swim step recoated >

swim step recoated

Notices

swim step recoated

Old 02-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swim step recoated

ok folks, attached is a photo of my ride and i'm recoating a swim step i just got for her. how do you all think i should desisn it, all white, color match a stripe from the boat, do a fade with the boat colors, what? any new ideas and photos would be great, i wanta do it right and sweet the first time. show me what you've got!

thanks
robert

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/page-6742.html

(SHE IS GETTING NEW POWER THANKS TO FAMERS INSURANCE AND A FEW EXTRA BUCKS JUST FOR FUN, THANKS FARMERS )(SHE SHOULD BE AVAILIBLE AT THE DESERT STORM POKER RUN, END OF MARCH ON HAVASU) ***1993 CIGARETTE TOP GUN 38'*** 570 HP 502's have been built buy joey griffin and should make her a low 70's mph ride, have the dyno sheets, trs drives, lots of stuff rebuilt or replaced, fresh water only boat with fresh water flush system, fume detector and built in fire system, k-planes hydraulic trim tabs with trim indicators, s/s 3 blade props and a set whatever we figure out to get her the best performance, new cockpit interior-engine hatch-and cockpit cover, full cabin with electric head never used-sink-pressure water system with fresh water holding tank-built in huge ice box cooler-wet bar-dinette-closet-new light gray snap in carpet-and tons of storage, all of witch is in like new shape. have all manuals, papers from cigarette, and reciepts. we'll have to talk about the price after i have the time to figure out what she'll go for now!!! contact ROBERT at 1-702-683-7656 or [email protected]
or [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails swim step recoated-dsc01411rs2.jpg   swim step recoated-dsc01411.jpg   swim step recoated-10.jpg  

Last edited by grimmy; 02-12-2007 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

You could go with any of the three colors. If it was me, I would probably paint the transom the majenta color and do the swim platform to match . ( I like the purple better, but since the majenta color is touching the transom, it would probably look and flow better.)

Last edited by pm203; 02-12-2007 at 10:41 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pm203
You could go with any of the three colors. If it was me, I would probably paint the transom the majenta color and do the swim platform to match . ( I like the purple better, but since the majenta color is touching the transom, it would probably look and flow better.)

thats a good one, i didn't think of that yet.

thanks bro
Old 02-13-2007, 07:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

i would have it done white, leave the transom white as it would make the boat appear longer, also darker colors absorb heat. if you're going to paint it just have the graphics done on the top. however if you paint and then clear, it will cover some of the stuff on top for traction and make it more slippery. ouch, yes I know from experience
congrats on getting everything done and the new power.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

A white swim platform, like a white transom ia always dirty from the exhaust. And, they are a ***** to clean. Also, most of these platforms have the non-skid on them. Paint it any color but white and match the transom and you will be pleased with the results.

Last edited by pm203; 02-13-2007 at 09:19 AM.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

A white swim platform, like a white transom ia always dirty from the exhaust. And, they are a ***** to clean. Also, most of these platforms have the non-skid on them. Paint it any color but white and match the transom and you will be pleased with the results.
that was my point, if you paint and clear over the non skid, it's not non skid anymore. my bright orange swim platform gets a very minute amount of soot on it and the white transom does either. I just wipe mine at the end of every weekend with soap and water, never a problem to clean.
Attached Thumbnails swim step recoated-goat-012.jpg   swim step recoated-dsc00461.jpg  
Old 02-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
that was my point, if you paint and clear over the non skid, it's not non skid anymore. my bright orange swim platform gets a very minute amount of soot on it and the white transom does either. I just wipe mine at the end of every weekend with soap and water, never a problem to clean.
nice ride, and thanks for your input. i think i may take my colors and do something like you did.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Registered

try "westley's bleache-wite" whitewall tire cleaner from the automotive section at walmart, can't beet it, it wipes right off. good luck, try it, it works.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by grimmy
try "westley's bleache-wite" whitewall tire cleaner from the automotive section at walmart, can't beet it, it wipes right off. good luck, try it, it works.
Thanks for the tip. However, I don,t think I would use that on a painted surface. And, I woud not use it on gelcoat too often.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Registered

show me what you guys got? i need to come up with something in a few days, show me photos of your swim steps, please?