Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Anyone know the scoop on this Bullet? >

Anyone know the scoop on this Bullet?

Notices

Anyone know the scoop on this Bullet?

Old 07-29-2005, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone know the scoop on this Bullet?

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Got your PM.

Get the boat surveyed, make sure that they check the transom and make sure that you can get it financed and insured with engines that have the serial numbers XXX'd out. The story that I got about the engines was that they were bought from a re-man place who bought them from Merc and rebuilt them after they were replaced on a warrenty claim. Then Sterling (or some guy who works there) rebuilt one of them after a lifter failed. I called Mercury Racing yesterday to ask if they would ever XX out their serial numbers....and they said absolutely NOT!!

Like Forrest Gump would say, That's all I have to say about that. Good luck in your boat search.
'Nuff said. Thanks so much for your help. There are some good people on this board.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:22 PM

Glad I found this too.. From now own I will always ask about a boat I am looking at!!
Old 08-31-2005, 12:18 AM
Registered

Craig, you don't SERIOUSLY WANT TO GO DOWN THIS ROAD AGAIN DO YOU?

You of all people know the only problem with this boat is that YOU LOST a $1000.00 deposit because you backed out of the deal 3 days before it was finalized and I told you to go F-yourself. Due primarily to the fact that you found an older Bullet with hydraulic steering and crate motors that was approx 5-10k cheaper than mine. Of course you’ve denied it, but how strange is it that literally 2 days after you bailed on this deal you had already sealed a deal on a boat in OK and had prepared to drive cross country to bring it home. Yet every other boat you investigated took weeks of searching and researching. And what a lucky coincidence that the blowers that were on that boat happened to be removed when you saw the boat. Makes you want to say Hmmmmm.

In that you weren’t man enough to accept the financial consequences of your bad business practices, your only means of retaliation has been to TRASH THE BOAT that YOURSELF only weeks before had, BOASTED ON "HOW GREAT IT WAS" ON THESE VERY FORUMS. IT’S ALSO VERY STRANGE HOW ALL THOSE POSTS OF "HOW GREAT THE BOAT WAS" and the associated pictures literally DISAPPEARED once you realized you weren’t getting your money back. After you first saw the boat I doubt you were home an hour before you had posted pics of my boat and said how nice it was on this forum. As usual, the mindless sheep that kiss your ass chimed in on how how nice it was as well. But strangely, when you lost $1000.00 the boat, SOMEHOW became a POS overnight to you and all you’re followers, lol. Coincidence? I think not… If you’ve learned nothing else from your Government position, it’s how to spin doctor a story… I have no doubt your next career move will be in politics. You can sling BS with the best of them.

I’ve lost count of all the BS stories you’ve claimed online and caught portions of numerous others you’ve PM’d people or called about behind our back. I’ve even heard your “buddies” tell these long tales with authority as if they were with you to inspect the boat, lol. For example the motors were stolen, the boat was wet, I didn’t own the boat, etc, etc, etc. It’s ALL irrelevant. If any of that were true you NEVER WOULD HAVE GONE THAT FAR WITH THE DEAL. YOU CONSTRUCTED THE TERMS IN THE BILL OF SALE and we met ALL OF THEM. Literally weeks went by both after your inspection and after the survey. If the boat didn’t pass survey or had any of the issues you’ve created you were entitled to your MONEY. Yet, you followed through with the deal TILL THE VERY END. How strange is that? All you could site as a reason for pulling out was that:

1) The boat wasn’t washed,
2) The fuel pressure sender wires weren’t connected 3 days prior to the sale. (A 5 minute job no less.)
3) My wife doesn’t want to go through with it for some unknown reason.

In hindsight I don’t know what I was thinking. Those sound like perfectly good reasons to return your deposit. I should have returned your money and PAID YOU for the opportunity to lose a month of valuable boating time and at least 2 days of work while you pondered whether or not you really wanted the boat or not. And perhaps I should have given you a bonus for allowing me the opportunity of jumping through hoops with your finance guy who didn’t TRUST YOU with title to the boat nor have a CLUE on which states actually hold title. Let’s not forget the masterful Boat surveyor that wanted to drill a 1” hole in the transom to confirm his initial thoughts that the transom was dry. These all sound like glorious reasons….

