off the starboard engine as when I turn that power on, I get house power (i.e power in cabin). There is no extra wire on the switch or at the starter motor that I can find. It may be behind the dash? I've installed a deep cycle bank and want to redirect it to this.

2. The alternator charging cable (orange) goes from the alternator to the starter which then connects to the battery. Should this go to the solenoid positive on the starter or the main positive (some Google sites say solenoid and my Merc manual isn't that clear). if it's the solenoid, I cannot understand how that works as after the engine is started, this terminal would become disconnected so how would the charge get to the battery. Reason I am asking is that I want to wire that orange wire from the alternator to a switch so I an manually swicth it to charge my deep cycle bank or back to starting batteies - anybody see any problems doing it this way?

Thanks!
Old 11-09-2006, 11:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 366 Likes on 245 Posts
Default Re: Stinger 260 Electrical Questions

send an e-mail to ccraft customer support and ask them to e-mail you the boat electrical diagram. You'll find your answers!
Old 11-11-2006, 12:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Stinger 260 Electrical Questions

THE ORANGE WIRE GOES O THE BAT. TERMINAL OF THE STARTER. THE BEST WAY TO DO YOUR CONNECTION TO CHARGE BOTH SETS OF BATTERIES IS INSTALL A CONSTANT DUTY MARINE GRADE SOLENOID NOT AN ISOLATOR. HOOK ALL YOU ACC. UP TO THE DEEP CYCLE BANK AND HAVE JUST YOU ENGINE FROM THE MAIN THEN WHEN YOU TURN YOUR IGNITION SWITCH ON IT TURNS ON THE SOLENOID AND CONNECTS ALL THE BATTERIES THE ALT WILL NOW CHARGE EVERYTHING AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY YOUR MAIN BATS. WILL ALWAYS BE COMPLETELY CHARGED. PUT ALL YOUR GROUND TOGETHER FROM ALL THE BATS. THEN HOOK THE SOLENOID UP TO BOTH OF THE POS TERMINALS AND THE SMALL EXCITE WIRE WILL GO TO YOUR IGNITION SWITCH SO IT HAS POWER WHEN THE SWITCH IS ON
HOPE THIS HELPS NEED ANY MORE INFO EMAIL ME AT [email protected]