Notices

Wow -The 08 39 E type one off!

Old 03-12-2009, 08:34 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
There's a brand new one sitting at Skater waiting to be rigged/painted/etc. It just needs a buyer.

The bomar looking hatch sticks out the most for me. I'm not sure why they didn't do a flush mounted hatch, like most Cigarette's & Skaters have.
Brandon's right about the hatch. I think that hatch ruins the top deck, a flush hatch would look alot better IMO. Don't care for the wrap around winshield either. Other than that, it's one badazz boat.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 03-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Registered

i think the windshield was part of the original canopy. they had to try and save something=) they must have spent a fortune on that boat from the kilo run attempt the the rerig they must have lost a mill. or so.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 3,024 Likes on 991 Posts

Originally Posted by cig92
i think the windshield was part of the original canopy. they had to try and save something=) they must have spent a fortune on that boat from the kilo run attempt the the rerig they must have lost a mill. or so.
That boat was built as you see it.

The KILO boat is a different boat.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Registered

are you sure about that? if so where did the kilo boat go and what does it look like? i know for a fact that the kilo boat was redone and the canopy was cut. i saw it being transformed after the kilo run at the cig factory, it was cut down like the one in the pics and it was all white still, but in the paint booth awaiting new look. how many boats did skater build for cigarette? anyone got any pics?
Old 03-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Registered

also when the kilo boat was being redone the big power was removed and 1075's were installed. the gentleman at the cig factory told me the boat should run in the 130's with the new power, looks like the same boat. just my.02
Old 03-13-2009, 01:07 AM
Registered

Received 3,024 Likes on 991 Posts

are you sure about that? if so where did the kilo boat go and what does it look like? i know for a fact that the kilo boat was redone and the canopy was cut. i saw it being transformed after the kilo run at the cig factory, it was cut down like the one in the pics and it was all white still, but in the paint booth awaiting new look. how many boats did skater build for cigarette? anyone got any pics?
Yea, I'm sure.

The original Kilo boat was transformed into the "Strength & Honor" boat and then into the black 09 Miami boat show boat. Yes, the original power was changed to 1075's.

This "Skaterette" as it's affectionatly known as by some, was built at Skater using their 399 mold, it was then sent to cigarette for rigging, interior and paint. It is for all intensive purposes a Skater.

The Kilo boat was a Cig design built by Skater and then rigged prepped for the Kilo run by Cig. It's a 46' boat.

Skater has "built" three boats for Cig that I know of off hand. The Kilo boat, the Skaterette and the current 46 race boat running in P-1 over seas.

My understanding for the reasoning behind having Skater build these boat (besides the fact the Skaterette IS a Skater) is they are Epoxy boats. Cigarette does not have the means to lay up Epoxy boats and the technique is super expensive if you don't already have the proper tools.

Here's some pics of the Kilo boat as the Kilo boat, the S&H boat and the Black 09 boat show boat.

And a pic of the P-1 Europe boat (The twin to the Kilo boat) during a race.
Attached Thumbnails Wow -The 08 39 E type one off!-2006_0218miamiboatshow0005.jpg   Wow -The 08 39 E type one off!-cig%2520p%2526r.jpg   Wow -The 08 39 E type one off!-imgp1049.jpg  

Wow -The 08 39 E type one off!-air2.jpg   Wow -The 08 39 E type one off!-cig-p-1.jpg  

Last edited by thisistank; 03-13-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
Brandon's right about the hatch. I think that hatch ruins the top deck, a flush hatch would look alot better IMO. Don't care for the wrap around winshield either. Other than that, it's one badazz boat.
I have to agree 100 percent, I also dont like how the end of the windshield does not flow well into the hull of the boat. Looks like they just "slapped" it on there.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Yea, I'm sure.

The original Kilo boat was transformed into the "Strength & Honor" boat and then into the black 09 Miami boat show boat. Yes, the original power was changed to 1075's.

This "Skaterette" as it's affectionatly known as by some, was built at Skater using their 399 mold, it was then sent to cigarette for rigging, interior and paint. It is for all intensive purposes a Skater.

The Kilo boat was a Cig design built by Skater and then rigged prepped for the Kilo run by Cig. It's a 46' boat.

Skater has "built" three boats for Cig that I know of off hand. The Kilo boat, the Skaterette and the current 46 race boat running in P-1 over seas.

My understanding for the reasoning behind having Skater build these boat (besides the fact the Skaterette IS a Skater) is they are Epoxy boats. Cigarette does not have the means to lay up Epoxy boats and the technique is super expensive if you don't already have the proper tools.

Here's some pics of the Kilo boat as the Kilo boat, the S&H boat and the Black 09 boat show boat.

And a pic of the P-1 Europe boat (The twin to the Kilo boat) during a race.
Dont forget Rio Roses - Tom A's 45 maximus
Old 03-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

pretty sure that is the kilo run boat that was all white and a full canopy. it had big power and ran 160 ish.
The one I mentioned is brand new. It's never been rigged, painted, or even had the transom cut. Peter is just waiting for someone to buy it before going forward.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
The thing just screams for ''TAIL FINS''!!! THEN it would be cool!!! TAIL FINS WILL BE BACK! You'll see, they will be back I tell 'Ya!

Quick Reply: Wow -The 08 39 E type one off!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.