Notices

Halfway towards new boat!

Old 10-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Halfway towards new boat!

On my way to becoming the new owner of a 1984 23' Chris Craft 230XL "Stinger"
It is powered by a 454 Mercruiser 7.4L
I have a longgg way to go untill the boat can hit water, but the restoration should be fun!
Havent made the payment yet, but I will in the next 2 weeks or less!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It'll be moored by my house down the street so I will most likely spend some nights on it during the summer. I might do a poker run or two, staying with the smaller boats.

Last edited by CigaretteSam; 10-10-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 364 Likes on 243 Posts

have fun with the new toy!
Old 10-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff32
have fun with the new toy!
Thanks! I will let ya'll know when I pay for it...then it'll officially be mine.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gonna be a fun boat. It already looks pretty good.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Gonna be a fun boat. It already looks pretty good.
Thanks. The interior is the part that really needs the TLC. Plan to add drop down bolsters in the front and 3 in the back.
BTW- didnt see you sunday at LaMotta's? Thought you were running with John?
Old 10-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by CigaretteSam
Thanks. The interior is the part that really needs the TLC. Plan to add drop down bolsters in the front and 3 in the back.
BTW- didnt see you sunday at LaMotta's? Thought you were running with John?
I had a drive cap come loose halfway down the Bronx river. Lckily we were still on plane and I jsut hammered the port engine all the wat back to the ramp in Manhassett. There was no way I was gonna let that boat get off plane with there not being any beer on board.......

I had a great co captain with me and he helped me get it on the trailer. John came back a little later so we actually trailered to Lamatta's

It was a great time. Not sure what happened to the drive since this was some kind of freak thing. It's just powerboating I guess.

Boat goes to FL towards the end of the week, so they'll get everything fixed up there for KW. Planning on being back up here at some point next year. There is just to much to do up here with boats to not try and get some boat time in when the season is going strong.

Really impressive gathering of really nice boats. I enjoyed it.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
I had a drive cap come loose halfway down the Bronx river. Lckily we were still on plane and I jsut hammered the port engine all the wat back to the ramp in Manhassett. There was no way I was gonna let that boat get off plane with there not being any beer on board.......

I had a great co captain with me and he helped me get it on the trailer. John came back a little later so we actually trailered to Lamatta's

It was a great time. Not sure what happened to the drive since this was some kind of freak thing. It's just powerboating I guess.

Boat goes to FL towards the end of the week, so they'll get everything fixed up there for KW. Planning on being back up here at some point next year. There is just to much to do up here with boats to not try and get some boat time in when the season is going strong.

Really impressive gathering of really nice boats. I enjoyed it.
Sorry to hear about the boat issues! Would love to meet you and check out your boat next year! Never ridden on a NorTech before, but I have been on Cigarette's plenty of times.
Sam
Old 10-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by CigaretteSam
Sorry to hear about the boat issues! Would love to meet you and check out your boat next year! Never ridden on a NorTech before, but I have been on Cigarette's plenty of times.
Sam
It is a fun boat. Flies really well in the air. Runs better every time I take it out. This is the first time I have had any sort of an issue with it.

Just another thing that I need ot learn to check regularly, even if I pay someone to do it.