Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
38 Top Gun resto >

38 Top Gun resto

Notices

38 Top Gun resto

Old 06-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not sure whether a sonic tomograph shows reliable results concerning the evidence of smallest cracks in a such a hull after a fire. May be one of the members or aquaintances of members or the OSO staff heard or read something about the use for such a boat. The method is in use i.e. for tree evaluation. If the method is reliable for boat evaluation and a result after the survey by a tomograph declares the boat safe you dont need to worry about the state your boat is in after the finish.

http://www.enspec.com/articles/1/article1.htm
Old 06-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Hurley
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ducktail
I am not sure whether a sonic tomograph shows reliable results concerning the evidence of smallest cracks in a such a hull after a fire. May be one of the members or aquaintances of members or the OSO staff heard or read something about the use for such a boat. The method is in use i.e. for tree evaluation. If the method is reliable for boat evaluation and a result after the survey by a tomograph declares the boat safe you dont need to worry about the state your boat is in after the finish.

http://www.enspec.com/articles/1/article1.htm

Are you talking about the stringers and transom? How would this process be used to determine fiberglass structural integrity? I'm scratching my head on this one.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by hurleyr
Are you talking about the stringers and transom? How would this process be used to determine fiberglass structural integrity? I'm scratching my head on this one.
Hey, you'r boat done!?

Run that focker out to Santa Cruz with us on July 5th. Staying over night with 8-10 other boats including some nice cruisers. BRING IT!
Old 06-27-2008, 10:12 PM
Registered

i don't want to rain on your parade,and i wish you good luck,o the trailer looks top notch
Old 06-28-2008, 02:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by hurleyr
How would this process be used to determine fiberglass structural integrity? I'm scratching my head on this one.
Whether the method is reliable for a fiberglass structur is exactly what I dont know, just asking, perhaps some parts of the boat are not detectable with that method... Maybe somebody here heard about a try with this method.. just curious.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Hurley
Gold Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
Hey, you'r boat done!?

Run that focker out to Santa Cruz with us on July 5th. Staying over night with 8-10 other boats including some nice cruisers. BRING IT!
Its a long story. Damn near cut my hand off modifying my tail pipes. What a dope! Put me behind a few more weeks. My arm is healing up now. Should be 100% soon. Plans are to get the rest of my exhaust on this weekend. After that, I'm ready to start testing and fine tuning.

I saw your thread on the Santa Cruz run. Its killing me not having this beast in the water yet, but I dont want to rush anything. It won't be long my brotha!
Old 07-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Registered

PEOPLE ON LUDES SHOULD NOT DRIVE , OR USE POWER TOOLS. SPICOLI
Old 07-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Hurley
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BAD ENOUGH
PEOPLE ON LUDES SHOULD NOT DRIVE , OR USE POWER TOOLS. SPICOLI
Hey Travis,
I figured you could relate with your welding background. I cut my arm with one of those super skinny grinder wheels. It was about 1/16" spinning really fast on an angle grinder. They cut like butter just not very forgiving when you mess up. My high dollar stainless/polished exhaust fell out of the vise after I cut it and like a dummy my reaction was to reach over and grab it before it fell to the floor. I caught it but forgot about the wheel still spinning. I had to have a tendon stitched back together.

Doctor said I can't rotate my wrist up and down for a while. Good thing it happened to my left hand.

Get any measurements yet??
Old 11-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Registered

Travis,
How is it coming along ?
Old 06-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Registered

Default big progress today

Today a friend and I removed the top half of the gun .Next sunday the port side is set to be repaired . Things should start rolling now. The cabin structures will be cleaned and painted and then reupholstered. I will post new pix everystep we do.
Attached Thumbnails 38 Top Gun resto-top-gun-060709-005.jpg   38 Top Gun resto-top-gun-060709-012.jpg   38 Top Gun resto-top-gun-060709-015.jpg  

38 Top Gun resto-top-gun-060709-017.jpg   38 Top Gun resto-top-gun-060709-018.jpg  

Quick Reply: 38 Top Gun resto

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.