1988 Cig Top Gun on Craigslist

Notices

1988 Cig Top Gun on Craigslist

Old 09-24-2007, 03:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1988 Cig Top Gun on Craigslist

This was posted in another forum, but figured I'd make one just for it. This seems a bit inexpensive. Anyone know this boat? Seems like it must have some issues. Am I wrong?

http://cnj.craigslist.org/boa/421390519.html
Old 09-24-2007, 03:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its one of those deals where if it sounds to good to be true it probably is,,,,,,but,,,,,,if it is true.....thats a steal!!

Someone needs to check it out..
Old 09-24-2007, 03:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 29scarab
Its one of those deals where if it sounds to good to be true it probably is,,,,,,but,,,,,,if it is true.....thats a steal!!

Someone needs to check it out..
Agreed. I'd have to think that SOMEONE on here has seen this boat before. Saltwater corrosion could be an issue.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Registered

Keytime ... I'm in Jersey need someone to check it out? Just called the number ... no answer.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Long shot for me considering the distance involved. I'd think that someone closer would be interested in it. I did get this back when I emailed about it:

"It is a true cigarette and 100% operational, the interior has seen better days though, and the owner has replaced this boat with a 2003 cigarette. he is paying storage on this boat as well as all the expenses on his new boat. he is a motivated seller."

If it were closer, I'd seriously consider it. However, if someone does go look at it, I'd definitely love to hear all about it.

Last edited by Keytime; 09-24-2007 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone has to live close to that thing.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:39 AM
Registered

I'm going today around luch time. I will report back to all that are interested. If theres anything you want me to look for please let me know ?
Old 09-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm curious of general condition mechanically and cosmetically. If that boat is mechanically solid (engines, drives, and hull), I'd have to think that's a very good price for it.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Registered

Saw the Top Gun today, and I have to report back. Its ok It needs to be overhauled. motors drives gimbles tabs ect. Interior also needs alot of TLC Dash faded ect. Not sure if it even runs Two differant builders on the motors. things like that. Is it a good buy? Can't say "Buyer Beware" would'nt want to stear anyone in the wrong direction. I would buy it. But Ive been stiffed many times. Thats about all I can say about this boat. Any other info I think of I will post. Good Luck!
Old 09-25-2007, 02:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by 31Sunsport
Saw the Top Gun today, and I have to report back. Its ok It needs to be overhauled. motors drives gimbles tabs ect. Interior also needs alot of TLC Dash faded ect. Not sure if it even runs Two differant builders on the motors. things like that. Is it a good buy? Can't say "Buyer Beware" would'nt want to stear anyone in the wrong direction. I would buy it. But Ive been stiffed many times. Thats about all I can say about this boat. Any other info I think of I will post. Good Luck!
I think we all knew that the report was going to be somewhat "realistic" - if it is too good to be true.....

Quick Reply: 1988 Cig Top Gun on Craigslist

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.