Yet you had the audacity to ask for your deposit back. How pathetic is that???? You can spin doctor any problems you like, but the bottom line was the boat met your requirements for the sale and it PASSED THE SURVEY WITH FLYING COLORS. The boat was dry as a bone and the only problems of any significance the guy found were:

1) Poorly welded star skeg,
2) Mysterious dirty storage locker, which I’ve yet to find by the way.
3) The trailer needed to be repainted.

Thanks to your deposit, all of these repairs were made. As for the motors, you were given the opportunity to speak to the reseller that Merc sold them to, the mechanics at the dealer that originally built them and the engine builders at Sterling Performance that maintained them. As far as I know you did neither. At the time you had no issue with them. That is until you needed reasons to get back at us. For someone that purportedly wipes his butt with $100.00 bills, you seem rather attached to the $1000.00 you lost trying to back out of a deal at the last moment when you had 100’s of previous opportunities. In that you’ve had 2 boats since, don’t you think it’s time to retire your “Feel sorry for Craig Campaign”? I think your time would be better spent trying to get that heavy TG going on normally aspirated power…..

Last edited by CCPerformance; 08-31-2005 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Serial numbers, Service blocks?
A Chevy block is a Chevy Block.

We aren't talking '67 Vettes. Original blocks won't make the boat worth any more, and probably will make it worth less then if it were repowered.

Lets see...
The distributer is in the back and the exhaust ports are all evenly spaced...
Yeah, it's a BBC
Old 08-31-2005, 06:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by CCPerformance
Craig, you don't SERIOUSLY WANT TO GO DOWN THIS ROAD AGAIN DO YOU?

You of all people know the only problem with this boat is that YOU LOST a $1000.00 deposit because you backed out of the deal 3 days before it was finalized and I told you to go F-yourself. Due primarily to the fact that you found an older Bullet with hydraulic steering and crate motors that was approx 5-10k cheaper than mine. Of course you’ve denied it, but how strange is it that literally 2 days after you bailed on this deal you had already sealed a deal on a boat in OK and had prepared to drive cross country to bring it home. Yet every other boat you investigated took weeks of searching and researching. And what a lucky coincidence that the blowers that were on that boat happened to be removed when you saw the boat. Makes you want to say Hmmmmm.

In that you weren’t man enough to accept the financial consequences of your bad business practices, your only means of retaliation has been to TRASH THE BOAT that YOURSELF only weeks before had, BOASTED ON "HOW GREAT IT WAS" ON THESE VERY FORUMS. IT’S ALSO VERY STRANGE HOW ALL THOSE POSTS OF "HOW GREAT THE BOAT WAS" and the associated pictures literally DISAPPEARED once you realized you weren’t getting your money back. After you first saw the boat I doubt you were home an hour before you had posted pics of my boat and said how nice it was on this forum. As usual, the mindless sheep that kiss your ass chimed in on how how nice it was as well. But strangely, when you lost $1000.00 the boat, SOMEHOW became a POS overnight to you and all you’re followers, lol. Coincidence? I think not… If you’ve learned nothing else from your Government position, it’s how to spin doctor a story… I have no doubt your next career move will be in politics. You can sling BS with the best of them.

I’ve lost count of all the BS stories you’ve claimed online and caught portions of numerous others you’ve PM’d people or called about behind our back. I’ve even heard your “buddies” tell these long tales with authority as if they were with you to inspect the boat, lol. For example the motors were stolen, the boat was wet, I didn’t own the boat, etc, etc, etc. It’s ALL irrelevant. If any of that were true you NEVER WOULD HAVE GONE THAT FAR WITH THE DEAL. YOU CONSTRUCTED THE TERMS IN THE BILL OF SALE and we met ALL OF THEM. Literally weeks went by both after your inspection and after the survey. If the boat didn’t pass survey or had any of the issues you’ve created you were entitled to your MONEY. Yet, you followed through with the deal TILL THE VERY END. How strange is that? All you could site as a reason for pulling out was that:

1) The boat wasn’t washed,
2) The fuel pressure sender wires weren’t connected 3 days prior to the sale. (A 5 minute job no less.)
3) My wife doesn’t want to go through with it for some unknown reason.

