Post 33 Cafe Open pics

Notices

Post 33 Cafe Open pics

Old 08-16-2006, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Post 33 Cafe Open pics

Originally Posted by Sean
NICE! Wonder how it runs with the Verados?

I saw the blue one in Southold this weekend... Didn't have my camera with me, but I've verified it's existence

ha ha, this is my dad's boat with his flag painted Tiger in the back ground. He just got the verado's put on this past winter and its amazing what it has done to the performance of the boat. Always felt sluggish with the 250's on it. Now i can't believe the difference, it lifts the boat right out of the water. Runs about 63 and great gas mileage too.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

you guys are all going to be surprised real soon just wait and see shhhhhhhhhh

mike
Old 08-16-2006, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

dbhammer: Very interesting information on the Verado performance difference. I think the Cigarette/Ocean Hawk hull would top out in the high 50's with the 250's -yes?

Come on with the spy pics already. It's no secret.

"The new sport-fishing boat, which is expected to make its debut at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show in October, is perhaps Braver's biggest risk yet. Until now, Cigarette has focused exclusively on powerboats, the kind made famous by the hit TV show Miami Vice.

Braver said he saw an opportunity to cater to some of Cigarette's wealthiest customers, who are likely to own not just one type of boat, but several. Two years in the making, the sport-fishing boat has enough names on a waiting list to sustain at least 24 months of production, he said.

''Our demographic is changing. Baby boomers are getting older,'' said spokeswoman Marilyn DeMartini. ``The husband might be out there ripping it up in the Cigarette, but the wife may want to go out and do something more mellow.''
Old 08-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by damdonzi
dbhammer: Very interesting information on the Verado performance difference. I think the Cigarette/Ocean Hawk hull would top out in the high 50's with the 250's -yes?

"The new sport-fishing boat, which is expected to make its debut at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show in October, is perhaps Braver's biggest risk yet. Until now, Cigarette has focused exclusively on powerboats, the kind made famous by the hit TV show Miami Vice.

Braver said he saw an opportunity to cater to some of Cigarette's wealthiest customers, who are likely to own not just one type of boat, but several. Two years in the making, the sport-fishing boat has enough names on a waiting list to sustain at least 24 months of production, he said.

''Our demographic is changing. Baby boomers are getting older,'' said spokeswoman Marilyn DeMartini. ``The husband might be out there ripping it up in the Cigarette, but the wife may want to go out and do something more mellow.''

it wasn't me

Mike
Old 08-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

only 54mph with the 250's. it was a pig.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

That's some improvement!
Old 08-22-2006, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2005 OceanHawk with the 250's and have ran 61.5 on GPS, albiet it was with the top closed and low fuel, but I had 4 adults on board. I can usually get 58-59 anytime.

Phil has built one with 250's that can get to 65. It is at a dealer in Key Largo. I saw it a couple weeks ago.

New OceanHawks can get mid to high 60's with 275 verados depending on how much stuff you put in them.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cgarrett
Cig 5
Cig 5 is at my dock now...

Saw this one yesterday here on LI.

Sad to report that despite the owner dropping some serious coin on some 275 Verados, this boat is in need of some major TLC.

It's a 99 like mine...
Attached Thumbnails Post 33 Cafe Open pics-img00129.jpg   Post 33 Cafe Open pics-img00130.jpg  
Old 08-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Registered

Post #17 is in the OSO classifieds for $10K more this week.
this one has been for sale for more than 2 years. I looked at it before I bought mine from Phil - from what I recall it has been sunk....it was in real rough shape.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Registered

Here is a photo of my 2002.
Attached Thumbnails Post 33 Cafe Open pics-img_0059.jpg   Post 33 Cafe Open pics-img_0067.jpg   Post 33 Cafe Open pics-img_0058.jpg  

Last edited by elbravo; 08-09-2008 at 08:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Post 33 Cafe Open pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.