Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Seriously...What's it gonna take... >

Seriously...What's it gonna take...

Notices

Seriously...What's it gonna take...

Old 06-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Seriously...What's it gonna take...

to sell this?

I had one call and one offer of 50k from some guy who has never seen the boat in person...

No one has even come to see this thing? Just spent 70k in 2006...

This is a givaway...someone come and get it...need to make room for my new boat.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o19348-en.html
Old 06-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

The restoration on this boat is real nice. Boat looks like a 10!!!

However, you're asking for a lot for a 21 year old boat....and "no trailer" doesn't help.

Good luck.

Chris
Old 06-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just a watcher and I would be in an even worse position if I were to try and sell my boat. Yours is beautiful, but it would take a trailer, a 15K price reduction AND just the right buyer, in my uneducated opinion. In other words, unpalatably painful. I can only see the market getting worse before it gets better and it may not get much better for the older boats. There are too many deals out there. It still costs the same or more to fix them up so the buyer would be one that recognizes that and bargain hunters far outnumber them.

This went from $55K to $29K:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=189852

I realize you could easily spend the difference making it really nice.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Like Schweeng said,,,,, plus,,,, go to boattrader and do a search for what you can buy for 80 k right now,,,, people are looking for new and cheap,,,, now redone, or well taken care of,,,,, and what a shame that is.

I must admit I am kinda guilty of the same thing,,, I was in negotiations with a 35 Cafe that SEA-DATED ultimatly ended up buying,,,,,, we were a few k apart,,, I passed and bought a 2000 36 OUTLAW,,,,,,,, and is a decision I will question for many years to come.

With the age, I couldnt justify the price,,, but it was all redone and I instantly fell in love with the boat.

Fortunatly I also am very happy with the OUTLAW, but I know it wont hold its value like the Cig would have.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

In today's market just getting an offer is a good thing.
I have watched you make your Cafe just Brand New over the years. It is probably one of the nicest one out there.

I hate to say it but as gas goes up, boat prices go down.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Schweeng
The restoration on this boat is real nice. Boat looks like a 10!!!

However, you're asking for a lot for a 21 year old boat....and "no trailer" doesn't help.

Good luck.

Chris
Thanks chris... 2 good points...and the perception is hard to overcome...no doubt this boat will eventually go to someone who is loking for this specific boat with new economical power and who doesnt need to see triple digits...

the trailer aint worth much...pretty rusty...needs to be replaced anyway.

the 21 year old part is valid also...but the hull has about 300hours total and the motors have less than 15...
Old 06-30-2008, 01:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just me...

The 496's are a turnoff. Especially with XR's that'll live with bigger power. 502's- you can do a liytle or alot with.

Plus, the dash is beautiful but the vinyl and the stripe on the side date the boat.

I know that's no help... but just observations.

Ironically enough, I'm redoing a 35 right now. I have this feeling like I'm taking $1 bills out of my wallet and dropping them on the ground- but before they hit, they've magically turned into quarters. That about sizes up the sensation of spending money on this thing. At least the dollar bills aren't borrowed.

Last edited by Chris Sunkin; 06-30-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Registered

all valid points fellas...

somehting every seller is going through right now...not what anyone wants to hear, but its the reality in today's economy...

i am willing to listen to realistic offers...
Old 06-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Just me...

The 496's are a turnoff. Especially with XR's that'll live with bigger power. 502's- you can do a liytle or alot with.

Plus, the dash is beautiful but the vinyl and the stripe on the side date the boat.

I know that's no help... but just observations.

Ironically enough, I'm redoing a 35 right now. I have this feeling like I'm taking $1 bills out of my wallet and dropping them on the ground- but before they hit, they've magically turned into quarters. That about sizes up the sensation of spending money on this thing. At least the dollar bills aren't borrowed.
Chris,

What do you think it is worth without the engines? I'll sell it without power...I've got 20 Cig that is dying for a 496...
Old 06-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Steve_H

the boat is gorgeous imo. hopefully someone will come along and recognize the value of a 300 hour cafe as apposed to a 900 hour completely redone cafe. nothing wrong with one thats been redone but there is a lot to say for a mostly original and preserved cig.

Quick Reply: Seriously...What's it gonna take...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.