In hindsight I don’t know what I was thinking. Those sound like perfectly good reasons to return your deposit. I should have returned your money and PAID YOU for the opportunity to lose a month of valuable boating time and at least 2 days of work while you pondered whether or not you really wanted the boat or not. And perhaps I should have given you a bonus for allowing me the opportunity of jumping through hoops with your finance guy who didn’t TRUST YOU with title to the boat nor have a CLUE on which states actually hold title. Let’s not forget the masterful Boat surveyor that wanted to drill a 1” hole in the transom to confirm his initial thoughts that the transom was dry. These all sound like glorious reasons….

Yet you had the audacity to ask for your deposit back. How pathetic is that???? You can spin doctor any problems you like, but the bottom line was the boat met your requirements for the sale and it PASSED THE SURVEY WITH FLYING COLORS. The boat was dry as a bone and the only problems of any significance the guy found were:

1) Poorly welded star skeg,
2) Mysterious dirty storage locker, which I’ve yet to find by the way.
3) The trailer needed to be repainted.

Thanks to your deposit, all of these repairs were made. As for the motors, you were given the opportunity to speak to the reseller that Merc sold them to, the mechanics at the dealer that originally built them and the engine builders at Sterling Performance that maintained them. As far as I know you did neither. At the time you had no issue with them. That is until you needed reasons to get back at us. For someone that purportedly wipes his butt with $100.00 bills, you seem rather attached to the $1000.00 you lost trying to back out of a deal at the last moment when you had 100’s of previous opportunities. In that you’ve had 2 boats since, don’t you think it’s time to retire your “Feel sorry for Craig Campaign”? I think your time would be better spent trying to get that heavy TG going on normally aspirated power…..
I see that your still not qualified for a public relations job! Maybe you should hire someone to sell that boat for you. Three and a half years is a long time......

This will be my only post in response to Sir Einstein's attempt at whatever he is trying to accomplish. I've asked no one to feel sorry for me losing $1000. In fact, I removed the thread about "Our dealings" when your friend Jason called me and asked me to. Good luck selling your boat, your smooth style should have it sold in a short period.

Here is a portion of the survey. I see no mention of a "Dry Transom"......do you???

ITEM’S NOTED:
1. The out drives are showing standard signs of electrolysis. The lower units fin at the port drive has been replaced and the starboard side is damaged.

2. A ground fault plug is needed in the head and the galley in order to meet current ABYC codes.

3. The aft cockpit bench seat and other parts of the exterior vinyl seating are starting to deteriorate and need to be replaced .

4. The transom was sounded using a wooden mallet and had signs of delamination between the engine exhausts. The transom was also measured for moisture and read 20 to 21 in that same area. This would indicate that there was a delamination between fiberglass and plywood backing. With the moisture readings would indicate that the plywood is also damp. The transom needs to be monitored to insure that the transom does not become a future structural problem.

SURVEYOR'S REMARKS

The above captioned vessel was surveyed, while in and out of the water, at Jefferson Beach Marina, St. Clair Shores, MI; with the owner present, for the purpose of hull condition and marine market value. Any systems that were not commissioned at the time of survey were inspected but not operated.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:02 AM
Registered

I Have To Agree, Boat Has Been For Sale For Three Years, Drop Your Price About 20k And Then You May Sell. Maybe. :d
Old 08-31-2005, 09:27 AM
Registered

This is a very sad and interesting story. I'm Jason the Guy that called Craig or "OldSchool" as he calls himself now.

The reason for my call had nothing to do with this boat. The reason I called was Craig was Lying about Curt the owner of the boat in question. He was calling him Shady and a dirty business man. Both Comments are not true. He then used those statements to discredit the Bullet in question. Talking about XXXX outed blocks and making it seem as though the motors might not have been legitimately purchased. For the record the motors are indeed legit.

The main reason Craig did this was he was pissed he didn't get his 1K deposit back. I say he didn't deserve to get it back. Curt fulfilled the requirements of the deal that were agreed upon when the deposit was taken including a lengthy Sea trial that I was on.

I also find it very funny that Craig was still willing to buy the boat after the survey that he now pretends caused the deal to fall through. The deal actually fell through over Registration questions by Craig's Bank. Michigan doesn't register boats that same way Craig's state does. Craig wanted Curt to sign over the title of boat without Funds and Curt Refused. Curt was simply unwilling to sign his boat over without payment.

