Another Lip-ship Top Gun >

Another Lip-ship Top Gun

Notices

Another Lip-ship Top Gun

Old 10-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by dnebo
Last time I drove the boat on the LEOPA fall poker run 7 people 1/2 tank of fuel maybe. ( 92MPH )

At that time I did not have a GPS speedo. But I do not think I was that far off, we will see.
Thanks for the reply!

How fast does yours run chock full of fuel?

Man, Phil did a hell of a job. Enjoy it
Old 10-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Full of fuel I know it will run 91, 92 any day of the week.
Within reason fo corse, water conditions.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Registered

another before and after
Attached Thumbnails Another Lip-ship Top Gun-new1.jpg   Another Lip-ship Top Gun-dscn1504.jpg  
Old 10-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Registered

looks real good
Old 10-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Registered

Now I have a hatch and a mold that fit the 38 Top Gun’s.

I will post pictures of the hatch and the fit of this hatch.
Attached Thumbnails Another Lip-ship Top Gun-dscn1471.jpg   Another Lip-ship Top Gun-dscn1510.jpg   Another Lip-ship Top Gun-dscn1473.jpg  

Last edited by dnebo; 11-18-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Registered

Hatch Fit and Finnish
Attached Thumbnails Another Lip-ship Top Gun-100107-002.jpg   Another Lip-ship Top Gun-100107-003.jpg   Another Lip-ship Top Gun-dscn1505.jpg  

Old 10-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Who built the hatch second time around?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Registered

A local glass shop and myself.
A good freind of mine helped with the fit. Auto body guy.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dnebo
A number of people have contacted me and have had questions about the engine hatch on my boat.
This is NOT the same engine hatch that being posted on the OSO. Forums.

When I started this project I bought a bravo hatch from an OSO member from the East cost knowing full well that it would not fit my transmission boat.
My thought was to cut the hatch in half, cut the front padded edge off and stretch the raised portion to the full length of the engine compartment. After the hatch was stretched and fitted I would then use it as a plug to make a mold.
I contacted another OSO member that seemed to be knowledgeable enough to do the work I needed done to finish this project. After a number of phone calls and emails back and forth we both seemed to be on the same page and this project should only take one month and the cost would be $3500.00 witch I told him at that time, I thought was way to cheep.
The project was moving along at a snails pace. He posted many times that he was going out of town to go boating when my project was sitting. At one point I replied to one of his post that he should stay at work and make some money and finish my hatch. At this point we are about 6 months into this project. After a phone call every week and three (3) months later I told Dave that I was done waiting and that I was coming to pick up my plug and that I would pay for the work that he had done up to this point. He then promised me that he would finish the mold and the hatch in another four (4) weeks. (The same amount of time that the entire project was suppose to take) I reluctantly agreed.
When I arrive to pick up my hatch, plug and mold he tells me that he was keeping the mold and explained to me that the mold was his idea and he had all the rights to it.
I have emails and a sketch that I sent Dave explaining what I wanted and that I would like to recover some of the cost of this project by making additional hatches.
He refused to let me take the mold and used a big tub of goo to prevent me from taking my mold.
After I calmed down left with the plug and the hatch I went back to my shop to see how the hatch fit. (I GOT SCREWED)
The hatch was not wide enough. It was almost 1-1/2” to narrow.
The hatch was not square.
The hatch sagged in the center.
The hatch was also 1” to long. It had to be forced to be closed pushing the back seat forward and pinching the vinyl.
I started over with one of many things I learned, you can’t build a hatch without fitting it on the boat during construction.
Now I have a hatch and a mold that fit the 38 Top Gun’s.

I will post pictures of the hatch and the fit of this hatch.
I was wondering how long it would be before this came out.
Looks great.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

anybody want to out the turd who claims the work and mold is his........or shall we let this thread grow and blossom......
dnebo is being nice, that board member really bent him over...

God damn that boat looks good darren.....Just so ya guys know it is way better in person....

If there is top gun owners out there who want a sweet hatch contact dnebo.....This thing is flawless.....

Last edited by nocigarette; 10-04-2007 at 07:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Another Lip-ship Top Gun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.