Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Kevlar Hulls >

Kevlar Hulls

Notices

Kevlar Hulls

Old 02-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks Donz . Not looking for a race boat, with two young girls12 and 14 . need a cabin. Hope you get your price, might be tough in this market.

Rick G.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

CigO's right with the drum thing...hit the hull with the side of your fist up near where the v-berth would be, between the bulkheads....it's got a distinct, and clearly different sound... like a drum...
c
Old 02-27-2010, 03:09 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just lowered the price of my Kevlar gun. I too have 2 small kids (7 & 9) and enjoy the cabin, head & the straight hull. Rides like it's on a rail. Let me know if I can help. The posts above are correct, you do see a yellowing...however i don't believe they are any lighter. I may be wrong..but I think they are stronger...I have no spyder cracks at all...I alwasy assumed it was a benifit of the Kevlar layup
Attached Thumbnails Kevlar Hulls-100_3650rev.jpg   Kevlar Hulls-100_5610-small-.jpg   Kevlar Hulls-100_2283rev-small-.jpg  

Old 03-05-2010, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kevlar is yellow or gold where its raw,,, or if there is fiber glass cloth over it the resin has to be epoxy, you can put epoxy over polester resin but can not put poliester resin over epoxy so the resin will be clear or yellow tinted if uv tinted, you know what epoxy looks like its used to covers table or bar some times there are old coins in the resin or photos.. epoxy is clear so it will be yellow if its kevlar or white to yellow if fiberglass cloth is in the lay up....... polester is green or brown the greener the better, I have an old 72 35b and the glass is green as can be and sticky to the touch.. my 20 cid is brown and dry, brown resin is from the bottom of the vat so there is wax in its often called boat yard, green resin is the best first run stuff un waxed dries sticky, epoxy resin is clear unless tinted or uv activated,,, epoxy will never feel sticky...

so look at the color of the raw fabric and you will know what your looking at.... yellow/amber dry to the touch epoxy, green and some times sticky polyester resin, brown and dry to the touch boat yard...

often there is no gelcoat on epoxy boats.. and there painted...