Finally I think it sucks that people can come on this board, that number one were not there and number two with bad intension's to screw a person and can get away with it. Curt is a good friend and a good person. Maybe he should have just given Craig his 1K back and maybe this would have ended. Again I don't think Craig should have gotten it but it probably would have killed the bad blood.

That facts are the Motors are legit, the transom is "NOT WET", Craig has used his standing on this board to discredit the Boat and that not right. It's a beautiful boat and Craig loved it. This situation has nothing to do with Craig trying to be a "good OSO" member and protect potential buyers. It's about bad blood between to Adults.

Craig I called you the last time a post like this was going. I asked you Politely to stop Slandering my Friend . You promised this was over and you removed the post, which you acknowledged in one of your posts above.

For the Record I used to post as "LIGHTNINGPRO". I forgot the password for that ID and had to create a new ID.

If anyone wants to talk to me my number is 248-310-9879

Last edited by jtsrx1; 08-31-2005 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:33 AM
Registered

Yes I recall that Jason spoke to you because he was on the boat when you inspected it and test drove it. So despite what you have shared with your disciples, he knows exactly what you did and said that day. My recollection of his follow-up conversation with you was that, since you found another boat you were quite happy with, he felt you should finally suck up your loss’s and QUIT being vindictive in trying to imply that there were any problems with this boat. For a short period you did, at least on-line that is.

Now, months later you’re trashing an admittedly “beautiful Bullet” because there’s no “GFI plug” in the bathroom and the bench seat had a ripped seam????? Which you were fully aware of when you tested the boat I might ad. (FYI, the drives and seat were completely re-done thanks to you).

As for the transom, again A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF YOUR ATTEMPTED SPIN to “infer” there were any problems when there obviously were NONE. The stringers and the transom INSIDE AND OUTSIDE of the boat tested DRY. Better yet, the transom, both inside and outside from the drain plug up to the exhaust holes tested DRY. This was FURTHER CONFIRMED WHEN HE TESTED THE THRU-HULL SECTION OF THE EXHAUST. The only SOURCE OF “QUESTION” was a 6-10” section of transom THAT IS 2 FEET ABOVE THE WATER LINE!!!!! That he specifically refered to as “delamination” because he had no evidence of any moisture. Both you, the surveyor and your “Cigarette expert” acknowledged that it COULD BE SEVERAL THINGS INCLUDING , air pockets between the glass or just heavy resin in that area, NONE OF WHICH HAD ANY EVIDENCE OF MOISTURE. It’s pretty hard for water to mysteriously “jump thru” gel into the middle of a panel in a section of the boat that’s not even in the water. Further, AGAIN QUOTING YOU AND YOUR EXPERTS, “Even if there were any signs of moisture, this would be NORMAL. There’s a big difference between moisture and water-logged” None of which was the case.

The most revealing aspect of this story and your character is that WITH SURVEY IN HAND AND YOUR OWN INSPECTION of the boat YOU PROCEEDED TO THE VERY END OF THE SALE. That can only mean 2 things. You’re either a liar or mentally challenged. I’ve yet to see you fumbling with a drool cup.

As for the boat listing, just because the boat was "listed for sale" doesn't mean I was “motivated to sell it”, lol. Everything changes when the sun is shining and it's a nice boating day. Being without a boat in the summer becomes a tall order. Particularly, when I lost out on a TG deal because of your untimely exit.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by jtsrx1
This is a very sad and interesting story. I'm Jason the Guy that called Craig or "OldSchool" as he calls himself now.

The reason for my call had nothing to do with this boat. The reason I called was Craig was Lying about Curt the owner of the boat in question. He was calling him Shady and a dirty business man. Both Comments are not true. He then used those statements to discredit the Bullet in question. Talking about XXXX outed blocks and making it seem as though the motors might not have been legitimately purchased. For the record the motors are indeed legit.

The main reason Craig did this was he was pissed he didn't get his 1K deposit back. I say he didn't deserve to get it back. Curt fulfilled the requirements of the deal that were agreed upon when the deposit was taken including a lengthy Sea trial that I was on.

I also find it very funny that Craig was still willing to buy the boat after the survey that he now pretends caused the deal to fall through. The deal actually fell through over Registration questions by Craig's Bank. Michigan doesn't register boats that same way Craig's state does. Craig wanted Curt to sign over the title of boat without Funds and Curt Refused. Curt was simply unwilling to sign his boat over without payment.

