Turn em in anyone?

Notices

Turn em in anyone?

Old 01-13-2010, 12:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
Offshore what are you running for power and mph?
my 500efis are side by side and putting aout 615-625 hp, xrs and now turning in, top speed this year was 76.8 on GPS. 26 stock pitch and 1.5 drive. Not the highest hp boat out there by any means but very reliable. after turning in the bow carrys much better and the boat has a crisper throttle response in mid range. I laos noticed that at 55 mph my rpms are lower than they used to be so to me that means it is more efficent. if anything is different around the dock, I sure cant tell and at least in mine the current is a bigger factor than anything I have done to change the boat.

So for me it was worth it, I will put on labbed props this summer to see if I can get any more, but who knows.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by cigrocket
I had a 35' mistress, no notch. Konrad Drives. By spinning in I gained 4-5 miles an hour. The docking was an issue and I new I didn't buy the boat to be the fastest. It ran an honest 75 all the time spinning out. Ran 78-79 spinning in.

If you are only chasing one mile an hour, I would talk to BBlades and see what they can do for you. You say you have labbed props, but Brett seems to be able to squeeze 1 or 2 MPH when you want to get it done. Also depending on x dimension, maybe you can put shorties on. Sometimes, Cigarette is conservative with the X dimension.

Good luck
Brett did my props and I will tell anyone looking to go faster to start there. I started at 74-75 and now run 78-79. I was thinking about having him bring up my rpms a little also.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

my 35 t/s i had em in and picked up a tick but it has no notch... notched 38 t/s spin out per the experts and running in snot
Old 01-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

The props on my my 39 Top Gun are turning in (staggered engines). We also had them turning in on the 2000 Top Gun (TS, side by side) and 2003 Gladiator (staggered engines). All three of these were set up with the props turning in from the get go and I never tried them with the props turning out so I cannot tell you what difference it will make. I can tell you that they do work fine turning in on a twin step though.

As for a straight bottom, we tried the props turning out on my old 45 Apache before we decided to turn them in and leave it that way. Turning them in provided the boat with more bow lift and it actually seemed to handle better as well.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If someone doesn't mind a rookie question...

What does it mean to "turn in" your props, and why would it effect docking?
Old 01-13-2010, 05:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
If someone doesn't mind a rookie question...

What does it mean to "turn in" your props, and why would it effect docking?

Starboard prop turns CCW, port turns CW. ( when viewed from the rear)

Reverse seems to have less effect than
when they're turning out.

I've found that leaving the drives trimmed
slighly positve helps handling a bit, when turning in.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
Okay I don't want to hi jack your thread but I am wondering if I could benefit from turning them in. 93 Cafe running 26 labbed props boat runs 78-79mph. Would love to get 80 on GPS. What is the downside? I would imagine docking?
I'm spinning in. (89 Cafe) Better all around except around the dock. Docking will take getting used to.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big difference on mine. Turned in last year and gained 4mph top end. '01 Tiger straight bottom. 750hp ea side by side with IMCO Extremes and extension boxes. No problems docking.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Expat
Big difference on mine. Turned in last year and gained 4mph top end. '01 Tiger straight bottom. 750hp ea side by side with IMCO Extremes and extension boxes. No problems docking.
nice! whats top speed with the 750's? what type of boxes? straight back or upswept..any pics?
Old 01-14-2010, 06:15 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
nice! whats top speed with the 750's? what type of boxes? straight back or upswept..any pics?
Staight back boxes. I just put the engines back in from a full Ron Potter rebuild and only have about three hours on them so I don't have top end #'s yet. Before the rebuild and I think about 50-75hp less per side my gps top end was 86mph. I sure am hoping for 90mph but........

Pics and more numbers soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.