Considering Sale need help >

Considering Sale need help

Notices

Considering Sale need help

Old 02-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering Sale need help

Hello all I am considering sale of my 1986 38ft Flat Deck. I really dont have any idea where to start with pricing. I have seen some really beat up ones go for $50k a while back but not sure what this market is like now a days.

New 454 motors, trs outdrives, gelcoat, gauges, throttles, and battery charger in 2005. Brand new interior last summer and graphics the year before. Boat has about 400 hours on the hull and probably 60 since the rebuild. It also has a heavy duty triple axel trailer. Boat has always been in fresh water.

I cant seem to upload any pics and really dont have much online to post a link to but here is what she looks like.

Here is a pic before the graphics
Old 02-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Banned

Stick it up in the OSO Classifieds section.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

id say start at 69k ask
Old 02-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rockstar38
Hello all I am considering sale of my 1986 38ft Flat Deck. I really dont have any idea where to start with pricing. I have seen some really beat up ones go for $50k a while back but not sure what this market is like now a days.

New 454 motors, trs outdrives, gelcoat, gauges, throttles, and battery charger in 2005. Brand new interior last summer and graphics the year before. Boat has about 400 hours on the hull and probably 60 since the rebuild. It also has a heavy duty triple axel trailer. Boat has always been in fresh water.

I cant seem to upload any pics and really dont have much online to post a link to but here is what she looks like.

Here is a pic before the graphics

Lets see some more pictures, too.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have a nice boat, but be prepared for some sticker shock. NADA has your boat value at around $25k (http://www.nadaguides.com/default.as...C&gc=MR&gtc=MR). I know that yours is updated, but the banks don't really care. They'll likely only lend $25k or less to someone that wants to buy it.

I know in my area there has been someone trying to sell a 1991 35' with twin supercharged 625Hp motors for $69 for the last two years, and hasn't gotten anywhere. What you should list it for largely depends on how fast you want to sell it, and whether you're serious about getting rid of it.

Last edited by wjb21ndtown; 02-06-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 1,489 Likes on 805 Posts

Very nice looking boat. I understand the NADA thing however wouldn't concern yourself with it a whole lot. I am a total believer that if you maintain and care for a boat that it helps a great deal when selling it. Especially a boat such as a Cig. Someone will more than likely appreciate what you have and be willing to pay much more than NADA. Your engines are also likely to expedite the sale also. Big Power most often means big beating also. Not always but... When you get serious about selling it be sure and take several pics. I just sold a 03 Artic Cat F7 that NADA had at under 2k and I put it on ebay and got close to 4k. I guess that's why the call it NADA "guide"

Good luck and once again vey nice looking. I have always loved those boats.

John
Old 02-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Very nice looking boat. I understand the NADA thing however wouldn't concern yourself with it a whole lot. I am a total believer that if you maintain and care for a boat that it helps a great deal when selling it. Especially a boat such as a Cig. Someone will more than likely appreciate what you have and be willing to pay much more than NADA. Your engines are also likely to expedite the sale also. Big Power most often means big beating also. Not always but... When you get serious about selling it be sure and take several pics. I just sold a 03 Artic Cat F7 that NADA had at under 2k and I put it on ebay and got close to 4k. I guess that's why the call it NADA "guide"

Good luck and once again vey nice looking. I have always loved those boats.

John
That's true GRD, but my point was more to what the banks are doing, than what someone would be willing to give/borrow for the boat. To sell your snowmobile you only needed to find someone that had $4K in the bank. It's a lot tougher to find someone with $60K in the bank.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Registered

Guess I'll be the first to make an offer at the NADA pricing, when should I pick it up
Old 02-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Registered

Nice boat, it has very strong selling points the first one I seen was FRESH WATER that alone is worth 10 grand more on a boat your size in my book.

400 hours on a boat that year is also very low hours thats another good selling point.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

the real question is.... what is next Rocky?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.