Hey Dreamer seen this one??? >

Hey Dreamer seen this one???

Notices

Hey Dreamer seen this one???

Old 02-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
100MPH + ? That will be quite the rush. Will that be the fastest 20 Cig?
Hes going to have to fight Abraham for the that title!
Old 02-06-2009, 09:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Hes going to have to fight Abraham for the that title!
i don't fight anyone for anything....whoever is faster is faster. I'm building it the way I want to.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:34 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
not necessarily but it is kinda fun .... I know my 22 when I'm done will top 100, just have to see where it stops after that

Well, since I "kinda" like you, I'm going to feel terrible if I don't just say this once.........:

That's blazing fast, and highly risky man...... I can tell you at 80-82 or so in mine, it's literally riding on outdrive and less than the width of the Cigarette oval of wetted surface. I'd like to get 90, tops. If the drive shreds at 100+ I just don't trust the hull when it decelerates back dow to the 60mph range, which is when it "falls off" it's angle of attack. There are cats that don't run as shallow as these SOB's. Tom's is the same, and probably a little looser because of the BlackHawk. He'll tell you it's a high blood pressure run. I'm not saying you shouldn't go for it, but know when to get out of it ahead of time because these little boats don't get back into shape right away. Take video as well.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
Ownestly,,,,,,,,i don't see any diffrents exept the seats are a little narrow on the one,,ok wide on the other .
You only catch that view when you fall out of a chair my friend Scotty......................
Old 02-07-2009, 02:02 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

What's day is this?

Pick on Paul day?D

Hell, trying to lob grenades into your bunker isn't easy, so Pick on Paul Day is a welcome holiday for our constant efforts to drag you down with us....!!! We should look into having the Pick on Paul Poker Run, along with "I picked on Paul" t-shirts?

Eventually, we could form the Pick on Paul Performance Association, otherwise known as: POPPA.....

Going to do a poker run with "Poppa", has a nice ring to it?

Think of the children Paul........
Old 02-07-2009, 07:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BLee
Well, since I "kinda" like you, I'm going to feel terrible if I don't just say this once.........:

That's blazing fast, and highly risky man...... I can tell you at 80-82 or so in mine, it's literally riding on outdrive and less than the width of the Cigarette oval of wetted surface. I'd like to get 90, tops. If the drive shreds at 100+ I just don't trust the hull when it decelerates back dow to the 60mph range, which is when it "falls off" it's angle of attack. There are cats that don't run as shallow as these SOB's. Tom's is the same, and probably a little looser because of the BlackHawk. He'll tell you it's a high blood pressure run. I'm not saying you shouldn't go for it, but know when to get out of it ahead of time because these little boats don't get back into shape right away. Take video as well. ..
well thanks...i've heard its an e ticket as well, but we are trying some new stuff with set up and x and such, we did some bottom tweaking as well. I am going to dial the ride in with the 500 stock, and then add the hp to it. looking at toms videos, the boat is on rails, the blackhawk ive heard all but eliminates the chine walk. I have a bigger gas tank than any others and it is longer and should help the boat run more flat. also with the ITS and positining of the tabs, our running surface will "appear" longer to the water. one of the best guys with set ups has said everything in theory should work.. yours also has a pad bottom, as mine is round.so now just to test it in the spring...will do on the video...oh did you get my mail on the hatch?

now back to having fun with paul
Old 02-07-2009, 08:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Hold on about "Paul" for now. (LOL)... I didn't want to mention this, but, getting back to the 20,s, I have heard that the older ones are not built like the typical Cig and do not have the strenghth and structure to handle big power and abuse. In another words, the structual integrity is something you should consider when buiding one of these boats. They are not your typical rock solid Cigarette.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hold on about "Paul" for now. (LOL)... I didn't want to mention this, but, getting back to the 20,s, I have heard that the older ones are not built like the typical Cig and do not have the strenghth and structure to handle big power and abuse. In another words, the structual integrity is something you should consider when buiding one of these boats. They are not your typical rock solid Cigarette.
actually the opposite, the older ones are typical of the resin bucket overproduction. all my stringers have been removed and redone, as with the transom. the thickness of the hull surprised both dave and myself. like Brandon said they were kinda done as fun boats for people with expendable income, so lots of them are different layups and such. mine was originally a jet boat rigged by Bobby Saccenti, he gave us lots of insight into the boat as well as other people. We are taking our time with it, as we also have added some extra stuff on the deck, and aren't just bolting stuff on. we want the mods to be functional, but years down the raod not look like someone just bolted on an afterthought. We are also adding a bulkhead in the engine compartment that will totally seal it from the rest of the boat, they didnt used to be like that. We are enginering it like this because we may do a couple more of them and want them to be safe, but fun. We meet a new challenge each time we incorporate something new, but we are also making those parts to be available to other guys that may want to add to theirs in the future. Such as a cowl and a blower hatch as well as a center console that doubles as a cooler. Mine will be a glad clone, but very functional and safe.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Rob, that sounds awesome. And, I'm not sure of the actual years in question, and how much of it was related to the actual aging and deterioation of these boats, but I was warned from someone within the factory. Good luck with yours. Between Brandon's boat, your's and Darren's with the Vipers, sounds like the 20,s are coming back with a vengeance. Its going to be a good year for the 20,s!!
Old 02-07-2009, 05:22 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Neill gave me the full scoop on mine while I was at the factory during the Lauderdale Show. It was one of three made in 1995 with big power, and came from the factory like that, so the setup is all correct. The guy pretty much had it just for looks. It rides perfect with no chine at wide open with zero tab, but it likes a little tab at slow speeds or else it gets real sensitive to trim & weight distribution of the passengers. The pad bottom rocks for top speed on these though, which is all I'm going for with it. .

Oh, didn't get your mail?

Last edited by BLee; 02-07-2009 at 05:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Hey Dreamer seen this one???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.