Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
2003 Cigarette Gladiator >

2003 Cigarette Gladiator

Notices

2003 Cigarette Gladiator

Old 08-20-2009, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback, I can honestly say that I am not in a hurry to let it go and once again, Am not looking to give it away.At the end of the day, the boat being sold is a CIG and while the market is down, doesn't mean that the quality of boat being sold should be..That said, If anybody wants a super clean CIG, let me know...

Joe
Old 08-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Registered

Talking

I would buy that glad that sank.Bo from monstaa marine redid that whole boat especially for 100k ! Boats get wet ;there* made of fiberglass inside and out last time I looked.The glads just have a bad rep.If you know how to drive them there great !
Old 08-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
I would buy that glad that sank.Bo from monstaa marine redid that whole boat especially for 100k ! Boats get wet ;there* made of fiberglass inside and out last time I looked.The glads just have a bad rep.If you know how to drive them there great !
PC -

Do you know how/why/where it went over and whether it had the current Zuls/drives at the time? The boat has been for sale for a long time and at $104.900 not one bid.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Usually boats arent sold on ebay but they are sold with the help of ebay. It is a great way to showcase your boat and a lot of times you end up selling it to someone who saw it on ebay. People need to secure financing, insurance, inspection, test ride, and a comfort factor. These things are hard to get done in a 7 day auction. A lot of people think that the bids on ebay become the value of that item and thats usually not the case. I have sold numerous boats and cars with the help of ebay but never in my actual auctions. Just my experience.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bmanafort
Usually boats arent sold on ebay but they are sold with the help of ebay. It is a great way to showcase your boat and a lot of times you end up selling it to someone who saw it on ebay. People need to secure financing, insurance, inspection, test ride, and a comfort factor. These things are hard to get done in a 7 day auction. A lot of people think that the bids on ebay become the value of that item and thats usually not the case. I have sold numerous boats and cars with the help of ebay but never in my actual auctions. Just my experience.

Totally agree.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Registered

Anybody gonna step up to buy this great looking and running ride..
Old 08-25-2009, 07:55 AM
Registered

Bring all offers...Want to move it......See what you come up with..

Thanks,
Joe
Old 08-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
I do not totally agree with that. Balsa boats get water saturated in many different ways. I have spent plenty of time at Cigarette (and some at Skater).
In the case of a Cigarette my fear is not just the normal rot issues it's the tops of the bulkheads that are a concern.
When I picked up my 2000 Cigarette the tops of the bulkheads were all unfinished. In the cabin this is not a huge problem at the engine bulkhead it was and I fixed it. If you sink one the bulkheads could become sponges particularly when balsa is used unsealed.
Steve
Old 08-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joefitness123
Bring all offers...Want to move it......See what you come up with..

Thanks,
Joe
what drives are on it,,,props,,, speed???and gear ratio

Last edited by TWIN-SPINS; 08-25-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TWIN-SPINS
what drives are on it,,,props,,, speed???and gear ratio
Twin,

Bravos, 4 Blade Lab 34...92 Mph....1:62.....

Thanks,
Joe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.