5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Whats it worth? 20 cig!!

Old 09-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SKRAMER
What do you think its worth???
Not more than a couple grand and that is being nice. I went down there expecting a "basket case" and it was alot worse than that. I think you would be better off with a different one. If I remember correctly the trailer was in pretty bad shape to and didn't fit the boat correctly. It had been sitting on it for a very long time.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw this one also ..... It is RUFF !!!!

Heard the girl that is selling it is pretty HOT though !?!?!?!?
Old 09-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Registered

Default Bought this Cig 20 for $8k

Well I picked this up Sunday night on ebay. The guy said it is pretty much "unmolested" and he has a few perf boats and seems credible...

I plan on installing a brand new GM Performance Crate engines (ala Sunkin) that's about 475 hp. Not sure on extra juice yet...

I just picked up a set of very nice Blackhawk drives and plan on using 1 for this Cig 20.

I have not decided what to do on color and upholstery, but if it is in fact original, will keep the yellow and try to find a complementary color stripe/scheme that is not too hot for upholstery functionality and looks sharp.

I am considering building in a 3 bolster bench seat for front and of course the dash will get a complete makeover with some vintage looking Livorsi stuff. Not a huge fan of the single swivel seats as they tend to break and feel a bit unstable. (Of course, I will keep them for originality's sake in future and may end up sticking with them.)

So I figure 8 on the boat, 4 on the drive, 6 on engine and drive incidentals, 5 on paint, 4 on upholsery, 2 on dash plus another 5 for over-budget and hope to be in the Spring for $34k give or take.

Obviously, it won't be a lipship gem, but good for my needs and my 4 kids to pound around with me...and someday on their own...

Any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated...thanks for all the info so far.
Attached Thumbnails Whats it worth? 20 cig!!-e419_12.jpg   Whats it worth? 20 cig!!-e0d6_12.jpg   Whats it worth? 20 cig!!-e6a9_12.jpg  

Old 09-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2500-3000 is what its worth right now in this market...

if it were in better shape id say 4000..

good luck and dont ask me again, im a busy man.....
Old 09-12-2008, 07:43 AM
Registered

Yo stecz.............................your killin me!!

Looks like 2K to me

I gotta go look at it
Old 09-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

The one on craigs list did look rough, but no where near as rough as the 20' we are redoing for my client.. ( below is a "good pic" from after we gutted it.) His is literally getting everything except for frames & transom.. Althought the transom is getting plugged anyhow for repower.. Either way they are an awsome little ride. If one can finanially fo it I think it is worth while, just everbody has thier $$ limits as to what they are comfy with.. I know the one we are doing with what my customers plans are for it will cause it to be a high ticket $ job.. The other cool thing about the 20's is not everbody has one...

Jamie
Attached Thumbnails Whats it worth? 20 cig!!-dsc00191sm.jpg  

Last edited by LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS; 09-12-2008 at 08:52 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Registered

Actually ..... it is so bad ..... a real # might be LESS then $2K ... especially in this mkt .
Old 09-12-2008, 08:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS
The one on craigs list did look rough, but no where near as rough as the 20' we are redoing for my client.. His is literally getting everything except for frames & transom.. Althought the transom is getting plugged anyhow for repower.. Either way they are an awsome little ride. If one can finanially fo it I think it is worth while, just everbody has thier $$ limits as to what they are comfy with.. I know the one we are doing with what my customers plans are for it will cause it to be a high ticket $ job.. The other cool thing about the 20's is not everbody has one... Jamie
Got any pics???
Old 09-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Just put one up.. (scroll up a little).. There are also some pics on my site of it..

We just got done fabbing a new windshield for it. Now working on a new fuel cell. Then body work, crack repair & then interior.. We are going old school burgundy & white pleats.. He wants it to look its vintage, but have the modern convieninces & turn key reliability.. Its also getting all new livorsi gauges.. We are also redoing the dash & deck centerpieces in teak.. Then the plan is moderate to big power... It will be killer... Right now we are thinking the smallest power to go in will be either a new Merc 525 or possibly a New Raylar aluminum small block set up.. Also he has thought about hving us wedge in a new Ilmor or merc 700nxt. We have some time though to choose the power.. Oh yeah, its also getting some big K planes installed too.. Jamie
Old 09-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Registered

some one need to keep post pics on this as the progress moves along. The fire fox was great.

Quick Reply: Whats it worth? 20 cig!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.