Playboy on boat trader, hasn't sold >

Playboy on boat trader, hasn't sold

Notices

Playboy on boat trader, hasn't sold

Old 12-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 3,077 Likes on 1,001 Posts

Originally Posted by JRalston
What is the general consensus from the Cig community on the 35's?
I don't think anyone can say anything negative about them. I rode in Dans (H20toie) quite a bit and it's a great boat! I think what killed them is they were priced too close to a 38 Top Gun and people just paid a little more for the extra 3 feet. Obviously still the case as posted in the above links.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thisistank
I don't think anyone can say anything negative about them. I rode in Dans (H20toie) quite a bit and it's a great boat! I think what killed them is they were priced too close to a 38 Top Gun and people just paid a little more for the extra 3 feet. Obviously still the case as posted in the above links.
Thanks, how did it do offshore? I would think it would be a little lighter/faster than a gun. Most of my boating is lake boating and 38 is just about too big for my current dock/lift setup but 35 shouldnt be.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:12 PM
Registered

Thanks, how did it do offshore? I would think it would be a little lighter/faster than a gun. Most of my boating is lake boating and 38 is just about too big for my current dock/lift setup but 35 shouldnt be.
I can't speak for Dan but I think he'd agree, it ran really well in the open ocean. Where we live the water gets very snotty on top of a common large swell. Dan ran that thing all over the Pacific and we ran it down to Key West from Miami year before last in some snotty weather (snotty enough the girls drove back). I was impressed with the way it handled and I wouldn't pause one moment at owning one. I will say though, I personally noticed the lack of the extra 3 feet. It wasn't a huge deal but still....I'd actually like to hear from someone that has owned both if they agree with me. Just seemed a little bumpier and I think the ol' saying rings true; in big water, there's no substitute for length brother!
Old 12-29-2009, 09:54 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hank36
There's an 04 with 525's (purple one in Miami)It's on offshore listed there asking like 165,000 with 280 hours(salt water)but I belive you can get it for 120,000.00 no trailer and will need some work !!Good luck.
Or you can buy mine with FRESH motors, 2007 Myco trailer and in the best condition on ANY used TG!
Perfect paint, looks like new (no BS!)

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/6425

So do the math:
Used boat for 120,000 maybe
Rebuilds X2 7,500+ each (15,000)
Myco 18,000+

Total: 153,000+ plus any necessary items like drive rebuild, or rigging issues, . . . . . .l
Mine has been done stem to stern. Looks like a Miami BS boat!

Pay a little more and get a 100% turn key reliable boat, or buy someone else's used problems?!?

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron

Last edited by BillR; 12-29-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I ran next to Dan for about 182 miles one day (lunch run down to Newport and then back up). The water was anything but flat. In all conditions that boat ran real well. And in the 2-4 (Cig water) ran GREAT!!!
Old 01-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would think it would be a little lighter/faster than a gun.
The TS Guns are actually a little faster than the TS 35's. The 35's don't have the notch in the transom, and were built & balanced to run 500/525's & Bravo's. The 35's will turn a little sharper not having the notch, but the Gun gets on top of the water better and run faster.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BLee
The TS Guns are actually a little faster than the TS 35's. but the Gun gets on top of the water better and run faster.
same with the straight bottom guns vs the cafe. Guns faster with equal power. That is from the horses mouth (so to speak) Craig barrie
Old 01-03-2010, 10:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thisistank
same with the straight bottom guns vs the cafe. Guns faster with equal power. That is from the horses mouth (so to speak) Craig barrie
VERY interesting! Maybe I could make room for an extra 3 feet!! especially considering the current pricing but it will probably be a while before I could make a move. Thanks for all the good info guys.