260 stinger question >

260 stinger question

Notices

260 stinger question

Old 07-19-2009, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 260 stinger question

I am in the process of semi restoring an 85 260 stinger, I removed the winshield and going to build faring, any info on repairing cabin door roller? should I just remove it all together? Also what is reasonable hp for alpa? any inspirational photos? Any suggestions in this project would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reasonable hp for an Alpha is about 300 per side. I know a few may embelish and brag but it might even take up to 500hp but won't last long.
Most stock 5.7 are about 260hp and push the boat along nicely if you have the right prop setup on it an you know how to trim the boat while running...
I have met many who can't or don't know how to do this???

I am trying a pair of stainless four blades tomorrow morning that i am borrowing off my buddies Formula. I'll let you know how they work. I have tried 19's, 21's and now have 23's but it is lazy so I am going back down to a lower pitch.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks I am very curious as to the 4 blades perf. This boat has a bit of sentimental value to me, so I am going to keep it a while. I have 355's with 142 B&M mini blowers I can install, but dont want an unreliable boat. Theboat(had) has 21p 3blade mercury quicksilver props and one was stolen!
Old 07-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like four blade is the way to go!
I just ordered my set today and gave back the props to my freind for his boat.

WOW!! What a difference! The boat leaped out of the water and top end................well lets say I had a tear in my eye!

The one thing though is to go down a couple of pitches as a four blade will naturally turn slower. I went from a 14 x 23 three blade aluminum back to a 14 x 19 four blade stainless. I am VERY happy with the result!