20' cigs, who has them?

Notices

20' cigs, who has them?

Old 02-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Re: 20' cigs, who has them?

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I have checked it out great site and pics, I'll have pics tomorrow when I pick it up. Mine will be done all custom(no return to normal) like Ricks, his was the inspiration for it. I have my eye on a 525 whipple motor and ITS transom with xr. All of the pics i see of them riding they are way stern heavy, hopefully by putting the drive back about 8-10 more inches we can get a better cog while under way to help balance out the high hp. mine sat in a yard by the woods for 13 years and was covered but the transom is shot, which is fine as Dave wants to redo it and make it stronger. The ITS will keep the transom clean and it will have 280 tabs instead of the 380. Like Rick's there is no rush for it and I'm figuring a year to 18 months to have it done right. I'm also doing it on a budget and will buy the best stuff, but not break the bank all at once. Once it gets under way I'm sure dave will have a thread with pics either here or in the fiberglass section.

Offshoredrillin,

I saw your post and had to comment. I am currently redoing a 1982 20 Cigarette with some of the same ideas you have. I just had the transom completely redone and moving to the bottom next to make sure it's straight and re-gelcoat. I have picked up a used ITS for mine also. I was thinking along the same lines with the much cleaner look in the back. I am probably going with N/A power, maybe a merc 525 EFI or possibly a Zul. Anyway, I wish you the best with your project. Hopefully next summer we can all meet at the 20 run.

DK
Old 02-01-2007, 06:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by ktron
Offshoredrillin,

I saw your post and had to comment. I am currently redoing a 1982 20 Cigarette with some of the same ideas you have. I just had the transom completely redone and moving to the bottom next to make sure it's straight and re-gelcoat. I have picked up a used ITS for mine also. I was thinking along the same lines with the much cleaner look in the back. I am probably going with N/A power, maybe a merc 525 EFI or possibly a Zul. Anyway, I wish you the best with your project. Hopefully next summer we can all meet at the 20 run.

DK
Thats awesome. I was going to get a 525 whipple, but JC can build me a 750 NA for tons less and be dead on reliable. give me a call 410-746-0020 i have a couple ideas for the bottom that will help with the speed and I will talk to Dave about this weekend when i take my Tiger to Toledo. with the ITS we will be changing the C.o.G. and these boats werent designed for the speeds we want to go. I'm thinkin about bringing the bottom strake all the way back and reducing some of the pad so it wont be so squirelly...Rob
Old 02-03-2007, 07:38 PM
45 Lip Ship / 900 Zul's
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CMC
You guys have to know that this hull was never ment for that horsepower. Its nice that you can afford that kind of $$$$$, but you are wasting your money. Why do you think that the original ads for the 20 Cig rated it at 60 MPH. The added HP that will take you above 70 MPH makes that hull crazy. Just food for thought !
cmc My LIL MAX runs and it is not crazy at all

Rick OSG
Attached Thumbnails 20' cigs, who has them?-lil-max-large-.jpg  
Old 02-04-2007, 01:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by ONESICKGLADIATOR
cmc My LIL MAX runs and it is not crazy at all

Rick OSG
We lost our posts rick, and thanks for posting the pic and getting us all started., Cant wait till we can all run them together. Maybe we can get a run here on the Chesapeake bay
Old 02-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should have bought this and wonder who did. It was the one in Oregon for sale about 2years ago!
Attached Thumbnails 20' cigs, who has them?-untitled4.bmp  
Old 02-06-2007, 08:17 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean
define "trashed"

i got one that i would classify as a "project"
Sean - Are you selling the 20'? Please let me know. Thanks, Barry

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 02-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by O.C.Barry
Sean - Are you selling the 20'? Please let me know. Thanks, Barry
i'll let you know...but don't hold your breath
Old 02-11-2007, 09:35 PM
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Flyby...... I suggest you switch to the Decaf
Old 02-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default 20 Cig

In a new twist I bought a 28 Cigarette project, so I may sell my 20' Cigaette if anyone is interested.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 02-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by O.C.Barry
In a new twist I bought a 28 Cigarette project, so I may sell my 20' Cigaette if anyone is interested.

pics?

Quick Reply: 20' cigs, who has them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.