The Bullet Thread >

The Bullet Thread

Notices

The Bullet Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 02:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I guess no one wants to volunteer to put it together. I'll go ahead and step up to the plate. When/If each of you has a few minutes, could you please send me the following info via PM on this website? I'll put it together onto a spreadsheet with links to photos. It would be interesting to have the info in a single place to seek info or to talk to a "Bullet Buddy".

Any name you chose (real or nickname) but prefer real
email address
General boating area (ie Keys, LOTO, Hampton Roads, etc)
Phone Number (optional)
HIN number
year
power
drives
props
Speed
Mods and or upgrades
1 to 3 pics of boat (Claymates accepted)

I do not plan to put the info on this or any site, but provide each Bullet owner a copy if desired. I, for one, would like to see how close to 68 we can get! Anyone interested?

Start sending!
Old 12-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Nice looking boat. I love the classic paint lines. I'm not really keen on the paint jobs of newer boats that look like a LSD trip.

Also a beautiful backdrop behind the boat!

PM me your info
Old 12-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

TTT

OK guys....Winter is already going slow enough that the Cig forum here needs to pick up more. I've only gotten a couple of responses to the info that I was requesting from all Bullet owners. Come on and show some Bullet Spirit. Give me something to do or it's going to be one long-ass winter!

I'm still planning to make the info into a spreadsheet in an effort to complete as much of the production history of the Bullets. I plan to make it available to only Bullet owners that request it and are on in the database.

Please provide the following via pm or email:

Any name you chose (real or nickname) but prefer real
Your email address
General boating area (ie Keys, LOTO, Hampton Roads, etc)
Phone Number (optional)
HIN number
year
power
drives
props
Speed
Mods and or upgrades
1 to 3 pics of boat (Original paint and upgraded paint would be nice)
Old 12-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Residual Image
Calling a gel coat guy on Monday, got the towing situation figured out, didnt like any of the used trucks, bought an 08 chevy 3/4 ton diesel 4wd, figured that could still get me off a slick ramp, and seems to tow the boat easily. Anybody in the market for an 97 expedition or 02 jaguar s-type? putting them up this week-cheap. Livorsi got me a quote on the gauge panel and gauges, making rounds at the local marine shops, i wish i could find someone who didnt look surprised when i told them what i wanted them to work on! Were having a cold spell, so its a good time to get some maintenance and updating done on the boat, but if my wife sees the checks im gonna write for some of this stuff, i may be living in the bullet!
How's that new boat runnin' ? Been able to put much time on her ? Any luck on the gel work? That rig might have been the buy of the decade. A very nice boat.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Screamineagle
How's that new boat runnin' ? Been able to put much time on her ? Any luck on the gel work? That rig might have been the buy of the decade. A very nice boat.

Splashed the boat once since i got her, brought her in for oil change, lower unit, impellers, etc. Figured winter was starting, shouldve known better- its 74 degrees today. I promised myself i wasn't going to take her out again until the new guages are in, but i dont know if i have the willpower. Havent touched the gel coat though, engine maintenance, guages and new cabin upholstery are ahead. So far, nothing unexpected.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

You could really help some of us older Cig project boat owners by posting project pics and ballpark prices thru the winter as you get mods done and what problems you have. I wish our weather was still at 74. I'm jonesn' for a boat fix and winter has barely started! On my long list, I have new gauges and upholstery work also. Right after indicator cables, props and hopefully external steering.

You should plan a summer vacation up this way around one of our poker runs
Cigs are usually well represented, but I'm the only Bullet.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Registered

The wife has taken only a few pics of the boat since we got it, but as soon as we get the boat out of the shop ill post a few before pics. Having the oil changed in the engines [royal purple], ive never used that stuff before, but the mechanic swore by it, gear lube in the lower unit, impellers, apparently i had torn up the bearings in the water pump, so theyre putting in a new water pump, macerator pump, all the filters, and a complete "once over" its running between 1800-2000. The Livorsis with a new dash panel are going to run 2500-3000. Still waiting on an upholstery quote, I have to sell a few more houses before i can get the upholstery done!
Im planning to head to the LOTO shootout with the boat next year, might be able to get back to VA beach late summer or so. I'll post pics as the updating continues, I wish i had the time to do more of the stuff myself.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I realy liked this dash layout on my old Bullet..The monster guages are much easier to read on the fly. I had a CPS speado but would use a GPS instead if i did another.
And YES you are over 10k towing these things. A Bullet is a HUGE 31 footer...Enjoy !
Attached Thumbnails The Bullet Thread-dash640.jpg  
Old 12-24-2007, 12:27 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=WAYNOFZR;2362086]OK, I guess no one wants to volunteer to put it together. I'll go ahead and step up to the plate. When/If each of you has a few minutes, could you please send me the following info via PM on this website? I'll put it together onto a spreadsheet with links to photos. It would be interesting to have the info in a single place to seek info or to talk to a "Bullet Buddy".

How many responses have you recieved? My bullet is home now, I will pm you some trailer shots after the holidays. We can go ahead and call those the before shots.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:49 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Including mine....well, let me see.....I think I've got about......wait, I've got to count them....3 !!! Including mine!

COME ON GUYS, SEND ME THE INFO!!!!

I was hoping for more interest in this. Over the next few weeks, I plan to try and personally search this site and send out some PM's to known owner's requesting the info.

Please PM me or email me at [email protected]

Quick Reply: The Bullet Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.