Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
2003 gladiator seems like a helluva deal !! >

2003 gladiator seems like a helluva deal !!

Notices

2003 gladiator seems like a helluva deal !!

Old 12-04-2006, 12:16 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 2003 gladiator seems like a helluva deal !!

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Info based on your OSO classified. Sorry if I offended the OSO HQ by reading the original date added on the ads with the last updated date just below it indicating the amount of people that have looked at the boat ad and how long it has been for sale. ASG's boat had the incident in its history that Cashbar mentioned which I had not mentioned in my earlier post since I didn't want to bash the boat. I also didn't want to start a war with posting links to every overpriced boat in the OSO classifed since that is a personal attack on the boat/ owner so I left it too generalizations. Several boats in the OSO classified have been listed for quite a while with no sales on the horizon with winter setting in. Blume (oso advertiser) is selling boats and a few posts have popped up that he is selling boats with lower asking prices than private owners are asking for similar boats, a 04 42 Lightning from Texas comes to mind. Blume is putting real prices with the boats and then they sell. Berns29 did this as well with his boat.
The OSO boat is still sitting at OSO HQ, at a giveaway price the guy could not come up with the money. Anyone can give away boats. Remember it is not always the price of the boats that causes the sale, sometimes its the economy. Remember this summer they said due to gas prices in some cases boat usage was down 50%. For sure what effected ASG's sale was not price it was no paint and the history of the boat.

Remember people come on here and read and believe all that they read so lets remain experts in the fields we are experts in. BTW, salesman are always selling boats, the economy is always great, and in fact sometimes the salesman is the private boat owners worst enemy. The saleman always wants the seller to think that the boat is overpriced so they will drop their pants and bring them the easy give away deal. Boats of the same year and equipment as ASG's sold for 225-240 this past summer. They had paint and no history.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is the resale value ( Re: Blumes realistic prices)! Real prices not inflated, unrealistic, out of the book, I think my boat is worth more price. Fair pricing just pisses off the jokesters that think their chit is worth more. Don't blame the people that are fair, blame yourself for not being a better negotiater when you bought your boat.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

BTW, salesman are always selling boats, the economy is always great, and in fact sometimes the salesman is the private boat owners worst enemy..

broker "x" called me and said he had a great deal my boat plus 90k for asg's gun

plus if they have a customer they take them to where they know they get a phet comission... u dont pay they steer customers away
Old 12-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,074 Likes on 283 Posts

Bob this summer I need my first ride in a gladiator. lol
Old 12-08-2006, 08:37 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by runafever
That is the resale value ( Re: Blumes realistic prices)! Real prices not inflated, unrealistic, out of the book, I think my boat is worth more price. Fair pricing just pisses off the jokesters that think their chit is worth more. Don't blame the people that are fair, blame yourself for not being a better negotiater when you bought your boat.
first off, blumes prices are unrealistic, not reality, he is still askin 400 plus for the top gun with bg hp and 6's, yet on the owner of the boats site, they have it in the high 3's..he is a broker, and from national marine at that...
Old 12-11-2006, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
first off, blumes prices are unrealistic, not reality, he is still askin 400 plus for the top gun with bg hp and 6's, yet on the owner of the boats site, they have it in the high 3's..he is a broker, and from national marine at that...
He can only ask what the owner wants but I did find another boat that reflects a lower price with Blume:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-13356.html
389K with Blume or 425K at Lipship- same boat.

I don't know Blume but his prices are lower in general than others and he tends to print SOLD thanks OSO on a lot of his listings.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: 2003 gladiator seems like a helluva deal !!

Originally Posted by 2112
They are 605 inch naturally aspirated 429/460s using factory SVO blocks, cranks, heads etc.

All the stainless is getting repolished but here are a couple pics from a while back (during mock up #2) when I was working with Randy at Stellings
2112, I'm definitely not a Ford guy but I'm all about originality and standing out from the crowd. Your boat is tops in both of those categories. Powertrain and paint are outstanding.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
They all seem to depreciate pretty fast in the first couple of years . Seems to me that after the first couple of years the Gun seems to slow way down and maintain a pretty good value, especially the T/S Guns. As mentioned before there are always cases of people selling below market value for various reasons or boats that are turds and in poor condition that shouldn't reflect the actual market value.
At last someone has come up with the answer! Thay ALL take that initial hit in the first 3 - 5 years. BUT, once they begin to level off, Top Guns far and away retain a higher resale for a longer period of time. Name recognition factors big into the equation also. You never hear someone around the dock say, "That's one of them Fountain boats". Nah, it's more like when someone wants a Cola but they ask for a "Coke". They will always be known as "Cigarette" boats.