chris craft owners! >

chris craft owners!

Notices

chris craft owners!

Old 12-06-2004, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chris craft owners!

tryin to start a forum, gettin to know if there are any chirs craft owners out there?
What kinda boats do yall have? Where do ay boat?
I have a 1988 chris craft stinger with twin 475hp's and a cig revolution project boat i just bought, the chris craft has gone up for sale.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:53 AM
Registered

Default Re: chris craft owners!

I have an 87 Stinger 260 with twin SBCs.
Attached Thumbnails chris craft owners!-derivera-park.jpg   chris craft owners!-chris-craft-cockpit-helm.jpg   chris craft owners!-bow-mon-b.jpg  

Old 12-07-2004, 07:54 AM
Registered

Give us pics of that Chris.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:45 AM
Registered

27 Concept 1992 Family boat. No pics yet, but its not exactly a hi perf boat.
Nevertheless, I am a huge Chris Craft fan and I am happy to see this forum
Old 12-07-2004, 09:23 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 222 stinger project. It used to have a SBC/Alpha in it. I bought it less motor and drive. Its going to have a BBC/Bravo in it now.....unless i can find a Arneson surface drive for the right price then i may glass the transom and notch in and put that on her instead for something totaly one of a kind! oh did i mention i'm custom molding the dash for moster gauges heheh.....stay tuned for pics to come up shortly in the next few weeks

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 12-07-2004, 09:44 AM
Registered

wally-
I think I saw that boat on ebay months back.. My first boat was a stinger 202, I stripped and rebuilt the boat and moved steering over, and relocated the gauges... I will Post pics tonight.. I have always liked the 222 and if I ever find a project 222 I will jump all over it..
TC
Old 12-07-2004, 10:42 AM
Registered

375stinger,
Sorry to change the subject, but that Revolution wouldn't be from the St louis area, just purchased this fall, would it?
Gary
Old 12-07-2004, 11:46 AM
Registered

Hi Everyone,
I have a 88 312 Stinger with 500 plus hp 454s,Ill try to get some pics on here.I have had the boat for 6 years and it seems to change every year with a new scheme , motors or cabin upgrades.I never seem to leave the damn thing alone.
Hey 375STINGER how did you like a larger stinger/ride,speed,handling?
Old 12-07-2004, 01:25 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tc-outlaw
wally-
I think I saw that boat on ebay months back.. My first boat was a stinger 202, I stripped and rebuilt the boat and moved steering over, and relocated the gauges... I will Post pics tonight.. I have always liked the 222 and if I ever find a project 222 I will jump all over it..
TC
Yup i got it off eBay..i jumped on it cause right away and got lucky. Other then my own custom work that i'm doing right now the only problem it had was a rotten cabin floor. Guess chris craft didnt bother sealing the plywood floors when they installed them!!! The underside was raw wood and got wet and rotted from the bottom up. It now has a solid 3/4" floor and i'm redoing the cabin so it has a porto-potty and a slighlty bigger bed area Oh joy is me

first pic is how the floor inside looked when i got it......soft but couldnt tell what was the extent of the rot........second pic is of the new piece of wood trial fir inplace for i sealed it up with fiberglass. The third pic is the sealed wood fit inplace and durabond (the pink stuff) filling the gaps around the edges. after that i put 2 layers of glass around the seams and one more final layer over the whole thing.....it now needs to be sanded and painted. should look better then new

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!

Last edited by Wally; 12-28-2006 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wally
I have a 222 stinger project. It used to have a SBC/Alpha in it. I bought it less motor and drive. Its going to have a BBC/Bravo in it now.....unless i can find a Arneson surface drive for the right price then i may glass the transom and notch in and put that on her instead for something totaly one of a kind! oh did i mention i'm custom molding the dash for moster gauges heheh.....stay tuned for pics to come up shortly in the next few weeks
Is that one of those that has the three across sit down bolsters? Those are pretty cool. I saw one down here that was all red and the guy was in the process of removing the molded swim steps, glassing over the transom, and putting on twin outboards using a b-bracket. Never saw it fly but I bet it was pretty wild.

E.S.

Quick Reply: chris craft owners!

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser