STOP Using Forums for SELLING !! >

STOP Using Forums for SELLING !!

Notices

STOP Using Forums for SELLING !!

Old 04-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

OSO's rules are that you can not use the forums SOLELY for selling. That's getting around the fees of the classifieds, which keep the site alive.

You CAN post a classified ad, and then use the forums to direct people to your sale, and/or share more info about your items/sale.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Hurley
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Whens your sh!t gonna be done!? You going to make Desert Storm??
Its getting really close. I should have it done this month. Unfortunately our friends rented a house at Faria Beach the weekend of Desert Storm. I was shooting for Desert Storm but for marriage sake should head to the beach house.

What's the next run close to us?

Almost forgot, Lots of used Top Gun parts "FOR SALE".

Last edited by hurleyr; 04-08-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Hurley
Gold Member

Progress!

How many of you guys have an airplane mechanic working on your rig.
Attached Thumbnails STOP Using Forums for SELLING !!-engines-005.jpg   STOP Using Forums for SELLING !!-gimbals.jpg   STOP Using Forums for SELLING !!-engines-006.jpg  

Old 04-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oh ya, 20 cig for sale
Old 04-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 774 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by hurleyr
Progress!

Excuse my ignorance but was that the boat that was for sale a while back on here by "whywait" or somethign like that? I remember he kept knocking the price down?

If so - can I ask what the project was? The thing looked pretty useable from the get go, just wondering why the engines are out?
Old 04-08-2008, 10:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I've got a 42 tiger for sale
Old 04-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Hurley
Gold Member

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Excuse my ignorance but was that the boat that was for sale a while back on here by "whywait" or somethign like that? I remember he kept knocking the price down?

If so - can I ask what the project was? The thing looked pretty useable from the get go, just wondering why the engines are out?
Its the same boat. My anal tendencies always get me in trouble. What started out as a motor refresh ended up as a complete mechanical overhaul. New Paul Pfaff motors, engine room paint, resealed & painted drives, trannies, gimbals, transom paint, stellings exhaust, tabs, pumps hoses, hose clamps, screws, ect... All new! I don't know when to stop. Battery boxes, late model access hatches, blah, blah, blah, $, $, $, ect...... Stainless drain plugs, repolished water pick ups, powder coat swim platform and accessories, lifting hatch mechanism, ect....$, $, $, ect... Every screw going into fiberglass or wood has 5200 caulking. I might have a problem.

I should have the mechanical done this month. Plans are to update the hatch, graphics, dash and possibly interrior next session.

In all seriousness working on projects like this keeps me out of trouble. This is my fifth boat in 5 seasons. Every boat I've sold was nicer the day I sold it then the day I bought it. Although, I may need to hold onto this one a while. Can't do much better than a Top Gun.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 774 Likes on 353 Posts

Its the same boat. My anal tendencies always get me in trouble. What started out as a motor refresh ended up as a complete mechanical overhaul. New Paul Pfaff motors, engine room paint, resealed & painted drives, trannies, gimbals, transom paint, stellings exhaust, tabs, pumps hoses, hose clamps, screws, ect... All new! I don't know when to stop. Battery boxes, late model access hatches, blah, blah, blah, $, $, $, ect...... Stainless drain plugs, repolished water pick ups, powder coat swim platform and accessories, lifting hatch mechanism, ect....$, $, $, ect... Every screw going into fiberglass or wood has 5200 caulking. I might have a problem.

I should have the mechanical done this month. Plans are to update the hatch, graphics, dash and possibly interrior next session.

In all seriousness working on projects like this keeps me out of trouble. This is my fifth boat in 5 seasons. Every boat I've sold was nicer the day I sold it then the day I bought it. Although, I may need to hold onto this one a while. Can't do much better than a Top Gun.
More power to you! It seemed like a great boat before - should be even better huh? keep the pictures coming...
Old 04-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Progress!

Cool ride,
I've got a bunch of pics from when it was "No Moe Dough" we ran with the original owner in the 2001 Cigarette Reunion Poker Run.
It was an event of a lifetime, held at the Cigarette factory on Thunderboat Row. They had a huge Miami style party right at the plant. There were many famous legends, I had the honor of sharing a few cold ones and talking with Knocky House shortly before he passed away.
It was quite an event. Late in the evening, one of the Playboy Bunnies took someones Top Gun for a hell ride down the canal at WFO right past the plant and came very close to ramming it into Highlift Marina at the end of the canal.

If I can get my scanner working, I'll post pics of your boat at the Cig Reunion.

Nice work, It's a labor of love right?

Kurt
Old 04-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I've got a 42 tiger for sale
do you??????

Quick Reply: STOP Using Forums for SELLING !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.