thinking of selling our top gun

Notices

thinking of selling our top gun

Old 07-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a lot of opinions, all good.
my biggest question is , to use a broker or not?

I dont need the money and there are no storage issues.
there are a lot of upgrades that make this boat different than the 93.
for 75k, I will hang on to it.
once I find out a real number, I will decide to keep or sell her.
if anyone would like more info, just send me a pm.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by comp

Why would you think 75 was not a real number? Although it wasn't an actual offer, I didn't get the impression anyone thought you would be able to get more for it too easily?

Only way to find out is to put it up for sale with an ad, but I wouldn't think a real number greater than 75 would show up these days, but it might be exactly what someone was looking for with better money. A broker might tell you it would go for more if you list with him, but it sounds like that can be a shady deal.

You're best be might be a broker dealing with Europe quite a bit. Our ****ty dollar has turned it into quite the market for them to buy toys, and they love Cig's over there.

I personally love the boat, but that'd be the top of my price range, and the upkeep/storage costs would kill me.

Good luck.

Last edited by rlj676; 07-23-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:19 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

comp, beautiful gun... good luck.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Not having seen either boat in person the lip ship boat seems to have a lot of upgrades or updates that the other one doesn't. Naca ducts, newer style bolsters, flat rails on the deck and transom, better trailer, closed cooling, new gauges, new windscreen, Hydraulic steering, Bravos and on and on....

You'd have to see them boat in person and compare the two. The lip ship boat is much more up to date looking.

Ask anyone that's updated one it isn't cheap. If you're just looking for a cig to go boating then each would work. But in my opinion, $75K would move the lip ship boat pretty quick.

From the appearance that's a lot of boat for $75K.
Exactly
Old 07-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by comp

I'd keep it too for 75K. That's a helluva boat!

The market for the straight bottom guns is getting squeezed IMO as more used TS Guns come on the market that appear priced to sell. If I was looking at boats in the 100K range, I'm going to move up to 150k and get a TS. Easier said then done I suppose.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As much as I don't care for stepped boats, the step now equates to economy more than speed. If you can cruise for less $$, that makes a difference, even though the boat's cost may outweigh the savings by several times.

On brokers- they typically suck. Last year I was looking for a second boat- I wanted a Cig 35 or something thereabouts. I had cash and was willing to travel. I couldn't get arrested by brokers. Few returned calls, even less follow-up. I couldn't get details, pics- nothing. I was treated like a pest. If they aren't interested in doing anything with boats they have listed, I don't imagine you'll get any better treatment. My impression is all they do is advertise in all the places you can advertise it yourself- Boat Trader, Yachtworld, etc. Ebay is good for visibility. I look at the online ad sites and I'm astonished at the asking prices on many of these boats. I also see the Ebay auctions with absurd starting prices. People are dreaming about boat values- the market is as bad as I've seen it and that goes back to the mid-70's. My take is this- whether you put it on the common sites or the broker does. If he ads 20 grand to the cost to give him some negotiation room and an $8K commission, you probably won't sell it. If you want to get market out of it and you want someone to screen the tire-kickers, you'll have to cough up the 8 out of your end. You can talk to a few losers and place a few ads for 8 grand. You need a real number on it though- look in the OSO classifieds at owner-for-sale boats- and elsewhere too. But, I watch the market pretty closely- if someone showed up with 75 large, you'd be ahead of alot of guys with boats for sale these days.

Like I wrote before- you're close to the end of the season- Spring is going to have way more buyers. Unless Obama gets elected and unleaded is $7 a gallon- then the $75K would look really good.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Registered

How can you put a price on that boat with no cockpit shots. It might need a huge interior upgrade and what kind of steering does it have?

My feeling in this market with all the goodies above - $69K

Its a nice beginner Cig
Old 07-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

oreollzeue,
excellent question.
cabin: full cabin, with head and a/c
flat screen dvd, stereo and amp

steering: external, marine machine
Old 07-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just sold my 99 36 Baja OL last month for 79,800 and that was just because the guy said he wanted to pay less than 80K. Clean boat with AC/heat HP500's w/420 hours, bravo's and external steering and aluminum trailer. It sold in less than a week of me listing it for sale. I live in Vegas and it went to AZ. It sure was alot easier selling it than buying it. I shipped it from MI. I think 75 to 80 is a good price for that boat. My 99 OL was far more updated and modern looking than any 90's cig. Cigs did not start looking very modern till 04 and even those use the same helm. Although I still love cigs for the classic lines and hopefully will be my next boat.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Hurley
Gold Member

How can you compare a Cig to a Baja? Don't get me wrong they are nice boats for the money but there not comparable to a Top Gun. I would take a 1995 Gun in good shape over any Baja for the same price.

Quick Reply: thinking of selling our top gun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.