Some pics of my 222 Stinger dash project

Notices

Some pics of my 222 Stinger dash project

Old 01-10-2005, 10:08 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 948 Likes on 477 Posts
Default Re: Some pics of my 222 Stinger dash project

What old parts are you refering to? the gauges that came with the boat are sold.....i have the original panels from the dash but they are scratched and the big lower panel i had to butcher a bit If you want them you can have then cause i realy have no use for them....as for the rest if any parts....i will be re-useing most of it.....atleast what i can think of. Let me knwo what you are looking for.....maybe its slipping my mind right now

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 01-26-2005, 10:24 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Ok heres an update......last pics i posted was of the dash just after my first coat of fiberglass over the durabond i used to do some minor shaping with. Since then i have added two more layers of glass and sanded. After that i put a coat of white primer on it to show all the imperfections in the dash. Thats what you see the white parts. I sanded the white smooth and the red you see is glaze i used to fill in any low spots or pin holes. I sanded that out as well. Not all the red you see in the pic is glaze....the stuff stains white real good! After i was done with the sanding with 320 grit i sprayed a coat of high build primer on it. Thats the gray you see now. I did that on Sunday night and am letting it dry. There are about 3 more little spots i need to fix before i can say the outside is done. From there i will be moving to the inside to re-inforce the dash so it doesnt crack from pounding in the water.

I do have to say though......i have built a few custom speaker box's like this for friends cars and trucks, but never anyting like this and so far its turning out better then i expected! I was worried about the angles not coming out right and all sorts of other issues i thought i would have with this, but its not bad at all. Stay tuned for more in the coming weeks as i get the boat ready for paintwork! Lets hope the weather doesnt get too cold around here cause my little heater in the garage cant keep up sometimes

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!

Last edited by Wally; 12-28-2006 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:25 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Last edited by Wally; 12-28-2006 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Some pics of my 222 Stinger dash project

Originally Posted by Wally
Ohh YEAAAH!!!! Looks great man!!!!
Old 01-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wally-
Very nice work, Keep us posted!
Old 01-26-2005, 08:31 PM
Registered

Nice job.It looks real good
Old 06-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Ok.....ive been slacking off as of late due to getting married and doing a basement renovation in the house...etc etc.....but heres an update on the dash....ITS PAINTED! YEEHAAA!! I couldnt find anyone to give me a lift with the dash to the paint shop so i did it in the driveway at home!! Funny how i'm always there to help people but when i need a favor (which is like once in a blue moon) theres no one available! They all just dropped about 5 spaces on the friend list!!!
So i went and bought some paint and put a blue tarp down on the driveway....wet it down to keep the dust away and went to town. Turned out quite good if you ask me! heres a few pics
Attached Thumbnails Some pics of my 222 Stinger dash project-ebay-008.jpg   Some pics of my 222 Stinger dash project-ebay-010.jpg   Some pics of my 222 Stinger dash project-ebay-013.jpg  

Old 06-02-2005, 03:30 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

One more of the fresh paint and one of the new gauges trial fit in the dash along with a switch panel onthe side.....
Just need a couple more coats of clear and time to bring the boat home to install it back on
Attached Thumbnails Some pics of my 222 Stinger dash project-ebay-015.jpg   Some pics of my 222 Stinger dash project-ebay-021.jpg  

Old 06-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Registered

I Specialize in Stingers Interiors if any Questions Don @ [email protected]
Old 09-03-2006, 09:05 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Hey i just got my 22 ft. Stinger Love it need more speed though about 65 now. Just wonding if any1 could help me Also i am looking ot up grade my gauges there horrable. I noticed ur dash is diffeant then my also
[email protected]

Quick Reply: Some pics of my 222 Stinger dash project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.