Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Twin Step vs STD V >

Twin Step vs STD V

Notices

Twin Step vs STD V

Old 05-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if its a straight bottom tiger i wouldn't buy it unless it had six's on it other wise i would get the top gun just my opinion
Old 05-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tony stamis
if its a straight bottom tiger i wouldn't buy it unless it had six's on it other wise i would get the top gun just my opinion
Without 6's not a good choice.

Last edited by MOBILEMERCMAN; 05-10-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

I've spent a lot of time behind the wheel and in the passenger seat of both boats. They are both aweseome in the rough.

Here's some things to consider:

Rough water ride...4 more feet is 4 more feet. A straight bottom Tiger with 6's is a rough water killer!

Like already stated; If the Tiger doesn't have 6's I wouldn't personally bother. However, if it does have 6's, that means it has big power which also means high maintnence.

The T/S Gun should be less maintnence, more fuel effecient, easier to tow/dock, etc.

If you could afford to buy a newer version of something, why wouldn't you?

If you love the Tiger, then buy it. Tigers are awesome boats and depending on the package you won't be disappointed.

Of course if you dont care about re-sale, fuel efficiency, cost of maintenence, then you can prob just do yourself a favor and go buy a new 39 with 700's and nxt's!
that's just my .02

Last edited by thisistank; 05-10-2008 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

If you really like the Tiger, then that is the boat you should go for. When paying good money for a 38-42 foot boat with an 8 foot beam that you can't sleep or chit on, you better really like it!! Go with the boat that excites you the most. It's your $$$$$.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:59 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

All Excellent points from all....

Comes down to what you want.

Since I have owned a boat with #6's there is no going back however in performance boats.... With or without steps.

Proof is 28 seconds into this vid....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3USdHMl4xFM[/YOUTUBE]

Old 05-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GLH
All Excellent points from all....

Comes down to what you want.

Since I have owned a boat with #6's there is no going back however in performance boats.... With or without steps.

Proof is 28 seconds into this vid....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3USdHMl4xFM

That vid is nasty. I would go TSG with 525's if it was my choice.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

If you like the tiger then go for it. Mine is a 2000 straight hull, 500 efis and xrs. I use my boat and dont baby it. I do my best when running to not rip things apart. last year top speed was around 74-75, with a little engine work done. this year 100+ more hp and more tQ as well. I have xrs and have never had a failure. although the tiger is bigger than a TG, they weight colse to the same, I'm moving more size, not weight. What power is in the tiger you are looking at?

If you really like the Tiger, then that is the boat you should go for. When paying good money for a 38-42 foot boat with an 8 foot beam that you can't sleep or chit on, you better really like it!! Go with the boat that excites you the most. It's your $$$$$.
this statement makes the most sense^^^^^
Old 05-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

C/B Tiger will EAT Bravos.

And like said above,,, T/S is free ( ok,, not free ) efficiancy,
Old 05-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the repsonse. Many good points.
Thisistank: Its not that I dont care about the costs of running and owning it. I just think that you shouldnt let that influence you to much as it more imortant what you get out of the experience. We are living in a place where we have a boating season that starts Memorial day and ends Labor day, so its short. If I boated 365 I would put more into the costs of operating the boat. Besides I believe that fuel economy is directly related to the Throttles. If we were in a position to get into a 39 with 700's....belive me...we would. I am hoping thats the one that we get next.
The Tiger does not have 6's and has honest 700 hp engines in it.
pm203: The advice you give is great....When we write that check for the payment in January when its snowing outside, it better be something we like.
Not sleep on it ????. It looks like plenty of room for a couple of people to get comfortable.
Again...Thanks for all the feeback.
M
Old 05-11-2008, 02:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by obnoxus
C/B Tiger will EAT Bravos.
mine has never eaten a bravo

Quick Reply: Twin Step vs STD V

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.