Classic Hawk Cigarettes show pics and info

Notices

Classic Hawk Cigarettes show pics and info

Old 02-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Classic Hawk Cigarettes show pics and info

Originally Posted by tomas_wallin
I work as a design engineer consultant at Scania Special vehicles, before that I worked with developing armored vehicles at www.akerskrutbruk.se.

As Mange and Jonas I'm also an admin at www.boatlife.se.

Pokerrunsaland: I'm the guy that you helped repair the broken engine bracket during the last Pokerrun.
Thanks for your help - that guy did a great job!
We where only glad to be able to help you at the "Poker Run Aland 2005". I hope that all your friends and more are back 2006 so that we become close to 100 boats!

See You!
Old 02-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pokerrunsaland.com
We where only glad to be able to help you at the "Poker Run Aland 2005". I hope that all your friends and more are back 2006 so that we become close to 100 boats!

See You!
Of course we will be back!!! We had the time of our life!
Old 02-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Poker

You own a very nice Top Gun ! The Hawk just tells that the boat got Hawk power which was very common for Cigarettes back then. It was propably an option that you could chose like a lot of other things for the boat. As for value it will in my opinion never be worth more over time like the musclecars. For every powerboat enthusiast there are 10.000 musclecar enthusiasts driving the price up. If it is kept in good condition with fresh power ect. it will always represent a value but to increase its value by 10.000$ you will propably put 20.000-30.000$ in it. Owning and running a powerboat will only cost you money if you keep the boat for a while. You can only make money by buying cheap and selling fast, if you hang on to it you will loose money in the long run. Here in Europe it is even harder to sell these boats which also drive prices down.
Just my opinion.

That said there are nothing I would rather loose money on

I hope to be able to bring my boat to your poker run sometime over the next years but it won´t be this year.
One of my friends plan on comming with his 47 Fountain if everything works out.

Great to see a few northern Europeans here !

Cigaretteman
Old 02-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cigaretteman
Poker

You own a very nice Top Gun ! The Hawk just tells that the boat got Hawk power which was very common for Cigarettes back then. It was propably an option that you could chose like a lot of other things for the boat. As for value it will in my opinion never be worth more over time like the musclecars. For every powerboat enthusiast there are 10.000 musclecar enthusiasts driving the price up. If it is kept in good condition with fresh power ect. it will always represent a value but to increase its value by 10.000$ you will propably put 20.000-30.000$ in it. Owning and running a powerboat will only cost you money if you keep the boat for a while. You can only make money by buying cheap and selling fast, if you hang on to it you will loose money in the long run. Here in Europe it is even harder to sell these boats which also drive prices down.
Just my opinion.

That said there are nothing I would rather loose money on

I hope to be able to bring my boat to your poker run sometime over the next years but it won´t be this year.
One of my friends plan on comming with his 47 Fountain if everything works out.

Great to see a few northern Europeans here !

Cigaretteman
I am not planning to make money on my Cigarette. I also know that you always loose money in the long run.

But I think it is nice to keep these older boats in original shape.

I see a trend to save classic race and powerboats that has started to take place. Correct me if I am wrong.

I try to figure out how many that was made with my option and paint. I am just interested to know. I have not seen so many at Internet at least.

You and your friends are very welcome to "Poker Run Åland 2006". Maybe you can go with your friends this year. It would be nice to meet you! Your new Cigarette looks very nice!

Last edited by pokerrunsaland.com; 02-08-2006 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pokerrunsaland.com
I am not planning to make money on my Cigarette. I also know that you always loose money in the long run.

But I think it is nice to keep these older boats in original shape.

I see a trend to save classic race and powerboats that has started to take place. Correct me if I am wrong.

I try to figure out how many that was made with my option and paint. I am just interested to know. I have not seen so many at Internet at least.

You and your friends are very welcome to "Poker Run Åland 2006". Maybe you can go with your friends this year. It would be nice to meet you! Your new Cigarette looks very nice!
I think it is great that you want to keep it original ! It is a great looking boat just the way it is ! The reason you don´t see many is that most Cigs are different. Ofcourse at that time it was the era of the straight stripe but they changed the color on the stripes and other little things. I think it will be impossible to find out how many was made with your boats options. Cigarette is the only ones that could tell but when they moved a lot of their files was left behind. Even if they have copys you will propably never get an answer out of them.

I think you are right about the raceboats but I think that with the old powerboats you will see 95 % modify them with new fancy parts to update them rather than keep them stock like when they where new.

I will try to make it to your pokerrun in 2007. We are going to Floriad for all of November for the races so I will need to work all through summer to be able to be away so long. We try to do this every other year wich makes it hard to find time for other things during the year.

Thanks for the nice comments on my Cig I am very happy with it and it runs really good ! I think it would be nice to meet you too , maby in 2007.

Cigaretteman
Old 02-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OldSchool
...now it looks like this
Look very nice and fast on the pictures!

Which engines? Hp? Speed?
Old 02-08-2006, 05:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thedonz
i know there was one around my house here in Aventura it was all white with a hawk painted towards the bow, but i haven't seen it in a while

jr mike

Would be interesting if you could check more into this boat.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Registered

VIDEOS, DOWNLOAD, UNZIP, LOOK !!

I just found these two low resolution videos taken of my Cigarette TG Hawk with my friends mobile phone.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Video000.zip (136.1 KB, 102 views)
File Type: zip
Video001.zip (228.3 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by pokerrunsaland.com; 02-08-2006 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:19 PM
I'd rather be boating!
Platinum Member

Not sure if this is a hawk or not. It was sitting outside of the Cig factory in Miami in late 1991.
Attached Thumbnails Classic Hawk Cigarettes show pics and info-cigfactory.jpg  
Old 02-10-2006, 05:15 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

That looks like Fat Boy out of Ohio, a rare bad boy.

Quick Reply: Classic Hawk Cigarettes show pics and info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.