Notices

Who's going to buy this SICK 20??!!

Old 03-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
80 k thow seem's about 40 k to high

Sorry to hear that, but it won't be to the person that buys it. That boat is brand new.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:55 AM
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or you could have this with a trailer and still have enough left over to buy a Rolex !!!
Attached Thumbnails Who's going to buy this SICK 20??!!-sutphen-001.jpg   Who's going to buy this SICK 20??!!-sutphen-009.jpg   Who's going to buy this SICK 20??!!-sutphen-010.jpg  

Old 03-31-2009, 07:54 AM
Registered

Both very nice rigs !!!

Dino's cig is the best of the best I'm sure !
Old 03-31-2009, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by CMC
Or you could have this with a trailer and still have enough left over to buy a Rolex !!!
Nah, I have a rolex....I'll take the Cig
Old 03-31-2009, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CMC
I'll take a 20' all day long over this and you can keep the Rolex.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That didn't take long......
Old 04-01-2009, 06:34 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Do the math.....

Lots of folks want to buy a 20' Cigarette cheap and 'fix it up themselves'. When they finally find the project boat they finally get it that it is very expensive to restore these boats, especially to upgrade them. The 4 that LipShip performance built new a while back were $120K plus each. BLEE did it right and put together an awesome boat. If you do the math, this likely isn't a money - making proposition for him.

I have to give BLEE kudos for doing an excellent restoration. Whoever buys the boat will love it, my old 20' is great, there is no question that BLEE's 20 is greater.

Barry

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 04-01-2009, 07:01 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by O.C.Barry
Lots of folks want to buy a 20' Cigarette cheap and 'fix it up themselves'. When they finally find the project boat they finally get it that it is very expensive to restore these boats, especially to upgrade them. The 4 that LipShip performance built new a while back were $120K plus each. BLEE did it right and put together an awesome boat. If you do the math, this likely isn't a money - making proposition for him.

I have to give BLEE kudos for doing an excellent restoration. Whoever buys the boat will love it, my old 20' is great, there is no question that BLEE's 20 is greater.

Barry
Brandon/Blee bought his the way it sits and is a tight machine. this is one Phil did after he did the ground up on Ricks (OSG), I believe phil did 5 of them that Neil at Cig built hulls for him. Mine is being redone and with a stock 500efi in it, and all the work and parts to build and have it top of the line like Phils, 80k is a giveaway on this 20.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:22 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by O.C.Barry

Barry
Like OD said, I bought mine exactly as you see it, although it had more fuel than it does now. It's a 95 that never got used, much like this one being sold as far as a garage queen. According to Neill, the guy had mine brought back in 2002 in perfect condition, and had it redone for the hell of it.....ALL of it. I was able to buy it on Ebay of all places, for much less than I should have, if I were to start from scratch building one.

Man I WISH, I could take credit for designing the 20 being advertised! The one's that Phil has built have ALL been just perfect.

They are just toys, no different than an extra sportscar/JEEP/etc to play around with. I never planned to make money on it, and I doubt anyone else that's really redone one does either to an extent.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in Nantucket a few years ago and there was a yacht in the harbor with a cig and a donzi both sitting on the deck (probably both 20' but I cant say exactly). This would be a great ride for someone with a boat like that and probably not seem that expensive to them. The yacht and the two boats were all black and registered in NY, NY.

Quick Reply: Who's going to buy this SICK 20??!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.