Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Cafe Restoration Update >

Cafe Restoration Update

Notices

Cafe Restoration Update

Old 08-02-2010, 12:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never seen a boat that so resembles the dream Cig I have built in my mind over my entire life. The contrast of the black hull and the oval logo is perfect. The bright, clean white subtly accented by the modern metallurgy of the new hardware. It looks like Cigarette themselves just debuted their brand new Cafe Anniversary Edition. I am even more inspired to someday have a Cig as beautiful as this.
Good work sir. It truly is perfect.

G/L with the motors. That could happen to anybody. I hope you can mentally separate that (mechanical) problem from your artful accomplishment with the rest of the boat.

I'm new btw.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 777 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by idreamt...

I'm new btw.
Welcome....
Old 08-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ajacobazzi
...as water was found in the oil in both motors.
If those are Gil Exhaust manifolds, you may want to have them checked and/or pressure tested.

Mine have had multiple cracks, that will milk up the motors.

Good luck partner- boat looks great.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:22 AM
87cafe
VIP Member

Well, it’s been a little while since I’ve actually brought her home, almost 30 days actually. I wish that I could say that I’ve been enjoying her……..but I can’t. I had to take matters into my own hands to get her completed. Deadline after deadline had passed, and Fastboats.com couldn’t seem to find the finish line. Honestly, they told me that it’d be done nearly every two weeks since last Thanksgiving. So as you could imagine, enough was enough. They got me 95% there, and I’m handling the last 5%.

This past Saturday was my first real day to take her out and enjoy her. The day started out fantastic, although it felt like it was a million degrees outside. However, my day ended tragically, as water was found in the oil in both motors. The Starboard motor starts, idles and runs perfectly as if there was no problem at all. The Port motor, starts (after applying full throttle and cranking for 10 seconds), won’t idle (need to keep revving the motor while it puffs black smoke), and seeming runs perfectly as long as you maintain 1,500 rpm and higher. I know that it’s a boat, but DAMN! She won’t even give me one day.

Anyway, I figured that I would share some photos with you all as visually she’s basically completed. Hopefully you all like it. I do. It came out better than I imagined that it would. It better have! After all the damn money that I put into it! I’ll be a mad Motha’ F’r if I have to get rid of it due to the state of the economy. Hopefully business will turn around soon; otherwise, maybe I’ll just have to live in it.
the boat is sick! great job i didnt put as much detail in my cr but i feel your pain i spent all fall and winter fixin stress cracks, repainting, the boat just alittle cosmetic up lift i go and put it in the water, and bam dropped valve in strb, motor, i fixed it then ruiened a strb trs drive! replaced it as well so i went ahead and re did the whole top end of the port motor. took it out for the first time yesterday out to ship island and it was like a breath of fresh air, so i understand what you goin through good luck man great job on the boat!
Old 08-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

More......
Boat looks beatiful! It sounds like maybe you have some water reversion. Don't give up now when it's all done you will be on top of the world.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected]
the boat is sick! great job i didnt put as much detail in my cr but i feel your pain i spent all fall and winter fixin stress cracks, repainting, the boat just alittle cosmetic up lift i go and put it in the water, and bam dropped valve in strb, motor, i fixed it then ruiened a strb trs drive! replaced it as well so i went ahead and re did the whole top end of the port motor. took it out for the first time yesterday out to ship island and it was like a breath of fresh air, so i understand what you goin through good luck man great job on the boat!
Let's see some before and after pics!
Old 08-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Registered

Thank you everyone for the kind words! Visually, I absolutely love it. And I truly enjoyed the one day that I had with her. The ocean was nearly a sheet of glass.

I decided to pull the motors and completly go through them. I don't want to constantly be on egg shells, and have a different problem arrise every other weekend. They'll be at Native Racing Engines in Lake Park...........he's a good friend of mine, so I know that I'll be in good hands. Thankfully their just stock motors, so for him, it'd be like working on a lawn mower engines.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More......
absolutely beautiful!!!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:01 PM
87cafe
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 4195
Let's see some before and after pics!
im workin on it!
Old 08-04-2010, 01:10 AM
Registered

AJ, the boat turned out amazing! Good luck with the engine troubles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.