question about bow/stern light switch on dash >

question about bow/stern light switch on dash

Notices

question about bow/stern light switch on dash

Old 06-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default question about bow/stern light switch on dash

I have a 1993 Cig TG. If you recall, the switch in the center of the dash has the green light that turns on when you push it forward to turn on bow nav lights, and then the red light on the switch that turns on when you push it backwards to turn on the stern light only.

the green light on my switch is out..... the actual lights come on but the green indicator is out making it easy to forget and leave them on. Do I need to replace the entire switch or is there a bulb in there that just needs to be changed? Also, where can I find it - either the bulb or the whole switch? Thanks in advance!

I attached a pic, its the red/green switch in the center of the row of switches.

Thanks in advance! Mark
Attached Thumbnails question about bow/stern light switch on dash-p2291794.jpg  

Last edited by eichhoma; 06-24-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:05 AM
Registered

Anybody??
Old 06-25-2009, 07:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 777 Likes on 354 Posts

One of mine (the water switch) has the green "glass" broken out of it and I can see the bulb - I could pull the cover back, jump up there and check for you tonight if you want me to....

I have a feeling that finding that bulb will be royal pain....
Old 06-25-2009, 08:13 AM
Registered

Thanks seafordguy, I talked to someone last night and was told that you really cant change the actual light in the switch. I am just wondering where I can get the switch to replace the whole thing now.... I just hate calling Cigarette for a part unless I have to. Thanks for the offer man!
Old 06-25-2009, 10:01 AM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eichhoma
Thanks seafordguy, I talked to someone last night and was told that you really cant change the actual light in the switch. I am just wondering where I can get the switch to replace the whole thing now.... I just hate calling Cigarette for a part unless I have to. Thanks for the offer man!
Mark,

might be easiest if you remove that panel since its just screws and then pull that switch out. Then you could take it down to a West Marine or look at some of the catalogs ( marine or otherwise ) that have a ton of those type of switches listed.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you pull the switch out, there should be a manufacturer name, and even possibly a model # on it then you could search the internet easirer.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call LipShip......

Isn't that the standard answer for getting any Cig parts?
Old 06-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Registered

Thanks for the replies guys! I will just pull it ouot tomorrow... it has to come out anyways, right?!
Old 06-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 3,102 Likes on 1,004 Posts

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated
Call LipShip......

Isn't that the standard answer for getting any Cig parts?
Ha! That's what I was going to say!

Seriously though, when my port starter switch went bad, Phil sent me a new one. I believe he's got some in stock, you'll have to call to see if he has the lighted ones. It's fairly simple to replace the whole switch (I did it and I'm the opposite of mechanically inclined!)
Just pop the dash off, carefully unscrew the 3-4 wires attached, pull the switch out and pop the new one in. Re-attach the wires, you're good to go!
Old 06-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
Ha! That's what I was going to say!

Seriously though, when my port starter switch went bad, Phil sent me a new one. I believe he's got some in stock, you'll have to call to see if he has the lighted ones. It's fairly simple to replace the whole switch (I did it and I'm the opposite of mechanically inclined!)
Just pop the dash off, carefully unscrew the 3-4 wires attached, pull the switch out and pop the new one in. Re-attach the wires, you're good to go!

Thanks Tank, I'll give him a call.... Phil hooked me up with the cabin door latch a couple years ago....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.