Notices

new cig buyer

Old 10-26-2006, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: new cig buyer

Originally Posted by pkspx
does she come with the boat?

All you PQ guys are getting out and buying Cigs... Got to be something here. I was looking more into the Fountains because I hear they are all topspeed and thats mainly what I am looking for.

Im after a rough water boat, the Fountians I know of are fast but not a very dry boat in rough water.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:06 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by powerquest 380
Im after a rough water boat, the Fountians I know of are fast but not a very dry boat in rough water.
No so. My buddy has a '05 Fountain Executioner (35') and it rides almost as good as my TG and it is a dry boat. I have never been a fan of Fountains until he got the Ex. It was a pleasant surprise. I still don't care for the styling or ergonomics - but that is personal preference.

pkspx,
A Fountain is a nice boat. But a Cig is worth the wait if you have to save up. I know a few guys that recently upgraded to a TG. All were a little skeptical about spending that much money. But after they've had it a season, ALL said it was the best boating decision they've ever made.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 10-26-2006, 08:31 AM
Registered

Exclamation Re: new cig buyer

Come on Bill,everyone here knows a 35 Fountain is really a 32 and rides good for a 32,but no way does it compare to a TG.I had a 38 Fountain 2yrs ago and it would not run with my buddies TG in bad water,in fact,it was all it could do to stay with a 36 Baja.Other than a Nortech,which I have owned,nothing rides like a TG,I currently own an 01. Buy a TG,the resale is the best in performance boats,you wont be dissapointed.In my humble opinion of course.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know I'm thread hijacking haha but I know my next boat will have to have max top end with the ability to ride in rough Lake Erie waters. The PQ seems to do a pretty damn good job with 2-3's. I don't understand how Fountains wouldn't be able to handle rough water since I thought they are built for offshore racing anyways?
Old 10-26-2006, 10:55 AM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's not that Fountains can't handle the rough water. It is all about the comfort of the ride. You have to ride in both boats on the same day in the same water conditions to really understand. Old Cigs cut the water where as Fountains ride accross the tops of the waves.

Mark
Old 10-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pkspx
does she come with the boat?

All you PQ guys are getting out and buying Cigs... Got to be something here. I was looking more into the Fountains because I hear they are all topspeed and thats mainly what I am looking for.
Here's a tip- there's always someone else out there with something shinier, newer, prettier, flashier, but ESPECIALLY, faster.
Another thing, the faster it is, the harder and more expensive it is to insure. You got deep pockets, go buy a really fast boat. While you're at it, buy a cat.

Perfectmix, stop down next spring and we'll spend a day out on the water with the Crazy Horse. You can play as hard as you want. No strings attached. That's how Mr Cig and his wife got us interested in the Cigarettes.
Attached Thumbnails new cig buyer-diversey-cops-run.jpg  

Last edited by Crazyhorse; 10-28-2006 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild
can be had in two weeks after the key west run
you will not find one cleaner or faster for the power - reliable -
Randy Wild 314-420-2619
randy's boat would be a good one. it looks great and is very very nice. we were at lip ships last winter running around the bay with phil in our gun. and randy has with us in his.
todd
Old 10-26-2006, 07:15 PM
Registered

hmmm
Attached Thumbnails new cig buyer-crazyhorse3-copy.jpg   new cig buyer-cig-2-small-.jpg   new cig buyer-cpc-air-1-large-.jpg  

Old 10-26-2006, 07:40 PM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Originally Posted by powerquest 380
I just sold my 38 Powerquest and Im thinking about a Top Gun or Cafe racer. I boat in Lake Mi and its rough most all the time, and the cig guys love rough water, so give me the info on Cigs. I like em but dont know that much about them.
Where is your boat? I am at the Wharf. If you need help finding a nice Cig, to us at the Wharf!
Old 10-26-2006, 10:22 PM
JC
Registered

Originally Posted by Wild
can be had in two weeks after the key west run
you will not find one cleaner or faster for the power - reliable -
Randy Wild 314-420-2619

Can you give me a headsup on who made yoiu cover.
Do you get alot of slapping when towing?

Quick Reply: new cig buyer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.