Cafe Restoration Update

Notices

Cafe Restoration Update

Old 06-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 773 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by ajacobazzi
Some new photo's to share this week...........
When I was shopping for my Cafe I went with the later style cabin, but looking at nice clean cabins like yours makes me realize how great it would be to have the couches for friends to sleep on. My brother is 6'5" and he is NOT comfortable when he has to curl up on my couch......

Boat is looking great....

I love the flush mount cleats but I was always worried about the fact they ultimately drain into the bilge?? I would definitely have them though if my boat stayed covered the majority of the time....
Old 06-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

AJ can i get a better pic of the switch panel in cabin also are the switches spade style or have the screw to hold the wires on. If they are can you tell me where you got them olling to swap mine out
Thanks
-Mike
Old 08-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it’s been a little while since I’ve actually brought her home, almost 30 days actually. I wish that I could say that I’ve been enjoying her……..but I can’t. I had to take matters into my own hands to get her completed. Deadline after deadline had passed, and Fastboats.com couldn’t seem to find the finish line. Honestly, they told me that it’d be done nearly every two weeks since last Thanksgiving. So as you could imagine, enough was enough. They got me 95% there, and I’m handling the last 5%.

This past Saturday was my first real day to take her out and enjoy her. The day started out fantastic, although it felt like it was a million degrees outside. However, my day ended tragically, as water was found in the oil in both motors. The Starboard motor starts, idles and runs perfectly as if there was no problem at all. The Port motor, starts (after applying full throttle and cranking for 10 seconds), won’t idle (need to keep revving the motor while it puffs black smoke), and seeming runs perfectly as long as you maintain 1,500 rpm and higher. I know that it’s a boat, but DAMN! She won’t even give me one day.

Anyway, I figured that I would share some photos with you all as visually she’s basically completed. Hopefully you all like it. I do. It came out better than I imagined that it would. It better have! After all the damn money that I put into it! I’ll be a mad Motha’ F’r if I have to get rid of it due to the state of the economy. Hopefully business will turn around soon; otherwise, maybe I’ll just have to live in it.
Attached Thumbnails Cafe Restoration Update-dscn0331.jpg   Cafe Restoration Update-dscn0363.jpg   Cafe Restoration Update-dscn0366.jpg  

Cafe Restoration Update-dscn0371.jpg  
Old 08-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Registered

More......
Attached Thumbnails Cafe Restoration Update-img_0525.jpg   Cafe Restoration Update-img_0526.jpg   Cafe Restoration Update-img_0527.jpg  

Cafe Restoration Update-img_0528.jpg  
Old 08-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Registered

More....
Attached Thumbnails Cafe Restoration Update-img_0530.jpg   Cafe Restoration Update-img_0531.jpg   Cafe Restoration Update-img_0532.jpg  

Old 08-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Registered

Okay, last one.
Attached Thumbnails Cafe Restoration Update-dscn0370.jpg  
Old 08-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Registered

Beautiful job, looks great.

Good luck getting the engine's straightened out and on the water.

I've been doing little bits and pieces on my 96 Powerplay this year, and these types of things inspire me to keep going and do the next little thing here and there.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Hey Aj just got the hull i paint over the weekend so i know you pain about waiting an waiting. Engines have been atthe machine shopsince Feb. 1st and now its Aug 1st.
But here is the hull on mine. I like yours clean and siimple i went that route this time since my last boat was a clown show.
-Mike
Attached Images     
Old 08-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ajacobazzi
Okay, last one.
Looks great!!!! Sorry about the engine issue, you'll get past that don't worry =) Would love to see some videos once you get the chance!

Sam
Old 08-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thumbs up

Your Boat Looks AWESOME!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.