stinger 260 mirage 23p plus props >

stinger 260 mirage 23p plus props

Notices

stinger 260 mirage 23p plus props

Old 10-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stinger 260 mirage 23p plus props

I have a 86 stinger 260 with twin tempest 300hp mercs x dimension raised 2 inches and currently run 21 mirage plus props at 6000+rpm. I have 23 cleavers but holeshot suffers a lot. Anyone know of a place in the gta or barrie area in Ontario that does loan a prop for trials? Thinking 23's are where I need to be. Both drives are RH alphas.

Or what other props work good on these boats? although I have never seen another one with my set up
Old 11-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had about the same hp as you do and moved up from 21" clevers to 23". My x deminsion was stock. Mine was an 85. It went 58 m.p.h. stock and 62-63 with the head, cam, intake and tune package + the larger props. Out of the hole was fine. I pretty much rolled it on as I figured 300-320 h.p. was pushing my luck with the Alpha drives. The twin RH drives meant I always had my hands on the steering wheel. Oh r.p.m. wise trimmed out I ran about 5300-5400 with light loads.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Wes. \mine also went about 61-62mph.
I tried a set of clevers but they were terrible out of the hole and very lazy, however they did give me a pretty good top end. I think my drives were a bit deep for clevers as they were stock Xdim.
I did look around for a counter rotating drive for quite some time but never found one. If you happen to find a good counter-rotate drive try it out as the boat steers better and comes out of the hole like a big boat should. (that is the one flaw I found with the mid 80's stingers. They should all have counter rotating drives)

Not sure if you are running 14's or 14.5's but that is another thing you can check out. There is a prop calculator on the internet at Mercury.com. just follow the links

As for guys in Ontario, I'm not sure where you live but you might try Ted at Performance Marine up on Hwy's 9&27 near Newmarket. If your farther north try Double R just south of Orillia. If your in the GTA call Norm at Sunshine Marine. These guys might have loaner props to try?
Old 12-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill have to try out Ted in the spring 9 and 27 isn't to far. thanks for the info hopefully I can use this boat next year