Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Cigarette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette-32/)
-   -   '05 39' Cigarette Top Gun (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette/213668-05-39-cigarette-top-gun.html)

seafordguy 08-11-2009 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 2929157)
seriously....I'd only consider it a "homo seat" if you were a homo and the guy next to you was a homo:eek::drink: Otherwise, I think it's actually an interesting set up (one I'd have no problem running) and the cabin layout is waaaaaay cooler than the standard 39 cabin (imho).

I agree - I think the side by side seating like that is pretty cool, and think that my wife would really enjoy it. Especially when we are just cruising, or crawling up and down the local creeks having a drink.

Plus - like I said earlier the cabin layout would be great.

seafordguy 08-11-2009 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by aim300x (Post 2928954)
So whats a good deal[what should i offer] for this vessel or keep looking for bigger powered boat?

Take this with a grain of salt because it is coming from a guy who isn't, nor will be anytime soon, in the market for a boat of this caliber, but if I was planning on keeping the boat for several seasons than, no, the "smaller" power wouldn't scare me off. You would have to rebuild it eventually anyways, most likely before you sold it, and you could always pull the 525's and sell them and repower with something with more grunt, either down the road, or before you sell it to make resale easier.

525's are a pretty desireable used block so you could probably come out pretty well going to larger power.

BLee 08-11-2009 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by seafordguy (Post 2929663)
you could always pull the 525's and sell them and repower with something with more grunt, either down the road, or before you sell it to make resale easier.

525's are a pretty desireable used block so you could probably come out pretty well going to larger power.

That boat will blow drives right & left with any engines big enough to make repowering it worth it. An upgrade to 600hp, isn't enough to notice vs the cost involved, and 700+ will make the XR's the weak link.

Take the boat for what it is, and don't try to make it something it's not. As it sits, it will be reliable as hell for YEARS to come. If you start repowering it to go faster, mess with the drives, etc, you will gain more headaches than mph.

Schweeng 08-11-2009 01:06 PM

Stay with the 525's...
It just seems the guys who have bigger power can't boat weekend after weekend...stock guys are almost always on the water...and boating past the big power guys who are limping in. :)

jmackin 08-11-2009 06:55 PM

if this really goes for $180k then it is gonna put a hurting on earlier 38 TS's resale. NO?:eek:

dkwestern 08-12-2009 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by jmackin (Post 2929943)
if this really goes for $180k then it is gonna put a hurting on earlier 38 TS's resale. NO?:eek:

They already go for low 100's

Besides, how much more $ does it take to build a 39 over a 38 with same options? Extra little bit of glass/resin, one driveshaft, one set of long tailpipes. Thats all I can think of.$10K?? Maybe? I know Cig charged way more but...

customryder 08-12-2009 03:12 PM

also not sure if i would want the "first" of anything

Just my o2 ct.. and worth every cent..

Planetwarmer 08-12-2009 11:35 PM

Its a unique boat, runs mid-upper 80s, runs on pump gas, whats not to like for that price!:hitit:

aim300x 08-13-2009 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by dkwestern (Post 2930521)
They already go for low 100's

Besides, how much more $ does it take to build a 39 over a 38 with same options? Extra little bit of glass/resin, one driveshaft, one set of long tailpipes. Thats all I can think of.$10K?? Maybe? I know Cig charged way more but...

Point taken, drop a foot of boat and price drops 30% to 40%. Maybe the 39s were overpriced back in the day, and this is the market that is speaking at the moment.

Nothing to do with cig but i recall looking at cats 36 feet last summer and they were 100.000$ more.

Von Bongo 08-13-2009 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 2929676)
As it sits, it will be reliable as hell for YEARS to come. If you start repowering it to go faster, mess with the drives, etc, you will gain more headaches than mph.

Originally Posted by Schweeng (Post 2929683)
Stay with the 525's...
It just seems the guys who have bigger power can't boat weekend after weekend...stock guys are almost always on the water...and boating past the big power guys who are limping in. :)

Very Good advice.

If you want more wait for the 700/NXT boats to come down. But as it is that boat will run for years if left alone. I for one really like those 39's.