Finally I think it sucks that people can come on this board, that number one were not there and number two with bad intension's to screw a person and can get away with it. Curt is a good friend and a good person. Maybe he should have just given Craig his 1K back and maybe this would have ended. Again I don't think Craig should have gotten it but it probably would have killed the bad blood.

That facts are the Motors are legit, the transom is "NOT WET", Craig has used his standing on this board to discredit the Boat and that not right. It's a beautiful boat and Craig loved it. This situation has nothing to do with Craig trying to be a "good OSO" member and protect potential buyers. It's about bad blood between to Adults.

Craig I called you the last time a post like this was going. I asked you Politely to stop Slandering my Friend . You promised this was over and you removed the post, which you acknowledged in one of your posts above.

For the Record I used to post as "LIGHTNINGPRO". I forgot the password for that ID and had to create a new ID.

If anyone wants to talk to me my number is 248-310-9879
Well, I thought that I was done posting on this one...but I guess not. Go back and read post #7 in this thread. I stated that I didn't want to talk about the boat and said that losing the grand had healed. Don't flatter yourself, I could give a flying phuck about that boat or either one of you two. I'm done with it and wish that people would quit bringing it up. It's funny, but you two are doing more damage by bringing it up. LightningPro, that's the guy who called himself Fred Burnett and got on here posting about how he was looking at the boat and was going for test rides on it. I still have those emails.

I didn't say that the engines weren't legit, I merely stated for the guy that was interested in the boat to check with finance and insurance companies. Are you saying that the serial #'s on the engines aren't XXX'ed out??? I also told him to get the transom checked for wetness. The guy who did the survey for me said it had delamination and moisture in it. It's common practice to get boats surveyed when people are interested in buying them. If a boat of that age doesn't have moisture in the transom, it hasn't been used. My Bullet that just sold had some moisture in it. The new owner was made aware of it and we worked it out. Get over it, lower the price on your boat and it should sell.

It's amazing how you two are mind readers and know what I was thinking and how I came about buying the boat that I did. The financing was in place, the insurance was in place and the boat was bought from people who had the capabilities to magically remove blowers and get it running in two days. It ran good, was a great boat for us and was a VERY good decision for us to get that boat over yours. This is all I have to say about this subject. Have a nice life.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Well, I thought that I was done posting on this one...but I guess not. Go back and read post #7 in this thread. I stated that I didn't want to talk about the boat and said that losing the grand had healed. Don't flatter yourself, I could give a flying phuck about that boat or either one of you two. I'm done with it and wish that people would quit bringing it up. It's funny, but you two are doing more damage by bringing it up. LightningPro, that's the guy who called himself Fred Burnett and got on here posting about how he was looking at the boat and was going for test rides on it. I still have those emails.

I didn't say that the engines weren't legit, I merely stated for the guy that was interested in the boat to check with finance and insurance companies. Are you saying that the serial #'s on the engines aren't XXX'ed out??? I also told him to get the transom checked for wetness. The guy who did the survey for me said it had delamination and moisture in it. It's common practice to get boats surveyed when people are interested in buying them. If a boat of that age doesn't have moisture in the transom, it hasn't been used. My Bullet that just sold had some moisture in it. The new owner was made aware of it and we worked it out. Get over it, lower the price on your boat and it should sell.

It's amazing how you two are mind readers and know what I was thinking and how I came about buying the boat that I did. The financing was in place, the insurance was in place and the boat was bought from people who had the capabilities to magically remove blowers and get it running in two days. It ran good, was a great boat for us and was a VERY good decision for us to get that boat over yours. This is all I have to say about this subject. Have a nice life.

Yes Like I said I was lightningPro. I did call myself Fred Brunett in emails to you. I was trying to get you to slander Curt So I would have a record of it. You weren't going to slander him to Jason from Detroit were you. I had to get 007 on you LOL. You were smart enough to only want to talk on the phone you wouldn't slander him in an email. You were only willing to do that over the phone.

No I'm not saying they are not X'd out. I'm just letting people know what game your playing.

I to would love to see this end. If you really wanted it to end you would have kept your mouth shut this time when your Cronies asked for you to reply to this topic. However you didn't do that, so once again Curt and I wanted to share our side of the story.

You play the nice guy so well Craig. Your always the victim.

Quick Reply: Anyone know the scoop on this Bullet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.