98 TG at Shogren?? >

98 TG at Shogren??

Notices

98 TG at Shogren??

Old 11-20-2008, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Owning a black Scarab for 3 years...

Let me tell you it takes a special person and location to own a black boat.

Look at it this way.. NO ONE WALKS ACROSS IT AT PARTY COVE..

Last edited by SinkorSwim; 11-21-2008 at 04:35 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:16 AM
Registered

Default Shogren

If I put my boat or anything else for sale on Ebay and had to have a certain number for it, I wouldn't have done a no reserve auction. If it's just for marketing than put it up with a reserve.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SinkorSwim
Owning a black Scarab for 3 years...

Let me tell you it takes a special person and location to own a black boat.

Look at it this way.. KNOW ONE WALKS ACROSS IT AT PARTY COVE..
I really like the Black. I think it makes it stand out.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:29 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wnelles
If I put my boat or anything else for sale on Ebay and had to have a certain number for it, I wouldn't have done a no reserve auction. If it's just for marketing than put it up with a reserve.
Yup
Old 11-20-2008, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Yep

Amen, and I bet there are alot of dealers out there that would sell there businesses and let others run just the way they wanted as long as there check cleared.

Before conclusions are drawn, lets see where auctions go, at this point if we cancel an auction it will only be a few. There are alot of good deals out there to be had for all.

Team Shogren

Fountain & Baja By Fountain
www.teamshogren.com

Originally Posted by eichhoma
Its all about marketing what you got to sell. Like I said, you obviously never tried to sell anything on eBay that you *needed* to sell.... so if you put your boat up for sale on eBay you would let it go for thousands less eh? If the auction didnt run up as yo would have liked it to?? Just for the sake of doing right by others?? I seriously doubt that. Its just business. Getting the most eyes on your product and selling for as much as it will go for. That is what everyone is after. You have the "buyers mentality"... Once you are the seller, you will feel differently.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:49 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by eichhoma
Its all about marketing what you got to sell. Like I said, you obviously never tried to sell anything on eBay that you *needed* to sell.... so if you put your boat up for sale on eBay you would let it go for thousands less eh? If the auction didnt run up as yo would have liked it to?? Just for the sake of doing right by others?? I seriously doubt that. Its just business. Getting the most eyes on your product and selling for as much as it will go for. That is what everyone is after. You have the "buyers mentality"... Once you are the seller, you will feel differently.
UH,,,, no,,,,,,you put a Reserve on it,,,,NOT tease people with a NO RESERVE auction,,,,, just like the rules state,,,, you can actually get kicked off EBAY for pulling that.

You still get your exposure .

Ever watch Barret Jackson????
Old 11-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still think it looks great, and the interior design is cool. You could easily put the white "90MPH" stripe on it with red outlines, and have a small cool walkway to the bow of the boat. It was a nice side effect to my old Gun painted solid red with the stripe to be able to access the bow without frying your feet!

I bought a boat off of ebay a few months ago for the first time. It had been on and off a few times with no reserve due to poor bids, which I had no problem with. I wouldn't "give" my stuff away to someone that put in a $5k intial bid in on a $100k (or whatever) asset, and neither would anyone else with any sense at all. I ended up with it in the end because they needed it gone regarless of the loss. I would have never known about the boat if it hadn't been on ebay, and they weren't having luck selling it beforehand.

People whine just as bad when someone lists a boat with their bottom dollar as the reserve, because it takes away the fantasy of "stealing" it. They just end up harrassing the seller to find out the reserve, then lowball that number anyway.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Registered

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Boats...1%7C240%3A1318

Up to 65K....
Looks like a nice boat for the price
Old 11-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Smile

I'm local to this boat, so if anyone wants me to look at it, I can.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

3 hours left.....

Quick Reply: 98 TG at Shogren??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.