What will $175k buy you now??? >

What will $175k buy you now???

Notices

What will $175k buy you now???

Old 09-30-2008, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by blume
JS, 04, 05, 06 38' Cigarette Top Guns with 525's for 175k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not a chance.

Coming from a guy selling used TG's I can understand your point. But if I had one to trade/sell to you that is exactly the number you would be pitching to me! Not just you Blume but all the dealers (fastboats, etc)......no one in their right mind would put more than 175K in any 4-5 year old 525 TG in October, heading towards a recession. I would be willing to bet the 175K number is actually high and 145-160K is real money on a trade.

Remember these boats were only 275K new in 04/05. Now they are used, have some hours on them and are 4-5 years old! The buyers are rapidly disappearing due to reduced availablilty of financing and the money that is out there is at a high interest rate.

This 07 boat only has 50 hours on it, is beautiful and sits on a nice trailer and still hasn't sold for 257K: http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o24134-en.html

It has been for sale for a year and was 279K for a long time. It is the perfect boat but overpriced for October........

Now why would a someone pay 200K+/- for a 4-5 year old boat when for a few bucks more they can have an 07.

Lots of things are not worth what they used to be worth. Houses, cars, boats are all luxury items and in tough times these things go away at lower prices than when times are good. Did anyone read the Bulllet thread for a nice 20 year old boat for 49K? Several comments that it too is a great boat but who in their right mind would spend 50K on an old boat now......
Old 09-30-2008, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Coming from a guy selling used TG's I can understand your point. But if I had one to trade/sell to you that is exactly the number you would be pitching to me! Not just you Blume but all the dealers (fastboats, etc)......no one in their right mind would put more than 175K in any 4-5 year old 525 TG in October, heading towards a recession. I would be willing to bet the 175K number is actually high and 145-160K is real money on a trade.

Remember these boats were only 275K new in 04/05. Now they are used, have some hours on them and are 4-5 years old! The buyers are rapidly disappearing due to reduced availablilty of financing and the money that is out there is at a high interest rate.

This 07 boat only has 50 hours on it, is beautiful and sits on a nice trailer and still hasn't sold for 257K: http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o24134-en.html

It has been for sale for a year and was 279K for a long time. It is the perfect boat but overpriced for October........

Now why would a someone pay 200K+/- for a 4-5 year old boat when for a few bucks more they can have an 07.

Lots of things are not worth what they used to be worth. Houses, cars, boats are all luxury items and in tough times these things go away at lower prices than when times are good. Did anyone read the Bulllet thread for a nice 20 year old boat for 49K? Several comments that it too is a great boat but who in their right mind would spend 50K on an old boat now......
I would pay $200k for that boat this week.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dhlaw
I would pay $200k for that boat this week.
I thought 220K would be good but you have around this game a lot longer than I have......... You know what real money is on these boats and I just take the heat for printing the bad news!

I think the former owner of that boat built the 46 RR/ tri 700's and this TG was a trade or possibly guy still owns it and the new 46.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought 220K would be good but you have around this game a lot longer than I have......... You know what real money is on these boats and I just take the heat for printing the bad news!

I think the former owner of that boat built the 46 RR/ tri 700's and this TG was a trade or possibly guy still owns it and the new 46.
Well, if the boat was for me thats all I would pay. Personally the only boats that I would buy are "Hot for Teacher" and the TG with 750 Zuls. I have made it clear to Tom that I would be a player on HFT but we have never been able to get our timing to match. My best friend Jimmy is looking to move up from his Sacarab that he just sold and I am trying to help him out. JS, cash is king right now and having a buyer that can write a check right now has to be worth quite a bit. Let them sit for the next 6 months till stuff gets moving again..... if at all.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$175K will buy 10 Claymates. I will throw in the Bullet for free!
Attached Thumbnails What will 5k buy you now???-img_0587.jpg  
Old 09-30-2008, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
$175K will buy 10 Claymates. I will throw in the Bullet for free!
man Clay we miss your pics !!!
Old 09-30-2008, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bloom is definitely off the boat market rose. Deals will continue to pop up as credit dwindles. If there was ever a time that cash is king. Its now. Now is someone ready to sell me a Glad for 80K?
Old 09-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Where is Customryder and Dreamer when you need them?

175K will buy any Gladiator out there with the exception of the new 700 boat Phil is building. 175K will buy a 04-05 TG w/ 525's (as long as the owner doesn't owe 250K!). You maybe able to buy a 06 TG Spyder since they were lightly optioned to start with.
If you can buy all those for that price, why dont you stop talking and buy something instead of telling everone what they can get for these prices. you are really messing people up when they inquire about these boats and realize that they can not be had for what you think they can be bought for. be a player not a spectator. When you buy a 05 top tun for 175, call me, i want a ride
Old 09-30-2008, 11:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wild
If you can buy all those for that price, why dont you stop talking and buy something instead of telling everone what they can get for these prices. you are really messing people up when they inquire about these boats and realize that they can not be had for what you think they can be bought for. be a player not a spectator. When you buy a 05 top tun for 175, call me, i want a ride
Randy your boat is a perfect example.......You are asking the same money you paid for that boat when you bought it two seasons ago! Do you really believe the boat did not lose value? Your boat has history and it took ASG two solid years to sell it (to you). It is a very nice boat but my guess is you will own it all winter.

I know what the offers are on the 04-05-06-07 TG's and they are no where near what the asking prices are. In this economy/ at the end of the season everyone is looking for a deal and if the boat has been listed in the OSO ads for 6-12 months with 3,000 or more page views the boat isn't selling because it is overpriced! I wouldn't out anyone on OSO but you guys would cry if you have heard what some of these boats really change hands for (700/NXT boats included). Hint they are no where near the original asking price........

You definitely don't want me to post what I end up paying for a boat since your dreams of owning a TG for free for two seasons will definitely be over........
Old 09-30-2008, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Randy your boat is a perfect example.......You are asking the same money you paid for that boat when you bought it two seasons ago! Do you really believe the boat did not lose value? Your boat has history and it took ASG two solid years to sell it (to you). It is a very nice boat but my guess is you will own it all winter.

I know what the offers are on the 04-05-06-07 TG's and they are no where near what the asking prices are. In this economy/ at the end of the season everyone is looking for a deal and if the boat has been listed in the OSO ads for 6-12 months with 3,000 or more page views the boat isn't selling because it is overpriced! I wouldn't out anyone on OSO but you guys would cry if you have heard what some of these boats really change hands for (700/NXT boats included). Hint they are no where near the original asking price........

You definitely don't want me to post what I end up paying for a boat since your dreams of owning a TG for free for two seasons will definitely be over........

my question is how do you know what some of these people are paying for there boats, For one they are lying to you. and two do you just go around asking people what they pay for boats. WOW thats balls

My boat perfect example - Its not about what i paid for it, that is a non issue, its about what it worth.

If i paid $100,000 for it that does not make it worth 90,000 just because i got a good deal, and if i hold on to it for the winter who cares, someone is just missing out on running all winter in FL

I have only had the boat a year and it was far from free, upgraded the engines, added a custom full cover, fixed the headsets, fixed the vhf radio, 2 new amps, i have over 20k in that boat - you dont know anything
Find a boat cleaner, better, faster than mine for cheaper

Buy a boat and get on the water and stop wasting people time on the internet

Quick Reply: What will $175k buy you now???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.