42 x with big power

Notices

42 x with big power

Old 11-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 42 x with big power

Originally Posted by blume
Greek Lightning has a real nice boat. It is better looking in person.

That boat is beautiful. It was parked next to our 42X at SOTW along with American Muscle!!

Where is that boat?! I saw it in a few ad's.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What Type Of Mph #'s Are You Seeing In That 42 W/ 1075 ?
Old 11-29-2006, 08:19 AM
Member since the start
Charter Member

Enough 4 Play, The owner is fed up with tire kickers and wont waste his time taking dreamers for boat rides. Money talks Gary!! And you're way off.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:29 AM
45 Lip Ship / 900 Zul's
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play
A 42X will not run anywhere close to your cat speeds. I looked at one with 1075 Mercs and the tattle tale only showed 105. I would be a little embarrassed of a 1075 42X that only ran 105. That is probably why the owner will not demo the boat.
Lip ship just did a 42x with 700 mercs and it runs 104 and he did one w/850 that runs 108
Maybe that is why the owner of the one with 1075 is selling it because of the 105 mph I would have to agree with you.
I would be embarrassed to.

Rick OSG
Old 11-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GREEK LIGHTNING
Enough 4 Play, The owner is fed up with tire kickers and wont waste his time taking dreamers for boat rides. Money talks Gary!! And you're way off.
No tire kicker here. Fully capable of writing a check for the boat but would be kind of foolish to agree to any price without actually knowing how the boat performs. I have approached you 3 times to put the boat in the water and you always have some kind of silly excuse. When I inquired about your boat at Cigarette they tried to direct me towards anoter 42X from a customer that is ordering another Cigarrette. Go ahead and continue paying juice on a depreciating asset and just maybe someday you will wake up to realize you are the dreamer! Keep your boat I am not going to beg you to buy it!
Old 11-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GREEK LIGHTNING
Somebody is a little too sensitive because nowhere in my post did I reference your boat or your name! Anyway good luck finding a buyer that is capable of actually writing the check. If you would take $475k for the boat and you had an offer of $460k that you alledgedly turned down lets see at about $5000 per month between insurance and a boat payment how many months will you have to keep the boat before you realize that was a good offer. Let me answer that for you, 3.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Registered

Ok for all of you not wanting to associate a 42x with a 42 lightning lets even up the playing field. A new 47 lightning with 1075s and dry sixes. 117mph. enough said! with six person bolsters, gen, air and lots of comfort, and a new bottom design. That is more comparable to a 42x ciggy. Lake cumberland marine has the June 2006 powerboat mag cover boat in stock(I think its still 4sale?) It is by far one of the sickest fountains ever made. Same bottom as Rio Roses cat killer. Will blow the cusom paint right off of a 42x and the cabin has more hallways than a elementary school!
Old 11-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Registered

Oh by the way Tazz Ive never been in a 42 or 47 at speed that has ever chinewalked. Wildwarrior the 42 or 47 lightnings will accomplish what you are looking for. Lots of speed which can't be denied by anyone on this board and lots of comfort. The 47 should go on your lift nicely as we all know it is only a 42ft boat. It is certainly worth researching. Good luck to you.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by runafever
Oh by the way Tazz Ive never been in a 42 or 47 at speed that has ever chinewalked. Wildwarrior the 42 or 47 lightnings will accomplish what you are looking for. Lots of speed which can't be denied by anyone on this board and lots of comfort. The 47 should go on your lift nicely as we all know it is only a 42ft boat. It is certainly worth researching. Good luck to you.
....Yeah, but he wants a boat that'll last more than one season before falling apart!!!! Hey...don't shoot the messenger here, I remember hearing/seeing Love Muscle (whom I don't personally know) say it live, on TV while they were being interviewed! Oopse!

Joe

(all in good fun!)
Old 11-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Registered

Please! You race a boat long and hard enough somethings gonna break. How many Ciggys in oss/sbi: Ohhhhhhh! Joe I have been looking at the pics of your new Cig on here that thing is Sick!

Quick Reply: 42 x with big power

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.