Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamer
new broker
Who brokered it before?
Old 02-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

dont remember the who just the $$$$... watched it fall like that over a 2-3month period maybe.... then not listed for a few weeks then back to 159k
Old 02-09-2009, 01:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamer
13 on market plus new one on boat trader... plus 2 i know about not listed...

16 outta 50 on market now
This type of statistic is hard to believe. So in the realm of Fantasy Football, what would be ones prediction be of The next ones to SELL, ala Fantasy Boat Sales... knowing that most are just plain upside down and people wanting to sell in the dream world and NOT wanting to face reality? Which should sell next?
Old 02-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Blooms boat should of sold for $139K, but didn't. I think timing was everthing. In the auto industry, December was pretty much rock bottom on wholesale auction prices. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Prices since have gone up and continue to go up as we speak. They are returning to a higher, more realistic value. While boats are not cars, I think that you will start to see boat pricing stabilize as we approach spring.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
Blooms boat should of sold for $139K, but didn't. I think timing was everthing. In the auto industry, December was pretty much rock bottom on wholesale auction prices. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Prices since have gone up and continue to go up as we speak. They are returning to a higher, more realistic value. While boats are not cars, I think that you will start to see boat pricing stabilize as we approach spring.
not a chance... cars r a neccesity... boats are a luxury

u saw selling and buying at the auctions... also fall is when all the leases come back in

boat market had no sales in that time period to correct from... they r not going back up... financing IF avail is sooooo expensive it will correct boat sales even more.... ur lookin at 8-9-10% loans not 5.25-6%...

on a 225k boat 175k 20yr loan ur lookin at the diff between a 1000 payment and 1500

thats the difference between now and the 04-07 peak of the market

Last edited by dreamer; 02-09-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

I didn't say that they were going up, but that may stabilize as spring approaches.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

boats are not going up & will continue to fall, they may ask more in the spring hoping to get more...dont mean they will..

you have not seen the bottom yet IMO....
Old 02-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't say that they were going up, but that may stabilize as spring approaches.
Paul read your post again.. its kinda leads a person to think your saying boat prices are going up.. glad you clarified...
Old 02-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Registered

looks to me like simple supply and demand. No demand and lots of supply. I think they are definitly going UP
Old 02-12-2009, 08:01 AM
Registered

Thanks, I needed a rib busting laugh today. Are you actually saying that the average Manheim auction price is increasing? Left over 08 Vipers have gone from 10k to 20K to 30K off sticker. Used models with only 1-2K miles have hit the high 50'5 for a coupe. 06 CLS55 AMG's had dropped to 40K on the retail side for a nice unit. These prices are far less than what they were going for in December. Shoot, most all of the cars that were for sale in December are still for sale now at a cheaper price. Yes I have a dealers license. We use it to buy and sell constructiion equiptment and trucks for our company.