Notices

Stinger 222 - Where I'm up to now...

Old 07-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,234 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghostrider
Anyway, here's one for the brains trust:

I don't have an electric hatch actuator / lift so I've made up a bracket set to fit a gas strut in there. Now, I have to figure out a neat and simple way to keep the hatch closed. Any idea's???

I still haven't had any luck on the velcro either. Damn Google! Anyone know of any supplier up there I may be able to order online from?
For the hatch... I saw a similar set up on a Sea Ray the other day, except the boat's configuration was a little different than ours. I was thinking that you could get a pair of latches that would hold the hatch down on the sides under the jump seat pads. Take a hinged latch and attach to the bottom of the engine hatch (female) and then attach the male side to the engine cover panel.

Velcro... I get mine from the local hardware supply store (Home Depot here). They seem to have all kinds available.

Later,
Tom
Old 07-30-2009, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stinger speeds

I want to start a thread intitled Stingers Speeds i dont know how to do it.I am restoreing my stinger.I hope with 475hp at the prop i can hit 78gps.I am not a big baller.i dont have a lot of money.it is time for my stinger to come alive.And pics i dont have.I have had her 12yrs and will never sell it.I have the 330hp engine factory and thats it.I am in the process of finding a barvo1 xr orxz or bravo 1 drive my name is chris i would love to talk to some of you ghuys and pic your brain about this boat by phone.my number is 817-903-6661 call me anytime day or night i will wake up and talk i am going to dump a lot of money in a dream and i want this boat to be pefect.the speed is very important.I would love 82gps but i dont have that kind of money to spend.

Last edited by sting87222; 07-30-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:23 PM
Registered

Default Stinger Speeds

How Fast have you guys gotten Stinger 222's up to that are safe and acurate speeds.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

77.2 on GPS with a 383 small block. I'm using an all-aluminum top end with aluminum manifolds and stainless risers. At the time... spinning a 25P Mirage+.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:31 AM
Registered

I decided to change the look of things somewhat...

I wasn't happy with the stock rocker covers and the flame arrestor. I also changed to Corsa exhaust tips which are a bit longer with the spiral baffles.

I plan on adding twin breather hoses plumbed to a central puke tank mounted just up behind the motor in the near future too, as it stands, there's no vents or breathers in the new covers, which could be a bad thing!

Also just swapped to a Crane HI-6M so that should help with my timing issues.

What are your thoughts on the new look?
Attached Thumbnails Stinger 222 - Where I'm up to now...-new-look-1.jpg   Stinger 222 - Where I'm up to now...-new-look-2.jpg   Stinger 222 - Where I'm up to now...-new-look-3.jpg  

Stinger 222 - Where I'm up to now...-new-look-4.jpg  
Old 08-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I like it!!

Hey? can you get some more detailed shots of stuff? Dash, cuddy, etc.? I'm trying to see the differences between different Stingers of the same model.

BTW... I really like the scoop! I may do the same with mine.

-Tom
Old 08-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Registered

No drama's, I have plenty!

My plan is to redo the dash with all white face, black or white rim gauges in the near future too.

I've made up all new foam for the front cusions, I'm just getting new covers done too, these ones are a bit old.

How's yours going?

John
Attached Thumbnails Stinger 222 - Where I'm up to now...-back-pad.jpg   Stinger 222 - Where I'm up to now...-cuddy-cabin.jpg   Stinger 222 - Where I'm up to now...-cockpit.jpg  

Stinger 222 - Where I'm up to now...-dsc01420.jpg  
Old 08-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Everything is back together. I just need to make a few adjustments here and there, and throw some bilgekote on the wood in the foot wells under the equipment locker/battery house. The seats installed in two completed sets... front seats/arm rests, then the equipment locker. All of my vinyl was good as was most of the foam, I just added a little to the bottoms. Every piece of wood has been remade and epoxied.

Thanks for the pics! She looks good, mate!

-Tom
Old 08-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

They look kinda the same... but still different!

My dash is a little different (I'm assuming you remade your gauge pod). I have large gauges on the top and small directly under (above the helm). I also have toggles for all my switch gear.

I do not have grab handles for the passengers (going to remedy that asap!).

My cuddy is all gray, and instead of vinyl, everything is cloth.

Interesting differences, huh?

-Tom
Old 08-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Registered

- I've seen pics of the grey cloth, too dark for me, the white makes that cabin feel a lot bigger (except for that damn doorway!)

But the mail came so I'm now happy!!!

So I had the timing 180deg out when I put the dist back in, so I screwed up the firing order on # 3 and 5, so I forgot to tighten the float bowls on the carb and pissed fuel everywhere...

There's just something soothing about putting this ignition system on, knowing it's going to be good!

RPM Air Gap, Crane Gold Rollers and Holley 850HP D/P on their way too. Should be fun! My wife's going to kill me!

Attached Thumbnails Stinger 222 - Where I'm up to now...-hi-6m-3-.jpg  

Last edited by Ghostrider; 08-13-2009 at 04:35 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.