$5500
0%
$6000
5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Whats it worth? 20 cig!!

Old 09-11-2008, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that is a little on the high side for the conditon. There was one on craigslist in STL recently for 4 G's. It was already sold by the time a I called about it.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SKRAMER
Ok educate me.... Is this a bad 20??? Is the new style better?? What is the difference??? Thanks
No, the original style isn't bad at all. This one just "looks" like literally needs everything parts-wise, and the seat frames and interior will likely have to be fabricated if the owner doesn't have them. That spot on the port side of the inner transom worries me that water could have found it's way into the core, adding to the list of "un-fun" things to throw money at. I'd want to be sure at minimum the hull is structurally sound, since that's really all your buying with this particular one.

The newer style has a fairing instead of the classic windsheild, along with fixed seating instead of the swivel chairs. The newer bottom is a pad instead of rounded. That's probably a personal preference thing but the pad bottom is supposed to be faster. I haven't had any issues with the handling on mine. There are fast round bottom 20's out there too. You DEFINITELY want trim tabs on these boats no matter which bottom you have.

There are some extremely nice classic ones out there, but they were probably in pretty good condition before doing updates. Randy Wild's comes to mind as a nice original 20 that just paint and upholstery would make a major difference on. You'll need to add hydraulic steering if you want to go really fast.

I'm still learning all I can about these, but this is the knowledge I've gathered since I started looking around for one of my own. They're a BLAST!
Old 09-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
Hey Brian .... hows it goin buddy !?!?!? Me too ... what is the "new style top and bottom " ???

Thanks !

JM
Who's Brian?
Old 09-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks guys!!!! She has the seats!!
Old 09-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BLee
No, the original style isn't bad at all. This one just "looks" like literally needs everything parts-wise, and the seat frames and interior will likely have to be fabricated if the owner doesn't have them. That spot on the port side of the inner transom worries me that water could have found it's way into the core, adding to the list of "un-fun" things to throw money at. I'd want to be sure at minimum the hull is structurally sound, since that's really all your buying with this particular one.

The newer style has a fairing instead of the classic windsheild, along with fixed seating instead of the swivel chairs. The newer bottom is a pad instead of rounded. That's probably a personal preference thing but the pad bottom is supposed to be faster. I haven't had any issues with the handling on mine. There are fast round bottom 20's out there too. You DEFINITELY want trim tabs on these boats no matter which bottom you have.

There are some extremely nice classic ones out there, but they were probably in pretty good condition before doing updates. Randy Wild's comes to mind as a nice original 20 that just paint and upholstery would make a major difference on. You'll need to add hydraulic steering if you want to go really fast.

I'm still learning all I can about these, but this is the knowledge I've gathered since I started looking around for one of my own. They're a BLAST!
What do you think its worth???
Old 09-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you bought this and did it right which means sending it to Phil you'll have $150,000 in it easy.

This boat will need a new transom and probably stringers and everything will have to be re-worked. If i wanted a 20' i would by the one sitting in his shop with a 540 Zul.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BLee
Who's Brian?
OOOOPS !!!! Sorry Brandon ..... I'm kinda draggin azz today !
Old 09-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Registered

Default 20 Cig

I personally went and looked at that boat. It is VERY ruff.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cigracing1
If you bought this and did it right which means sending it to Phil you'll have $150,000 in it easy.

This boat will need a new transom and probably stringers and everything will have to be re-worked. If i wanted a 20' i would by the one sitting in his shop with a 540 Zul.
Ok if we agree with the above statement then who cares if its 2 or 4 or 6 or 10K?

The baot itself will be a drop in the bucket comparred to the rest of the bill.

On the other hand the purchase price becomes a factor if someone only wants to put 40-50K into it.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by wnelles
I personally went and looked at that boat. It is VERY ruff.
What do you think its worth???

Quick Reply: Whats it worth? 20 cig!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.