Holy sh!t this thing is bad azz!! >

Holy sh!t this thing is bad azz!!

Notices

Holy sh!t this thing is bad azz!!

Old 07-14-2006, 02:09 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts
Default Re: Holy sh!t this thing is bad azz!!

Originally Posted by Spicy
ALERT.... ALERT .... rbr2328 said the A word!!!!!!!!!!

Rbr2328 is the "A" word.......

Actually, he is........owns the molds.........
Old 07-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 3,064 Likes on 1,000 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe
Tank,

...but, I bet he didn't get all his work done at no charge (or put in Powerboat Magazine). You ARE still the luckiest S.O.B. I know.... and I didn't even see knee pads when I was in your boat in Havasu!!!
I am lucky, it's true!
When are we running your sh!t in Florida??
Old 07-14-2006, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or go buy a 96-97 .............spend 10-15k personalizing upgrading etc.

over the life of the boat .....replace a couple drives, rebuilt engines
have interior upgraded.........and pretty soon you're at the same #
you just took a differnt path. You could just buy this, use it for 4-5
yrs sell it and lose the same money........you know you can't win

I think the boat is AWESOME.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

140k tops... rambuncious... a 94 tg w/ sixes and 900s went for 125 4 years ago...

too old s old sutphen went for 100k w/ 6s and 850s... it was a 96

there are a couple 98-00 tigers less than 200k
Old 07-15-2006, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRICK
Very nice boat. Very hard sale at the asking price.

agreed Fred
Old 07-15-2006, 08:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamer
140k tops... rambuncious... a 94 tg w/ sixes and 900s went for 125 4 years ago...

too old s old sutphen went for 100k w/ 6s and 850s... it was a 96

there are a couple 98-00 tigers less than 200k
I'm not convinced that he wont get the 195, look at 04 and 05 guns, they are in the mid to upper 200's, the only difference would be steps, OH and they dont have 6's...To have a boat of this calibre at that price would maybe not be a steal, but it would be paying a fair price for a quality boat. look at it this way, why pay 200K for a 67 corvette that was only 8-10k when new. If you guys want to steal the boat then say so, don't try to say it isnt worth it. If I remeber correctly Fred's sutphen still needed some rigging and assembly, not apples-apples. As for the tigers for less than 200K, yep, stock or mild power and xr's. As for rambunctious, you cant compare prices 4 years ago with today either, I would rather have the straight bottom and sixes than steps and xr's...just my opinion though...It is a beautiful boat.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

offshore, i just have a question. why would you rather have a straight bottom and 6s over the steps with xrs. im just asking for your opion and input. can you explain to me the deal with 6s. what is the real difference( i dont know anything about 6s) are parts more, can any merc mech. rebuild them. is there more to maintain. thanks for your help on this matter.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

If ever an older Topgun was worth that kind of money, it would be this one. However, older Topguns are not bringing that kind of money. Yes, it is certainly the best of the best and yes it is a one of a kind boat , but lets be realistic, $200k or close is most likely never going to happen ...And, I still would take a twin-step xr boat over a straight bottom boat anyday of the week ( considering that they were in the same price range.)
Old 07-15-2006, 11:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by yesrej
offshore, i just have a question. why would you rather have a straight bottom and 6s over the steps with xrs. im just asking for your opion and input. can you explain to me the deal with 6s. what is the real difference( i dont know anything about 6s) are parts more, can any merc mech. rebuild them. is there more to maintain. thanks for your help on this matter.
for me is just personal prefeerence, the step bottom debate will go on long after I am in depends. I enjoy the ride of my strraight bottom as opposed to the step bottoms I have been in. As for 6's, they are designed to take the abuse. for my tiger and my horsepower now, the xr's are fine, but bigger I would like to have more beef. I'm also sure that some people will take the steps and xr's as it adds some speed, but that is each persons own choice.
As for what Paul said about older guns bringing that kind of money, well no boat is bringing top dollar at this time as it is a buyers market. I wouldnt be surprised to see this gun go very quickly as it has the desirable things that people like. One other thing, this isnt a 92 that has a few upgraded baubles on it. It has been totally gone through.So, at least to me, its an 05.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That boat is off the hook and really looks as good as a new one.....better than alot of new ones even. Fact of the matter is that most likely he will never see close to $200K for that boat. I am not saying it isn't worth $200K, he probably has that into the boat and did a spectacular job with the boat. There are some factors though that would seriously heed the sale of this boat at that price. First is todays market sucks, 2nd is there are alot of good deals out there, 3rd is that it will be hard to finance that boat because it's older and you most likely will have to have the buyer bring in some serious cash because the bank will not see the value in this boat...they will see an older boat worth maybe $100K or whatever book value says.

You never get the money back, 99% of the time you lose alot of money when you spend alot of money on a toy to customize it. Then somebody else comes along and scoops it up for a fraction of what you have into it.

I personally would take a TS with "mild" power (Merc 575's) and XR's over a straight bottom with 6's and big power. The step bottoms Cigarettes are alot more efficient than the straight bottoms and they do fly more level. The cost of maintaining the boat with big motors is also very expensive and rebuilds are alot more often. I am saying this from experience in both types of Cigs.

Last edited by Semper Fi; 07-15-2006 at 11:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Holy sh!t this thing is bad azz!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.