Notices

Limited?

Old 03-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Limited?

Hey guys, new to the forum. Got a question..I have a 22.5 CC Scorpion 1986 Limited. What is the difference between the base model and the Limited?
Old 03-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Base had 350ci 260hp, limited had 454ci 330hp both thru alphas
Old 03-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice boat!

Mine was a big block and it was ok, but I did not like the seats in the boat for starters (personal opinion) and of course once you drive a twin screw you will never go back to a single again.

Enjoy the boat as I did and then work your way up to a bigger one eventually (unless your just a river rat?)Nothing wrong with that if your only near rivers.
I am at an open lake, so I opted for a larger boat.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Registered

Thanks Stinger. Its my first boat so this is a project for me. My father gave me the boat for Christmas 2 years ago as a bare hull. I built a 350 for it and built an Alpha drive. The wife,kid and I had a ball on it all season last year until the transom started leaking. The boat has LTD all over it but came with a 350? After removing the engine and transom assy I found that the thru hull holes had leaked rotting the transom. I removed the rotted wood and am in the process of rebuilding now. I also picked up a 2 piece rear main 454/330 that I was going to paint and install but while cleaning I found it to be a reverse rotation engine. I finally found an engine builder today that could lead me in the right direction with converting to left hand. I am ordering a Crane cam 112lsa 225/236. 510/550 a full bearing and seal kit and timing set. He told me this combo should make near 400 hp with my rectangle port heads and stock exhaust with 4" elbows. The catch is that I can no longer use the silent choice. I also acquired a used Bravo transom assy that I will be installing with the BI upper that I have. At the moment I only have a BIII lower but am still looking for a BI. I will raise the drive height 2" when the transom goes back together. It doesnt look like I will have the time to paint the hull But I have plans on spraying white gelcoat on the bottom below the water line and PPG concept on the sides and top. I bought new guages yesterday and did all the wiring last season so the boat should be in good shape. Does anyone know if there were any other changes made from the factory to a LTD?
Old 03-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Registered

Just looked at his thread. Hes in Montreal. Thats like the other side of the world to me but thanks for looking out. i appreciate it. Hes got me thinking that I might be better off with the BIII. Im raising my drive height so the BIII might get me on plane faster and will be great for towing without blowout. I guess ill try it first before I get a BI. My father owns a marina so I could always "borrow" a BI to try and see which one I like. Thanks again daredevil.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scorpion, where do you boat?

You say Montreal is the other side of the world. Are you near Niagara at all?

I know a guy with a set of Bravos that might part them out?(may have to twist his arm as I believe the boat will never get wet again???)
Old 03-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Registered

I live on Long Island. Southeast New York. I just finished the last layer of glass on the transom today so its time to cut the hole for the drive. I dont have the money for another lower at the moment so I guess the BIII is going on. How far up do I go if at all?