To finish or not to finish..... >

To finish or not to finish.....

Notices

To finish or not to finish.....

Old 11-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default To finish or not to finish.....

Ah the headaches. This is not intended as and advertisement, as we payed for one already in the classifieds. Anyways, the 42 cig is almost done after over two years of restoration but it is just too much. Father wants the boat gone. We have dyno time triple 850s, fresh gelcoat, every piece of interior, gagues, stereo, etc is new. The transom assemblies, outdrives, are all new. We have spent soo much time, but need to boat gone. All that needs to be done is to cut and install the brand new custom stainless marine 5 in exhausts, which is kinda complex as it has to exit side of boat, and then a lotttt of tuning. Do you think we could sell the boat as is with this little bit of work and tunning still left to be completed? We have spent soo much time and money on the boat and are willing to take a hit, but would selling it before completed be near impossible? We figure it will cost a few more grand to get the boat complete and make sure everything it working right, and then weeks of getting it running perfect. If we were to sell it prior to completion, how much of a discount would you recommend over the price it would bring completed and running? Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: To finish or not to finish.....

My personal opinion is that if your that close to finishing it go ahead and complete it. If you don't you are limiting your potential customer base and possibly sitting on it longer.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

why would you sell it now ? You've been working hard and for a long time on that thing!
Old 11-26-2006, 08:06 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TRICK
Finish it.
Absolutely!
Old 11-26-2006, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

been there, done that...

finish it...

you're going to take a bath no matter what, but if you try to sell it unfinished, it'll be worse.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is MUCH easier to sell a finished boat!
Old 11-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Boat won't pull 50K unfinished. If it runs, looks good and is turn key you just interested a whole lot more people. You need to find a Revo nut to buy it since you can buy a nice turn key 42 Tiger, (years newer therefore financeable) for less $$.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

375Stinger, I agree with everyone else. Finish the boat. However if you are trying to sell it, you will have a hard time selling that boat even finished for 169,000. I am in the market for a $130-150K Cigarette so I have been looking at boats pretty hard over the last few months. There are a lot of 38-42 Cigarettes out there that are newer than yours and will run as fast as yours on a lot less HP, which means alot less upkeep. Don't get me wrong your boat looks awesome and I would be proud to own it especially if I restored it. It is just an odd model with unfortunately outdated technology,weight and performance.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Registered

thanks for the responses. The 169 number is obviously higher then we would ever expect to get out of it, and are really just trying to see if anyone is interested in the boat period. It would be gone in a heartbeat right now at 150, but don't want to go much lower or we might as well piece everything out, considering all three motors and drives,etc. are brand new or just dyno time. I guess we have no choice but to finish her up.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

I'm confused. I thought that the boat was ready to go with almost 3000 HP and Bravo1's last spring and your Dad was just waiting on the tailpipes for the headers.

What happened????

Not trying to be a downer, but...given the state of the used perf. boat market.....Your Dad will be hard pressed to get 100K for that boat. It really doesn't matter how much $$$ has been put into it. Just my opinion.

Craig

Quick Reply: To finish or not to finish.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.