Bullet Question >

Bullet Question

Notices

Bullet Question

Old 11-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bullet Question

I have an 88' Bullet. It appears it is equipped with a series/parallel switch that I am sure is not working. Can anyone tell me how this was originally wired? I do have a wiring diagram, but it has been copied so many times that the area where this would show is missing. Was there a switch on the dash you pressed while cranking? Seems like it would be better and simpler to wire the switch to the "R" terminal of each starter. That way when either starter is energized, the relay would pull in, and the batteries would be swicthed to parallel. Stop cranking, and the batteries are again isolated.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:11 PM
Registered

Default Re: Bullet Question

my uncle had a 91 bullet ..i am not sure if it was original but his was wired so when you cranked the motors it paralelled the batts ...it was hooked up at the key switch on the dash from what i remember....
Old 11-13-2005, 12:20 PM
Registered

I think that if I were to wire the series/parallel switch to the start switches with a dual engine set up, cranking one engine would backfeed to the other and cause it to crank also (both cranking circuits would be tied together at a common post on the series/parallel switch). Would either have to use heavy diodes to prevent backfeed, or use the relay terminal (used to be used to bypass the ignition ballast resistor to provide full battery voltage to the ignition coil while cranking) to power the series/parallel switch. (?)
Old 11-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DORaymond
I have an 88' Bullet. Was there a switch on the dash you pressed while cranking? .
I have a 90 bullet:
one key switch and one rocker switch per engine. Turn on the key (per engine) press dash rocker switch engine lites (most the time ) and then move on to other engine after all guages say all is good.
Don't have a wiring diagram, do have an owners manual let me know if I can help. Also, by the way, I have an extra Bullet manual that I copied for a couple other OSO members, pm me if interested. Happy to ship to help if you need one.

GoCiggie
Old 11-16-2005, 07:32 PM
Registered

A relay is activated on the wall behind the bench seat when either crank rocker switch is depressed to parallel both batteries. It makes a loud thunk when engagd. In my 9'4 Bullet, one of the last made, both batteries are on port resulting in long ground cable length for starboard motor and also long (excessive) cable length to starboard starter!!!!
Old 11-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Relay is activated by 12VDC from dash switch; the activated relay merely directly connects(thru heavy gauge cable) the two positive battery terminals together....simple yet effective.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hpoffshore
Relay is activated by 12VDC from dash switch; the activated relay merely directly connects(thru heavy gauge cable) the two positive battery terminals together....simple yet effective.
If the relay (series/parallel) switch is activated DIRECTLY from the dash start/crank switches, how do you prevent both engines from cranking at the same time when either switch is pressed. Both start switches would have to be wired to a common post on the relay switch that ,when powered by one switch, would then backfeed to the other start switch (the engine you were not trying to start) and both engines would crank. The only way I see it would work is to use additional relays (if so, where were they originally) or wire the series/parallel switch to the R terminal on the starters (acts as a relay, but cannot backfeed).
Old 01-10-2006, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude, arent you an engineer?? c'mon...you can figure it out...
Old 01-10-2006, 06:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by DORaymond
If the relay (series/parallel) switch is activated DIRECTLY from the dash start/crank switches, how do you prevent both engines from cranking at the same time when either switch is pressed. Both start switches would have to be wired to a common post on the relay switch that ,when powered by one switch, would then backfeed to the other start switch (the engine you were not trying to start) and both engines would crank. The only way I see it would work is to use additional relays (if so, where were they originally) or wire the series/parallel switch to the R terminal on the starters (acts as a relay, but cannot backfeed).
PM me your address and I'll mail you the wiring diagrams for the Bullet (If I can find them! ) I think that Klaw sent them to me after Scott Smith gave them to him.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by OldSchool
PM me your address and I'll mail you the wiring diagrams for the Bullet (If I can find them! ) I think that Klaw sent them to me after Scott Smith gave them to him.
Yep it was me I still have them if you need tehm shoot me a email and I will send a fresh set

Craig are you going to be at the Miami Show if so lets get together for a adult beverage

klaw

Quick Reply: Bullet Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.