Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by omerta one
Nice Ride ! What kind of power?
1000hp #6
Attached Thumbnails Runnin With the Devil 38 TopGun-scater-069-small-.jpg  
Old 06-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

1 bad azz ride....I saw it in Cali a few years ago...Enjoy it.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tony, I have a 1999 33' AVS Scarab. Boat was cool, but didnt handle the water like the Cigarette does. The Scarab was faster though, it has a pair of 1000hp motors as well, ProCharged instead of Root style blowers. It ran 114mph at the Budwieser shoot out. I think the upgrade will be work loosing a few mph though. I had RWD at 92mph last weekend, but Im still getting use to running it. I not one to just jump into a machine like that and push it all the way to the limit. Hopefully it will peak somewere in the high 90's during good conditions.

That would be very generous if you could post those pick of RWD during assembly. I would greatly appreciate that. Im going to enter in the Poker-Run this weekend at Frankie and Louies. If you down stop by and say hi. Thanks again

Chris Closterman
Old 06-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hey I saw your boat at the lake last weekend. Are you keeping it right there by Tom's Gas Hole??? Looks like a great running boat. Are the sixes wet or dry??
Old 06-07-2007, 07:00 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris,
I will definitely post those pics. for you.
I remember your 33' Scarab, look here:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ght=scarab+avs
Regards,
Tony
Old 06-08-2007, 06:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by crclosterman
Tony, I have a 1999 33' AVS Scarab. Boat was cool, but didnt handle the water like the Cigarette does. The Scarab was faster though, it has a pair of 1000hp motors as well, ProCharged instead of Root style blowers. It ran 114mph at the Budwieser shoot out. I think the upgrade will be work loosing a few mph though. I had RWD at 92mph last weekend, but Im still getting use to running it. I not one to just jump into a machine like that and push it all the way to the limit. Hopefully it will peak somewere in the high 90's during good conditions.

That would be very generous if you could post those pick of RWD during assembly. I would greatly appreciate that. Im going to enter in the Poker-Run this weekend at Frankie and Louies. If you down stop by and say hi. Thanks again

Chris Closterman
Congrats on the boat!! You should see in the low 100's with that power. Take your time and you will find that it's a very predictable boat that will require you to drive it. This will be my third season with my boat and I'm still getting used to it....but the first year it had monster power (1240's) and the drives were spinning in. It's much more manageable now with the V-6's and the drives spinning out!

Even with the drives (props) spinning out, it still doesn't react like a Bravo boat while docking....just takes a little longer to get around.

Last edited by OldSchool; 06-08-2007 at 06:58 AM.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Registered

Tony, sort of sad that people still dont know what there talking about when its comes to power boating. Guarantee I could go get that boat again and I promise smoke any fountain or cigarette on LOTO. If people want to run there mouths about that boat all they have to do is enter in the bud shoot out and outrun it. Ive never seen any faster V-bottom (pleasure boat). Ninety is fast, 100 is fast, but 114 is almost scary fast. Just a lot of punks that dont know what there talking about running there mouths on that thread. Talks cheap, but it takes money to buy wisky
Old 06-08-2007, 12:36 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crclosterman
Tony, sort of sad that people still dont know what there talking about when its comes to power boating. Guarantee I could go get that boat again and I promise smoke any fountain or cigarette on LOTO. If people want to run there mouths about that boat all they have to do is enter in the bud shoot out and outrun it. Ive never seen any faster V-bottom (pleasure boat). Ninety is fast, 100 is fast, but 114 is almost scary fast. Just a lot of punks that dont know what there talking about running there mouths on that thread. Talks cheap, but it takes money to buy wisky
Chris,
I know what you are saying, however I must admit that is a very strong statement about outrunning any Fountain or Cigarette. There are so many different variables that come into play with these boats running the speeds that they do. Regardless, I look forward to seeing RWD in person again and wish you guys a safe weekend on the F&L run...
Regards,
Tony
Old 06-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Talks cheap, but it takes money to buy wisky[/QUOTE]

Funny! Can't wait to see you on the lake in RWD.