Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Haulover Inlet --- IT'S AMAZING WE LIVED!!!!! >

Haulover Inlet --- IT'S AMAZING WE LIVED!!!!!

Notices

Haulover Inlet --- IT'S AMAZING WE LIVED!!!!!

Old 08-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Haulover Inlet --- IT'S AMAZING WE LIVED!!!!!

Tank, You have to own a Cigarette to really appreciate the quality of the product and how it can handle BIG water.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by otis311
Tank, You have to own a Cigarette to really appreciate the quality of the product and how it can handle BIG water.
I agree 100%. Especially when I've been in other boats in better water and had a worse time!
Old 08-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No doubt about it.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think that is mikes signature, cause we did the same think with DonzJr just a little smaller 5-7s

Dont worry your in a cig

Wild
Old 08-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild
I think that is mikes signature, cause we did the same think with DonzJr just a little smaller 5-7s

Dont worry your in a cig

Wild
.... Joe and Randy welcome to 10+ club. both of yall really know how to run a boat in big waters.....all i have to say is

THAT'S WHAT THESE BOATS ARE MADE FOR

Mike
Old 08-04-2006, 04:56 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
When did you send your gun back down to Spinnaker?

I've had similar experiences two times in the same Cigarette. It was a 93 Cafe. The first time we went out of Channel Islands harbor (California) and the swells were about 6-8's and white caps. We launched off the first swell the boat listed to the port. the hole we were dropping into was so large that the boat landing on its side! The deck lid moved! We were sure it snapped a stringer but nope, not a problem.

The other time was coming out of Ventura Harbor (Ca. again) small craft warning 6-10s BREAKING! 30mph winds. we left the harbor got into these swells and it was the first time I was scared in a boat. We all put on life vests and were seriously thinking of how we were going to get out of the boat when it listed. The waves were stacked together so deep we couldn't even turn around. Finally a break between the sets came and we turned the boat quickly and were able to head back.

Bottom line. There's only two types of performance boats I'd be in in that type of water. Cigarette is one.
I mentioned to you SoCal guys that when Tim was going down to get his boat I'd bring mine down. You guys got in-and-out too fast so we decided to make a trip of our own (too long to wait til November -- we were dying to get back to SFl & the Keys ---- so we went).

No kidding ---- I KNOW you guys can appreciate the water we were in. It's more common off your left coast than here, I understand.

You better not tell me the 2nd boat is an Outerlimits!
Old 08-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

He does ------- He's the lucky SOB who you've seen in Powerboat Magazine getting his WHOLE boat redone, including the exterior!

If tank fell in a pile of sh!t, he'd find a diamond ring that the horse once bit off of some poor lady's finger!!!!! He's the luckiest B@stard I know!!!

Not to mention he also has a tricked out truck to pull the boat (which he also got a "Smokin'" deal on I hear. Right, Tim! )

Joe
Old 08-04-2006, 05:01 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Wild

Dont worry your in a cig

Wild
I told you that you should come down with us! You'd have saved me a near life-or-death experience!!! But, I must say.... It's something I will always remember (and never repeat!).

I must say, Mike does know the waters there. He didn't miss a beat on anything (exept the near death encounter!!!)

Joe
Old 08-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by thedonz
.... Joe and Randy welcome to 10+ club.
Mike

Thanks.... but, don't you mean the 15+ club!

Oh..... wait a minute ---- I think I'm beginning to see a pattern here, Randy. I think we need to take our boy in for a vision check..... That's why we keep winding up in bigger water than anticipated!
Old 08-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

wait till mike see the LOTO water after the shootout, it is insane

CIG WATER - ok apache water also

Wild

Quick Reply: Haulover Inlet --- IT'S AMAZING WE LIVED!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.