"The Dealer" >

"The Dealer"

Notices

"The Dealer"

Old 06-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Very cool vids!

I'd love to see more poker run vids from the old days!

Thanks for posting
Old 06-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks!

Great footage, thanks for posting!!
Old 06-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Awsome Videos!!
Old 06-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Watching the second video makes me cringe a little. Can you imagine running through the everglades S turns (looks like the entrance just before you get toKey Largo) at 45-50 mph running 3 wide now? Stu would have a melt down!

23 years later Gilberts and the Tiki bar looks exactly the same!!

And I LOVE how the guy running the fountain is wearing a Cigarette hat

Last edited by thisistank; 06-28-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:07 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Thanks ..... The good Ole' days
Old 06-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cig92
i have the 92 tg dealer boat. it looks like the one bigus posted but the nose stripe is painted white. it may be the same boat as in the photo and someone added the white later on, not sure but it looks like the same boat. trs and 600 hawks.

That was our old boat as well. It had the white stripe on it when we owned it. The previous owner colored in the stripe. It still had the Dealer paperwork & coozies in it when we bought it from Martin. You can barely see the "everglades racing" sticker on the side of this pic.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Dealer

Here's the '86 Dealer
Attached Thumbnails "The Dealer"-86-38-cig-painted.jpg   "The Dealer"-86-cig-painted-2.jpg   "The Dealer"-86-cig-painted-3.jpg  

"The Dealer"-86-cig-painted-4.jpg   "The Dealer"-86-cig-painted-6.jpg  
Old 06-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Registered

yup, that's the boat we now own. belee- did you commission dollar offshore or phil to sell the boat for you back in 2003ish? that carpet looked like it saw a few good days on the water by the way it was beaten down the boat has been getting updates for the past 7 years. everything is either new or replaced other than the paint which is next. the lettering and logos were resprayed but the red neads to be done. it now has a pair of 572 cu. in. 5 liter whipple 1050's with konrads. the boat has only seen the water one time for a quick shake down run and we saw 102 mph on gps. it should be ready for the water in another week or two.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:51 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by cig92
yup, that's the boat we now own. belee- did you commission dollar offshore or phil to sell the boat for you back in 2003ish? that carpet looked like it saw a few good days on the water by the way it was beaten down the boat has been getting updates for the past 7 years. everything is either new or replaced other than the paint which is next. the lettering and logos were resprayed but the red neads to be done. it now has a pair of 572 cu. in. 5 liter whipple 1050's with konrads. the boat has only seen the water one time for a quick shake down run and we saw 102 mph on gps. it should be ready for the water in another week or two.
Man, I'd seriously LOVE to see some recent pictures of her. I absolutely loved that boat. I was going to sell my 28 and take over the Red boat as my own, repower & refurbish it, and run it another 10 years. In the end I decided to get rid of them both, and get a T/S.

I'm not "exactly" sure how the deal between Phil & Doller was set up, but I'm pretty sure Phil had Doller sell it for him, and it was 03. I only saw it once after that at Shooters one evening. The guy was really nice that owned it then.

Yes, that carpet had definitely seen it's share of feet! I had the boat for almost 10 years, and had SO much fun with her. The boat was really ready for a Winter at the spa, and I was excited to do it. I actually wanted to turn it into a #6 boat, and put some Zul's in her. Those Hawks were the worst part of her, so I couldn't wait to jerk them out & burn them, haha. That particular pad under the carpet was still the softest one I've ever felt compared to any others, even AFTER it was in need of a replacement. My T/S had the pad as well, but wasn't near as soft. I loved the dash & throttles on that boat. Everything about it just fit so well.

I think about that boat literally all the time, and never thought I'd see or hear about it again. I'm so glad to hear it's in great hands. If you have ANY pictures of the progress you've made, could I see them? That would really bring the memories back.

Here's how the carpet got it's "shape". They were always the feet of great looking girls for the most part. The girls always loooved that boat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.