Gladiator pics >

Gladiator pics

Notices

Gladiator pics

Old 08-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Gladiator pics

There sure are some sweet ones out there. Here is mine that i just picked up this summer.
Attached Thumbnails Gladiator pics-glad36.jpg   Gladiator pics-glad36-2.jpg  
Old 08-14-2006, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

dbhammer, nice ride!
Old 08-15-2006, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

thanks, your's hot too. Gladiator definatly the hottest cigarette model in production right now. Those Zul's give you any trouble yet ktron? moving away from standard power scared me too much with maintenance and reliability. I looked at the '04 listed on OSO classifieds with the 750 zul's but i just couldn't get comfortable with the motors. Have many of the Gladiator's been powered with the merc 600 sci's? How fast those run? Wonder if those new Merc 700 sci's will fit in these boats.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dbhammer
thanks, your's hot too. Gladiator definatly the hottest cigarette model in production right now. Those Zul's give you any trouble yet ktron? moving away from standard power scared me too much with maintenance and reliability. I looked at the '04 listed on OSO classifieds with the 750 zul's but i just couldn't get comfortable with the motors. Have many of the Gladiator's been powered with the merc 600 sci's? How fast those run? Wonder if those new Merc 700 sci's will fit in these boats.
Glad's rock and the staggered setup is the best. Phil has an 06' with 600sci's in it. The boat is beautiful, I think it runs 94-96 range but I am not 100% sure. Phil also mentioned he wanted to build a new Glad with the 700sci/NXT1 drive combo. That would be an insane ride.

The zuls have been great so far. They don't burn oil at all and are surprisingly good on fuel. I think they burn less gas than the 525's when you are under 3500RPM, which is a cruising speed of 60-62MPH.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ktron
the staggered setup is the best.
Having experience in both side-by-side and staggered setup Gladiators, I'm not sure that I would absolutely agree with that statement. Side-by-side and staggered both have their advantages and disadvantages. I believe my side-by-side Gladiator is balanced as well as any other Gladiator out there. My wife and I enjoy the larger cockpit with the side-by-side design. It allows us to store 2 soft-sided coolers behind the front bolsters. I do envy the ease of working in the bilge with the staggered setup. The larger engine hatch is nice too. The side-by-side tends to carry the bow a little higher in the rough water, which I actually prefer. As far as flying the boat, both fly very flat and stable. Both are absolutely great boats, it basically boils down to personal preferences regarding your boating and driving style.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jawbreakerkid
Having experience in both side-by-side and staggered setup Gladiators, I'm not sure that I would absolutely agree with that statement. Side-by-side and staggered both have their advantages and disadvantages. I believe my side-by-side Gladiator is balanced as well as any other Gladiator out there. My wife and I enjoy the larger cockpit with the side-by-side design. It allows us to store 2 soft-sided coolers behind the front bolsters. I do envy the ease of working in the bilge with the staggered setup. The larger engine hatch is nice too. The side-by-side tends to carry the bow a little higher in the rough water, which I actually prefer. As far as flying the boat, both fly very flat and stable. Both are absolutely great boats, it basically boils down to personal preferences regarding your boating and driving style.
I have to agree with you, it is preference. I have driven both with very similar power (side by side w/750 Zuls & Staggered w/775 Zuls), and once I got used to the staggered setup around the docks, I prefer it's ride at speed a little better. I think the staggered boat gets on plane a little easier with less bow lift too. They are both mint and you do get a lot more cockpit room with the side by side setup.

I remember seeing your boat at the Miami Show a few years back, At least I think its the boat. Anyway, It is a very nice Glad.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:14 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Glad's rock and the staggered setup is the best. Phil has an 06' with 600sci's in it. The boat is beautiful, I think it runs 94-96 range but I am not 100% sure. Phil also mentioned he wanted to build a new Glad with the 700sci/NXT1 drive combo. That would be an insane ride.

The zuls have been great so far. They don't burn oil at all and are surprisingly good on fuel. I think they burn less gas than the 525's when you are under 3500RPM, which is a cruising speed of 60-62MPH.
I don't know anyone (esp. Florida guys) that cruise under 70 MPH. I was thinking about either whippling my boat or winding up the engines just to run w/ them (then quickly decided reliability was more important). I can cruise at 75 MPH @ 4250 RPM's - 525 EFI's, full cabin 03' 38 T/S Gun w/ custom labbing via Philly on 4 blade bravo 32's -- cut down.

Again, prop selection is key though.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:18 PM
Registered

I have to agree with you, it is preference. I have driven both with very similar power (side by side w/750 Zuls & Staggered w/775 Zuls), and once I got used to the staggered setup around the docks, I prefer it's ride at speed a little better. I think the staggered boat gets on plane a little easier with less bow lift too. They are both mint and you do get a lot more cockpit room with the side by side setup.

I remember seeing your boat at the Miami Show a few years back, At least I think its the boat. Anyway, It is a very nice Glad.
Yes, that was the boat. Thanks for the compliments, however the paint on your boat is second to none. It is absolutely gorgeous! The Zuls are just the icing on the cake.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dbhammer
There sure are some sweet ones out there. Here is mine that i just picked up this summer.
dbhammer- beautiful boat. i had the pleasure to take a spin on it with the previous owner.
Attached Thumbnails Gladiator pics-bc1.jpg  
Old 08-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jawbreakerkid
Yes, that was the boat. Thanks for the compliments, however the paint on your boat is second to none. It is absolutely gorgeous! The Zuls are just the icing on the cake.
Thanks,
Your boat was the first Glad I had ever seen and I was in awe. Neil Hernandez and I actually crawled up into the boat while it was on it's angled stand so I could get a better look. I fell in love with the lines of the boat instantly. Have fun with it.

Quick Reply: Gladiator pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.