cigarette quality >

cigarette quality

Notices

cigarette quality

Old 01-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default cigarette quality

I may get hung by the nuts for this, but I must say the quality I was expecting from cigarette was not their. The fit & finish was sub par.. the cabin int was a disaster. the headliner was loose the beading completly fell off. the ride was the best of all the boat Ive had. but the quality was just not their. IMO>
Old 01-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

did you buy your boat new?
Old 01-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

customryder,

A lil' more info would be helpful, so the board could get a better idea of where your coming from.

Haven't heard anything bad about CIG's when it comes to fit and finish,,,maybe an older model boat might have some issues, but I can't see it coming from a new one.

Thanks,
Shawn
Old 01-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Pretty strong statement; completely opposite of my findings.
What year, what boat, what model?
Old 01-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I say hang em by the nuts!
No boat listed under your avatar, posting in the Cig section, no details given, no comparisons, gez, you should have brought your own rope to the party!

Details please.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

CR had a 06 38 TG that he owned about 6 months in 2007.

The boats are nice, but remember most of these boats are fiberglass laid up and painted by humans. I have seen a few new boats with sloppy paint lines (overspray) and wavey glasswork but this can happen on any boat line.

CR, by the way how much did it cost you to run a 38 TG for a season? Compared to owning your 36 NT which boat cost you less to own?

Cigarette has the brand image which is 50% of the battle when it comes to resale.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

His was a 2006 T/G GT and he bought it used.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Registered

Default get rid of it for you

Originally Posted by customryder
I may get hung by the nuts for this, but I must say the quality I was expecting from cigarette was not their. The fit & finish was sub par.. the cabin int was a disaster. the headliner was loose the beading completly fell off. the ride was the best of all the boat Ive had. but the quality was just not their. IMO>
If its that bad I'll come take it off your hands how much you going to pay me for removal????
Old 01-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

The only "quality" issue I've seen on newer Cigs is the hull/deck joint on the Top Guns. Very wavy in this area with gaps filled with caulk around the transition to the transom. But they are not a class A finished hull and that is OK as all Cigs these days end up painted and bodywork/paint hides most of the mold flaws. It really isn't a quality issue as much as it is a cosmetic issue. Otherwise, the fit and finish, rigging, materials used, etc. all appear to be top notch.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the boat was great over-all.. Just saying it could of been better.. a cigarette will more that likley be my next boat.. I have looked at some "other" high end boats & they were sloppy as well.. I dont think anyone builds a true quality boat these days.. Just my opinion... & just for the record for the guys that dont know me i have owned just about all of the brands out their. (top five)

Last edited by customryder; 01-09-2008 at 01:10 PM.

Quick Reply: cigarette quality

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.